Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

L4D2 - L4D1 Survivors mourn fix (UPDATED 10-12-2020)

Post New Thread Reply   

Machine
Old 02-27-2015 , 19:55   Re: L4D2 - L4D1 Survivors mourn fix
Reply With Quote #11

Whats happening is iDeathBody is finding a death body on one map, and since you never reset it back to 0 it's looking at whatever index iDeathBody is the next map or round. In his case its 'logic_choreographed_scene'

Just make your variables reset on a round start. That should fix it.
DeathChaos25
Old 02-27-2015 , 20:20   Re: L4D2 - L4D1 Survivors mourn fix
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machine View Post
Just make your variables reset on a round start. That should fix it.
Got it, I'll also update this on Fake Zoey as it also uses this bit of code.

I'm just surprised it took this long for someone to notice that.
Old 03-01-2015 , 16:01   Re: L4D2 - L4D1 Survivors mourn fix
Reply With Quote #13

Updated the plugin, should no longer error out and now you can mourn survivors even if they ragdoll (controlled via a new cvar)

The funny thing is, when you enable this plugin's ragdoll fix (it spawns an invisible static death model if the person ragdolls) and you have the 8+ player defib fix, THESE DEATH MODELS ACTUALLY FUNCTION CORRECTLY AND REVIVE THE CORRECT PERSON IF YOU USE A DEFIB ON THEM MOST OF THE TIME

That's pretty weird because I make them generic and just assign a model, I don't really attach them to anybody, maybe it's because of the models themselves? idk

Last edited by DeathChaos25; 03-01-2015 at 16:02.
Sev
Veteran Member
Old 03-01-2015 , 17:33   Re: L4D2 - L4D1 Survivors mourn fix
Reply With Quote #14

Yippy Kiyay
DeathChaos25
Old 03-01-2015 , 18:12   Re: L4D2 - L4D1 Survivors mourn fix
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sev View Post
Yippy Kiyay
Let me know if you experience any issues with the ragdoll fix, although it should work fine, I tested it for a little while and found that the fix pretty much always worked, but you never know
Old 03-01-2015 , 18:14   Re: L4D2 - L4D1 Survivors mourn fix
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathChaos25 View Post
Let me know if you experience any issues with the ragdoll fix, although it should work fine, I tested it for a little while and found that the fix pretty much always worked, but you never know
I'll keep an eye on it.
Sev
Veteran Member
Old 03-03-2015 , 12:39   Re: L4D2 - L4D1 Survivors mourn fix
Reply With Quote #17

Haven't actively seen this error in my coop servers, but I did see this once in my vs server.

PHP Code:
L 03/03/2015 04:35:07Info (map "c1m1_hotel") (file "errors_20150303.log")
L 03/03/2015 04:35:07: [SMNative "GetEntPropVector" reportedProperty "m_vecOrigin" not found (entity 202/instanced_scripted_scene)
L 03/03/2015 04:35:07: [SMDisplaying call stack trace for plugin "L4D2 Survivor Mourn Fix.smx":
L 03/03/2015 04:35:07: [SM]   [0]  Line 157C:\L4D2DS\left4dead2\addons\sourcemod\scripting\L4D2 Survivor Mourn Fix.sp::TimerUpdate()
L 03/03/2015 04:35:08: [SMNative "GetEntPropVector" reportedProperty "m_vecOrigin" not found (entity 202/instanced_scripted_scene)
L 03/03/2015 04:35:08: [SMDisplaying call stack trace for plugin "L4D2 Survivor Mourn Fix.smx":
L 03/03/2015 04:35:08: [SM]   [0]  Line 157C:\L4D2DS\left4dead2\addons\sourcemod\scripting\L4D2 Survivor Mourn Fix.sp::TimerUpdate() 
EDIT.

1. I'm assuming/guessing the ragdolls fix is probably part of that error above, as I haven't been able to get it working with the ragdolls fix enabled and I've checked to make sure its 1.

Ive tried...

1. Slaying the bots
2. Killing them myself
3. Allowing Infected to kill them

In all scenarios, after ragdolling, I would walk around and stop to hear nothing in terms of mourns.

