Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

CS 1.6 server with full static crosshair, can I turn it off?

Post New Thread Reply   

canvaschar
Old 03-28-2021 , 12:31   CS 1.6 server with full static crosshair, can I turn it off?
Reply With Quote #1

Hello, I'm playing on CS 1.6 server where everybody can change color and size of the crosshair with default console commands or in the Options section, but behavior of the crosshair must be imposed from the top with some plugin, because he is full-static. In CS 1.6 is no option to do that with commands.
Command cl_dynamiccrosshair 0/1 doesn't change anything.

Is there something I can do to have normal crosshair like after using cl_dynamiccrosshair 0/1 command?

https://streamable.com/leowga

Last edited by canvaschar; 03-29-2021 at 08:24.
OciXCrom
Veteran Member
Old 03-28-2021 , 13:49   Re: CS 1.6 server with full static crosshair, can I turn it off?
Reply With Quote #2

Dynamic crosshair controls whether the crosshair will be static/dynamic. What is your question?
Are you trying to use this command in the server's console so it works for all players?

Last edited by OciXCrom; 03-28-2021 at 13:54.
Send a message via Skype™ to OciXCrom
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 03-28-2021 , 14:48   Re: CS 1.6 server with full static crosshair, can I turn it off?
Reply With Quote #3

The crosshair is a client-side setting. Cvars prefixed with "cl_" means they are client-side settings. Also, the crosshair can be changed entirely to a custom dynamic crosshair (I use a small red dot) on the client.

Last edited by fysiks; 03-28-2021 at 14:49.
canvaschar
Old 03-28-2021 , 15:51   Re: CS 1.6 server with full static crosshair, can I turn it off?
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by OciXCrom View Post
Dynamic crosshair controls whether the crosshair will be static/dynamic. What is your question?
Are you trying to use this command in the server's console so it works for all players?
I'm playing on the server, on which crosshair is set as full-static for all players. I don't like it and I want set it to half-static, like after using cl_dynamiccrosshair 0 command, but like I said, using this command doesn't change anything.
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 03-28-2021 , 16:08   Re: CS 1.6 server with full static crosshair, can I turn it off?
Reply With Quote #5

"half-static" doesn't make any sense, what are you talking about? If the server is forcing settings on you then they are probably slowhacking you. Unfortunately, until that particular thing is blocked by the internal source code of the client (aka by Valve) then you can't really do anything. Depending on how often they are sending the command, you might be able to set it more often than them by adding it to a often pressed button. Other than that you might have to either deal with it or stop playing there.
Old 03-29-2021 , 02:47   Re: CS 1.6 server with full static crosshair, can I turn it off?
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
"half-static" doesn't make any sense, what are you talking about? If the server is forcing settings on you then they are probably slowhacking you.
cl_dynamiccrosshair 0 - crosshair is static when we are walking but not when we are shooting. That's what I meant by saying "half-static".
cl_dynamiccrosshair 1 - crosshair is dynamic when we are walking and when we are shooting.

There is no other options to change behavior of the crosshair, so we can't make him "full-static" with commands. It means, they (server owners) do that with some plugin or script.
So, you are saying, I can't do anything with that?

Last edited by canvaschar; 03-29-2021 at 02:50.
tarsisd2
Veteran Member
Old 03-29-2021 , 03:33   Re: CS 1.6 server with full static crosshair, can I turn it off?
Reply With Quote #7

i have never seen a server change cl_dynamiccrosshair value from someone, what would they gain? set the value you want on your config.cfg, make it ready-only
nG_getwreck
Old 03-29-2021 , 04:23   Re: CS 1.6 server with full static crosshair, can I turn it off?
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by canvaschar View Post
cl_dynamiccrosshair 0 - crosshair is static when we are walking but not when we are shooting. That's what I meant by saying "half-static".
cl_dynamiccrosshair 1 - crosshair is dynamic when we are walking and when we are shooting.

There is no other options to change behavior of the crosshair, so we can't make him "full-static" with commands. It means, they (server owners) do that with some plugin or script.
So, you are saying, I can't do anything with that?
Sounds you're using nosteam client aren't you? use cl_filtercmdstuff "1" and set your config.cfg and userconfig.cfg to read-only.

Last edited by nG_getwreck; 03-29-2021 at 04:28.
canvaschar
Old 03-29-2021 , 05:01   Re: CS 1.6 server with full static crosshair, can I turn it off?
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarsisd2 View Post
i have never seen a server change cl_dynamiccrosshair value from someone, what would they gain? set the value you want on your config.cfg, make it ready-only
Like I said, in CS 1.6 is no option to have full-static crosshair with commands, so I think, changing cfg will not give anything, but I will try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarsisd2 View Post
what would they gain?
This is CSGO MOD server and they are saying this crosshair is like in CS GO. I know this is stupid, because in CS GO we can do anything we want with the crosshair, but what can I do..

Quote:
Originally Posted by nG_getwreck View Post
Sounds you're using nosteam client aren't you? use cl_filtercmdstuff "1" and set your config.cfg and userconfig.cfg to read-only.
I'm on Steam. I will try this.

//EDIT

config and userconfig set to read-only, cl_filterstuffcmd set to 1, and before doing this I entered to normal server where crosshair is working good. Doesn't work.

This is the console log when I'm connecting with the server:

Quote:
NET Ports: server 27015, client 27005
Server IP address 192.168.100.142:27015
Connecting to 193.33.176.108:27015...
Connection accepted by 193.33.176.108:27015
Server tried to send invalid command:"exec cstrike.cfg;clear
"
* Przywileje ustawione

BUILD 2228 SERVER (0 CRC)
Server # 59
Server tried to send invalid command:"bind "v" "menu"
"
Couldn't open file overviews/css_train_go.txt. Using default values for overiew mode.
Couldn't open file overviews/css_train_go.txt. Using default values for overiew mode.
DeXteR is joining the Counter-Terrorist force
Server tried to send invalid command:"exec hltv.cfg
"
Server tried to send invalid command:"exec logos/spray.cfg
"
Server tried to send invalid command:"setinfo _sth "1353059b52f0e08e37114510e27601d5";wait;devel oper 1;wait;
"
Server tried to send invalid command:"writecfg hltv
"
Server tried to send invalid command:"writecfg logos/spray
"
Server tried to send invalid command:"developer 0
"

Not recording a demo.

Last edited by canvaschar; 03-29-2021 at 05:10.
OciXCrom
Veteran Member
Old 03-29-2021 , 05:08   Re: CS 1.6 server with full static crosshair, can I turn it off?
Reply With Quote #10

So is your question about your own GAME or your SERVER?