2.1.3B
Plugin Category:
Gameplay
Plugin Game:
Left 4 Dead
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
    Regulates and randomizes special spawns.
    Old 11-05-2010 , 01:18   [L4D, L4D2] Special Spawn Regulator
    Reply With Quote #1

This plugin randomizes and regulates special infected spawns according to the timer values set. It supports any number of players, including less or more than four. It runs in coop and realism modes.

The spawn timers are randomized according to minimum and maximum values. The number and type of specials allowed to spawn is also randomized with an optional chance of zero. The maximum number of total specials is limited according to how many survivors are alive.

Example: If three survivors are alive, no more than three specials can spawn simultaneously during any period. Sometimes only one special will be allowed to spawn, sometimes two, sometimes three, (and if the lucky break is enabled, sometimes none). Combinations could include (but would not be limited to) something like two hunters, or one smoker, or a charger and a jockey and a hunter.

The option to favor or force the original three L4D specials (boomers, hunters and smokers) is included. It favors by default, meaning that they have a better chance of spawning.

This does not yet include an option to force the spawning of allowed specials; the director still has control over some aspects of what specials will and will not spawn during the time in which they are allowed. So even though four specials might be allowed to spawn in one period, they might not (and probably won't) all do so.

Cvars
    specialregulator_announce, 0 Announce special spawn activity? 0:no, 1:yes
    specialregulator_delay 60, Time until the first specials are allowed to spawn
    specialregulator_duration 20, Time during which specials are allowed to spawn
    specialregulator_interval_min 30, Minimum time between special spawns
    specialregulator_interval_max 60, Maximum time between special spawns
    specialregulator_lucky 0, Enable lucky break? Special spawns randomizer will be given a chance for zero. 0: no, 1: yes
    specialregulator_l4d_favor 1, Favor L4D specials? Boomers, smokers, and hunters will spawn more often. 0: no, 1: yes, 2: force only l4d specials

Recommended additional plugins
    Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (l4d_2_specialregulator.sp - 3497 views - 10.1 KB)

Last edited by chinagreenelvis; 05-31-2016 at 04:49.
    corsi
    Old 11-05-2010 , 01:36   Re: [L4D] & [L4D2] Special Spawn Regulator
    Reply With Quote #2

to reduce the number of specials? i dont think is a good idea!!! or maybe i dont understand the idea behind this!!!
    Jоnny
    Old 11-05-2010 , 08:33   Re: [L4D] & [L4D2] Special Spawn Regulator
    Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
    Originally Posted by corsi View Post
    i dont think is a good idea!!! or maybe i dont understand the idea behind this!!!
    same shit
    chinagreenelvis
    Old 11-05-2010 , 08:43   Re: [L4D] & [L4D2] Special Spawn Regulator
    Reply With Quote #4

There are too many special zombies in the game for my taste. I prefer to increase the number of commons and reduce the specials so that they only come out once every so often.

Every time I start a game in L4D2, special infecteds come crawling out of the woodwork almost immediately, one after another, and they almost never slow down. This makes them a little more "special."
    D1maxa
    Old 11-08-2010 , 00:55   Re: [L4D] & [L4D2] Special Spawn Regulator
    Reply With Quote #5

Do u talk about versus?
    dirka_dirka
    Veteran Member
    Old 11-08-2010 , 01:37   Re: [L4D] & [L4D2] Special Spawn Regulator
    Reply With Quote #6

hes talking about coop, you could just as easily use this to increase the spawn rate.
    marlou
    Old 11-08-2010 , 07:48   Re: [L4D] & [L4D2] Special Spawn Regulator
    Reply With Quote #7

hi guys

wth why decrease lol ?? specials infected are inexistant in simple server so.. i can't understand ..
    chinagreenelvis
    Old 11-08-2010 , 13:19   Re: [L4D] & [L4D2] Special Spawn Regulator
    Reply With Quote #8

Dirka, this actually wouldn't do that, unfortunately. This merely toggles director_no_specials at certain intervals. Leaving it at zero would simply be the game's default. You'd have to adjust the aforementioned cvars in order to increase the special spawns, but I don't think they work in L4D2. I'm not really sure if they ever worked in L4D, actually.

Marlou, not sure what you mean by "simple server," but special infecteds are part of the game no matter what mode you play.

D1maxa, this plugin disables itself in versus mode.
    chinagreenelvis
    Old 11-23-2010 , 22:32   Re: [L4D, L4D2] Special Spawn Regulator
    Reply With Quote #9

Update 1.2 - Removed dependence upon the qcvar plugin, fixed a problem where the timers weren't being stopped on round_end, and updated the way in which the timers repeat.
    Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (l4d_2_specialregulator.sp - 1737 views - 3.7 KB)
    MIB
    Old 11-24-2010 , 10:55   Re: [L4D, L4D2] Special Spawn Regulator
    Reply With Quote #10

good plugin!