2. I feel like the mourns are pretty sensitive in terms of the static death bodies. Like you have to be right on top of them and then they will work. I feel like normally, they play pretty fast under vanilla, non csm circumstances. I'm guessing that's just the way the plugin has to be to track the bodies or perhaps you could find a way to make the mourns less sensitive to the body position, just guess work really.

Either way. It appears they seem to work with the static bodies with being a bit sensitive, but the ragdolls fix doesn't seem to work. At least it hasn't yet for me.

Last edited by Sev; 03-03-2015 at 14:19.
DeathChaos25
Old 03-03-2015 , 16:57   Re: L4D2 - L4D1 Survivors mourn fix
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sev View Post
Haven't actively seen this error in my coop servers, but I did see this once in my vs server.

Spoiler
EDIT.

1. I'm assuming/guessing the ragdolls fix is probably part of that error above, as I haven't been able to get it working with the ragdolls fix enabled and I've checked to make sure its 1.

Ive tried...

1. Slaying the bots
2. Killing them myself
3. Allowing Infected to kill them

In all scenarios, after ragdolling, I would walk around and stop to hear nothing in terms of mourns.

2. I feel like the mourns are pretty sensitive in terms of the static death bodies. Like you have to be right on top of them and then they will work. I feel like normally, they play pretty fast under vanilla, non csm circumstances. I'm guessing that's just the way the plugin has to be to track the bodies or perhaps you could find a way to make the mourns less sensitive to the body position, just guess work really.

Either way. It appears they seem to work with the static bodies with being a bit sensitive, but the ragdolls fix doesn't seem to work. At least it hasn't yet for me.
That error is one persistent little bugger, it should've been fixed with the variable reset, I'll have a look at it.

Yes, the plugin is kind of picky as to whether or not it will initiate the mourns, but that is because I used the IsActorBusy bool form scene processor, otherwise we'd have the glitch that occurs in a vanilla talker where if we have clones the mourn initiates infinitely over and over.

The ragdoll fix should be working 100% as I tested it before posting the plugin(although I had death anims restore enabled), I'll test it again a few times and see what happens.

With the ragdoll fix enabled, give yourself a defib via console and kill someone so they ragdoll, with the defib out you should see the silloutte of an invisible death model, like so,
Spoiler

I'll try testing without death anims and see how it goes.

Edit : For some God knows why strange reason, the ragdoll fix ONLY works with the death anims plugin enbaled, I disabled it and it's not working, which is strange because the fix is on this plugin only, I think I know why and I'll try to come up with a quick fix.

Edit 2 : Updated the first post, this time I am 100000% Positive the ragdoll fix should be 100% working right now, tested it with just Mr.Zero's restore ragdolls plugin and it worked, there should be no issues now, I also tried to tackle the error, hopefully fixed now.

Also, for those curious, with the ragdoll fix, if you also happen to have the 8+ player defib fix extension, YOU CAN DEFIB PLAYERS EVEN IF THEY RAGDOLL

This is an unintended side effect, but it's actually quite the convenient one.

Edit #3 (Damn that's a lot xD) : The new ragdoll fix works perfectly, but not with Death anims, but this is easy as all I have to do is just input the old fix onto that plugin, ez pz

Last edited by DeathChaos25; 03-03-2015 at 18:59.
Sev
Veteran Member
Old 03-03-2015 , 21:42   Re: L4D2 - L4D1 Survivors mourn fix
Reply With Quote #19

Alrighty then.

I'll have a look see.
Sev
Veteran Member
Old 03-12-2015 , 17:45   Re: L4D2 - L4D1 Survivors mourn fix
Reply With Quote #20

I'm not sure if Nick mourns Zoey, but I don't think Coach does. I think all the male L4D2 survivors mourn the male L4D1 survivors though, could be wrong.

Maybe when you get around to it, you can add some more cross mourns that aren't in the modified talker. Obviously Rochelle can't mourn Zoey.

Last edited by Sev; 03-12-2015 at 17:45.