Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Forked CSGO server not starting with latest dev build of sm and mm

Post New Thread Reply   

8guawong
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-03-2019 , 09:23   Re: Forked CSGO server not starting with latest dev build of sm and mm
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppetmaster View Post
I am also having this issue. I guess we will have to wait.
The interesting thing is that some of my servers are fine and others are not.
All of them are running the same versions of SM and MM.
forked server will work fine if you don't use +sm_basepath
Old 09-03-2019 , 09:54   Re: Forked CSGO server not starting with latest dev build of sm and mm
Reply With Quote #12

I tried several different combinations of metamod and sourcemod versions (both stable and dev) along with the removal of +sm_basepath and it still does not seem to want to work on some of my servers.

GZS Servers
8guawong
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-03-2019 , 10:09   Re: Forked CSGO server not starting with latest dev build of sm and mm
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
I tried several different combinations of metamod and sourcemod versions (both stable and dev) along with the removal of +sm_basepath and it still does not seem to want to work on some of my servers.
make sure csgo server is up to date
(not sure if current latest update is optional or not)
up to date csgo server + latest dev build of sm and mm is ok
(at least for me anyway)
Old 09-03-2019 , 10:22   Re: Forked CSGO server not starting with latest dev build of sm and mm
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
I am also having this issue. I guess we will have to wait.
The interesting thing is that some of my servers are fine and others are not.
All of them are running the same versions of SM and MM.
It seems that if you don't restart your servers, they still work fine but if you restart them they might all stop functioning well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8guawong View Post
forked server will work fine if you don't use +sm_basepath
Well it seems to not be safe not separating sourcemod installations of forked servers. LINK

Last edited by almil36; 09-03-2019 at 10:23.
Puppetmaster
Old 09-03-2019 , 16:24   Re: Forked CSGO server not starting with latest dev build of sm and mm
Reply With Quote #15

My servers all update automatically, they poll steams API every 5 minutes and update immediately when valve push out a new patch.
I think that we will just have to wait for a fix to come out here, it might be a while since it only seems to affect certain hardware?

My main observation here would be that it seems to only affect my more modern servers (skylake and above).
Anything older than that seems completely unaffected, for those servers I am running a mix of ubuntu 16.04, 18.04 and Debian.

GZS Servers

Last edited by Puppetmaster; 09-03-2019 at 16:32.
almil36
Old 09-04-2019 , 03:39   Re: Forked CSGO server not starting with latest dev build of sm and mm
Reply With Quote #16

Yeah hopefully it doesn't get forgotten..
In my case, it touches all my servers (all same "moderness")
After some trials, it seems like the parameters "sm_basepath" and "mm_basedir" don't work the same way as before but they are still recognized as putting them make the server not finding Sourcemod anymore. It might be a really simple fix but I cannot find it yet.
Puppetmaster
Old 09-04-2019 , 05:00   Re: Forked CSGO server not starting with latest dev build of sm and mm
Reply With Quote #17

When I try 'meta retry 1' it tries to reload sourcemod from the 'csgo/game_type' directory, a completely different directory than it used to (used to be csgo/addons/sourcemodForked1).

Update:
Seems to be the command line is being parsed incorrectly in the latest build.
Depending on where sm_basepath is put in the command it will read the path differently.
It seems to randomly grab a different argument than the one which it is supposed to read.
eg, moving "+sm_basepath addons/sourcemodForked1" back one argument pair makes it read "maxplayers_override" as the path instead.
If I had to guess Id start looking into changes near where argv is being read.

GZS Servers

Last edited by Puppetmaster; 09-04-2019 at 06:40.
ExReel
Old 09-04-2019 , 05:51   Re: Forked CSGO server not starting with latest dev build of sm and mm
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
My servers all update automatically, they poll steams API every 5 minutes and update immediately when valve push out a new patch.
I think that we will just have to wait for a fix to come out here, it might be a while since it only seems to affect certain hardware?

My main observation here would be that it seems to only affect my more modern servers (skylake and above).
Anything older than that seems completely unaffected, for those servers I am running a mix of ubuntu 16.04, 18.04 and Debian.
Same Here
Btw what auto update script did you use? i own a server for about a year but still hasn't had an auto update script on my servers haha
Puppetmaster
Old 09-04-2019 , 06:02   Re: Forked CSGO server not starting with latest dev build of sm and mm
Reply With Quote #19

Mine is a simple shell script that runs in the crontab that polls the API and restarts the server instances if needed.

GZS Servers
ambn
Veteran Member
Old 09-04-2019 , 12:50   Re: Forked CSGO server not starting with latest dev build of sm and mm
Reply With Quote #20

having the same issue, cannot use sourcemod on forked servers, is there any fix yet?