Registration System 1.3 2019 - Fvault

Post New Thread Reply   

YamiKaitou
Has a lovely bunch of coconuts
Old 12-29-2014 , 08:44   Re: Registration System
Reply With Quote #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biel oGrande View Post
Nick is sacred in my opinion, everyone should have a fixed and protected with password.
Why should a nick be protected by a password when you can protect it by SteamID and have everything automated?

I do not browse the forums regularly anymore. If you need me for anything (asking questions or anything else), then PM me (be descriptive in your PM, message containing only a link to a thread will be ignored).
Biel oGrande
Old 12-29-2014 , 09:18   Re: Registration System
Reply With Quote #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamiKaitou View Post
Why should a nick be protected by a password when you can protect it by SteamID and have everything automated?
If for some reason you have to use a new SteamID, Nick registered with old SteamID will is lost.

Last edited by Biel oGrande; 12-29-2014 at 09:19.
YamiKaitou
Old 12-29-2014 , 09:23   Re: Registration System
Reply With Quote #23

Quote:
If for some reason you have to use a new SteamID, Nick registered with old SteamID will is lost.
So then don't forget your Steam password....

I do not browse the forums regularly anymore. If you need me for anything (asking questions or anything else), then PM me (be descriptive in your PM, message containing only a link to a thread will be ignored).
Biel oGrande
Old 12-29-2014 , 09:40   Re: Registration System
Reply With Quote #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamiKaitou View Post
So then don't forget your Steam password....
Using a password you enter another SteamID.

Example: You may have protection in your SteamID and can not access it on your friend's house, you can enter using the SteamID of his friend but with his Nick and your password

I prefer a password and you SteamID, we will never enter into an agreement.

Last edited by Biel oGrande; 12-29-2014 at 09:42.
YamiKaitou
Old 12-29-2014 , 09:46   Re: Registration System
Reply With Quote #25

Quote:
Using a password you enter another SteamID.

Example: You may have protection in your SteamID and can not access it on your friend's house, you can enter using the SteamID of his friend but with his Nick and your password
You can log into your Steam Account from any PC. If you are talking about SteamGuard, you only need access to your Email Account to authorize access. Sorry, but like everyone else, I don't see a reason to protect Names with a password.

Mordekay
Squirrel of Fortune
Old 12-29-2014 , 11:36   Re: Registration System
Reply With Quote #26

Not completely on topic: you (the developers) should considder removing that pw-crap from amxx. That would reduce the number of possible missusage of amxx on no-steam servers.

HamletEagle
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 12-29-2014 , 13:06   Re: Registration System
Reply With Quote #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordekay View Post
Not completely on topic: you (the developers) should considder removing that pw-crap from amxx. That would reduce the number of possible missusage of amxx on no-steam servers.
Then peoples will be using old versions only.
Old 12-29-2014 , 14:03   Re: Registration System
Reply With Quote #28

And what do we say? "We only support the latest version of amxx."

HamletEagle
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 12-29-2014 , 14:21   Re: Registration System
Reply With Quote #29

Then we won't have peoples to support or they can just fake the output of the command and keep their servers off-line while asking for help here due to some "host errors".
Old 12-29-2014 , 17:14   Re: Registration System
Reply With Quote #30

It's sad how these days people are worried about if a plugin can be used in a nonsteam server or not. AM has gone from people who cared more about open source and didn't support nonsteam only due to it's nature and the fact that it breaks copyright laws, to assholes who think they look good when they call everyone a nonsteamer and claim every plugin that could also be used in nonsteam servers as a plugin meant for nonsteam servers and in general questioning the intent of everyone as if they're guilty until proven innocent.

The matter of fact is, this plugin can be used for many reasons, from enabling people to use their friends accounts and protecting their name regardless of the account they use, to giving the possibility to allow people to share stats based on name alone. For example a clan could all use the name "Clan Name" and rank up their clan as they share the password. That could be used for events, say highest ranked clan wins something. That might seem pointless to some, but so are most of HamletEagle's plugins, yet I don't see him complaining there.