Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[CS:GO] ckSurf (1.18f, 24.11.2015)

Post New Thread Reply   

sneaK
SourceMod Moderator
Old 09-07-2017 , 15:47   Re: [CS:GO] ckSurf (1.18f, 24.11.2015)
Reply With Quote #2691

After 2 years of cksurf being released, and over a year of the author no longer supporting it, it is time this plugin gets unapproved.

There are numerous serious issues, including various memory leaks, horrendous optimization, database setup/queries being extremely sub-standard or plainly incorrect, possibility of code/queries being executed on the wrong client... I could go on. To be quite frank, the code is an overall nightmare.

Recommendation if you are looking for a timer: The most current, up to date surf timer is being maintained over here: https://github.com/surftimer/SurfTimer

If you are looking for other options, I recommend taking a look at Influx Timer or shavit's timer, and deciding which one would fit your needs better. I'm sure there are other options out there that I'm not personally aware of, so search search search! There are always options.

Helpful links/tips:
  • Search This Thread - Chances are your question has been answered, always search before asking! Don't create a new topic asking for help with this timer, post here!
  • Google Drive link of maps (seems defunct as of 2023)
  • Convert your database structure to be full utf8 or utf8mb4 (recommended). By default some database tables are of different collations, which will cause some hefty queries to not use indexes (SLOW). Informative post about this
  • Use MySQL instead of SQLite. I cannot stress this enough!
  • If you are trying to use this timer for minigames course maps, it may break necessary entities. See this possible solution. I'd recommend removing this entirely for every server, as this may break other maps, and should be handled using Stripper on a case by case basis.

Edit:
I DO NOT PROVIDE SUPPORT FOR THIS, PLEASE STOP ADDING/MESSAGING ME ABOUT THIS PLUGIN

Last edited by sneaK; 07-13-2023 at 10:18. Reason: 2023 update
Zeddy_god
Old 09-07-2017 , 15:53   Re: [CS:GO] ckSurf (1.18f, 24.11.2015)
Reply With Quote #2692

Not getting 750 points every time a new map is completed [record]. Sometimes you get 400-420, sometimes 15. Any fixes to this? It's very random and weird.
Old 09-07-2017 , 16:30   Re: [CS:GO] ckSurf (1.18f, 24.11.2015)
Reply With Quote #2693

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeddy_god View Post
Not getting 750 points every time a new map is completed [record]. Sometimes you get 400-420, sometimes 15. Any fixes to this? It's very random and weird.
Perhaps someone has beaten one of your times on another map, you have lost points, and your profile hasn't been refreshed, leading you to earn "less" points (when realistically you're earning the right amount, the difference is from what you lost, then what you gained).

Also, make sure the map you're completing is on the mapcycle properly!
Old 09-08-2017 , 05:21   Re: [CS:GO] ckSurf (1.18f, 24.11.2015)
Reply With Quote #2694

Yeah I know that system, but I've just opened a new server. When player completes map for first time [Setting a world record], you some times get 400 points.
When the second player beats the map, he only gets 15 points [And not howmuch 2nd place must get!]
Please let me know if anyones faced a similar situation.
Old 09-08-2017 , 14:55   Re: [CS:GO] ckSurf (1.18f, 24.11.2015)
Reply With Quote #2695

How to delete bonus times? sm_resetplayermaptime (steamid) (map) doesnt work :/
fluffys
Old 10-04-2017 , 15:51   Re: [CS:GO] ckSurf (1.18f, 24.11.2015)
Reply With Quote #2696

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffys View Post
I've made a fork of ckSurf as a way to learn SourcePawn, someone is threatening to leak it so just going to paste it here, wouldn't recommend using it unless you're making a brand new server and not using an existing database. https://github.com/fluffyst/Surftimer
If anyone is interested, I have updated the fork to my latest version and will continue to maintain it.
Changelog
Cruze
Veteran Member
Old 10-04-2017 , 16:58   Re: [CS:GO] ckSurf (1.18f, 24.11.2015)
Reply With Quote #2697

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffys View Post
If anyone is interested, I have updated the fork to my latest version and will continue to maintain it.
Changelog
Great Job man!
Old 10-06-2017 , 08:54   Re: [CS:GO] ckSurf (1.18f, 24.11.2015)
Reply With Quote #2698

hey guys, how can i reset all ranks, timer and stages.. etc.. I want to delete everything on the server without zones..
fluffys
Old 10-06-2017 , 15:14   Re: [CS:GO] ckSurf (1.18f, 24.11.2015)
Reply With Quote #2699

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpyku View Post
hey guys, how can i reset all ranks, timer and stages.. etc.. I want to delete everything on the server without zones..
Just delete all tables except your ck_zones table
mlov420
Old 10-07-2017 , 10:49   Re: [CS:GO] ckSurf (1.18f, 24.11.2015)
Reply With Quote #2700

It's so nice that you're taking the time to update this and make quality changes....but why do unnecessary things like hard coding skillgroups with ridiculous names but still leaving the flatfile and adding things to existing database tables that make it difficult to merge existing DBs to this updated fork?

I know that this was designed for your community, and no one is required to use it, but if you're spending all this time to make changes and then releasing it to the public, why not make it as simple and customizable as possible, especially when it comes to already existing features that have no current issues, when there are SO MANY issues with ckSurf that actually could use the kinda effort you've put in.

Thank you for all your hard work. I'm sorry if this came off the wrong way, I'm not trying to be a dick, I'm just genuinely curious why you would put all this effort in to actually make certain things more difficult when they never had issues to begin with.