Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

FF2 MeeMFromHH's Bosses Part 3 [Endgame - A Pair of Robots]

Post New Thread Reply   

MeeMFromHH
Old 05-03-2018 , 23:14   MeeMFromHH's Bosses Part 3 [Endgame - A Pair of Robots]
Reply With Quote #1

After the success of Killing Mann in my last page (thanks to M7 and Waails), now I am continuing boss development, and soon to be learning some coding myself, but for now, have some more bosses.

Boss #1: Greed
Spoiler

Boss #2: Baron Medi-Mage
Spoiler

Boss #3: Double
Spoiler

Boss #4: The Dragonborn
Spoiler

Boss #5: Pop Team Epic Duo (Popuko and Pipimi)
Spoiler

Boss #6: B4R0N M.E.D.I-BOT
Spoiler

Boss #7: Ryuk
Spoiler

Boss #8: Miley Durant
Spoiler

Boss #9: The Siberian Wizard
Spoiler

Boss #10: Waails MK II
Spoiler

Boss #11: Codename: Beard Alpha
Spoiler

Final Boss: Codename: Beard Alpha & Waails MK II Duo
Spoiler

Pages for my previous bosses:

Part 1: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=273536
Part 2: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=297007

No more bosses to come.

Last edited by MeeMFromHH; 11-01-2023 at 20:25.
MeeMFromHH
Old 05-12-2018 , 16:54   Re: MeeMFromHH's Bosses Part 3 [NEW BOSS - Baron Medi-Mage]
Reply With Quote #2

Updated list: Added a new boss - Baron Medi-Mage
MeeMFromHH
Old 05-14-2018 , 13:24   Re: MeeMFromHH's Bosses Part 3 [NEW BOSS - Double]
Reply With Quote #3

Updated list: Added a new boss - Double

On a related note, Baron Medi-Mage's download link has been temporarily removed due to some mistakes that made bugs pop up. Link will return when everything's fixed.
MeeMFromHH
Old 05-19-2018 , 22:07   Re: MeeMFromHH's Bosses Part 3 [NEW BOSS - Double]
Reply With Quote #4

I've been getting busier recently.
I'm staff in 4 different servers (discord included), so I have to handle everything along with other staff.
And also, I've recently been hired as a Freak Fortress 2 boss maker by the Dapper Stars community, which means I'll have to keep working on bosses for their server.
This means, I am very busy now, and won't be able to work on my stuff as much as I used to. This page will mostly be inactive for a long time, as I'll barely work on MY bosses now. Sometimes I may upload a new boss, but it'll be rare now.
MeeMFromHH
Old 06-01-2018 , 19:12   Re: MeeMFromHH's Bosses Part 3 [Baron Medi-Mage Fix]
Reply With Quote #5

Baron Medi-Mage's been fixed from his previous bugs, and also modified a little.
He used to have AMS for selecting spells that he could cast, but that caused a few problems, so now instead, he uses a spell ability that can be used with the Middle Mouse button (similar to Killing Mann).
Other than these bug fixes and ability changes, he remains the same. Download link has returned.
epicwindow
Old 06-08-2018 , 09:52   Re: MeeMFromHH's Bosses Part 3 [Baron Medi-Mage Fix]
Reply With Quote #6

Usually,when i see a boss with a custom plugin,it excites me to see the infinite possibilities that this new plugin and create.Unforunately that is not that case with double,thus i am here to give feedback to make double better.

disguise:
there is a reason why normal spy in tf2 have cloak besides with their disguise kit,spy check is very common in tf2 and its the same for ff2,for it to be effective you would need something else to help the boss like cloaking or a distraction

Skill steal:
it is a good idea,however it was executed horribly and i will explain for the classes that is done wrong

soldier:
grants the boss 1 homing flaming skeleton like ghost rider that only does 100 dmg and is pretty slow,luckily,the plugin maker thought wisely and allowed people to change the damage and more skull get

pyro:
grants the boss the power to light enemy on fire for X hits,usually,a boss will one shot most classes anyway,however double have a 50% damage penalty in attempt to allow niche stuff like this to be viable,and i have to say it backfired horribly and made the boss very weak

demo:
unfortunately the plugin maker did not allow the charge speed to be customize-able,and the result is the boss charging at the speed of snail that also kills anyone who touches him,which are probably only 13 years old kids.

heavy+sniper:
same issue as pyro

eng:
doesn't give the boss enough metal to build a sentry

medic:
simply regains 10% hp and does nothing changing to gameplay

Rages are the only tool noob bosses can rely on to get people killed,so think carefully about your rages to make sure they can get people dead,if thinking about that is too hard,then simply add a simple 5 seconds stun as a skill and the problem will be easily solved

usually i will just be lazy,but it is truly a shame that the effort of the plugin maker and voice actor went to waste,so i really hope the boss maker will accept the feedbacks and make the boss better,i am sure i would be going to hell after i die if i recommend this boss to any other server operator at this moment

perhaps this is also a warning by the gods to tell us that just because the boss have a unique ability from a plugin does not automatically makes the boss good

Last edited by epicwindow; 06-21-2018 at 03:31.
epicwindow
Old 06-08-2018 , 09:54   Re: MeeMFromHH's Bosses Part 3 [Baron Medi-Mage Fix]
Reply With Quote #7

oh and this meme is for baron medi mage getting the only thing he is unique of removed

Last edited by epicwindow; 06-08-2018 at 09:55.
MeeMFromHH
Old 06-08-2018 , 21:18   Re: MeeMFromHH's Bosses Part 3 [Baron Medi-Mage Fix]
Reply With Quote #8

I will rework Double in the future to make the Skill Steal not suck.

The disguise rage is supposed to be part of the boss' personality and it's what they work with. I'll at least reduce the rage cost. If people spycheck, good for them. If they don't, too bad.

Unfortunately, there's nothing I can do about the demo charge.

But I'll definitely rework the boss in the future to make it playable.

And about Medi-Mage, I think I know a way to implement his AMS stuff back in, and I'll probably try that, but you'll have to wait, because I've been really busy.

And one more thing: Try to be less toxic. "i am sure i would be going to hell after i die if i recommend this boss to any other server operator at this moment". Really? I know you're just giving your feedback, but really? Did you have to type that? That's just toxic, bro. Don't do that.
epicwindow
Old 06-09-2018 , 02:49   Re: MeeMFromHH's Bosses Part 3 [Baron Medi-Mage Fix]
Reply With Quote #9

i am simply neither toxic nor salty,i am just giving my honest opinion because its the truth that the boss is unplayable at this moment

i really hope that you will be able to rework the boss asap so i would be able to recommend it to other people without betraying my real thoughts

Last edited by epicwindow; 06-09-2018 at 03:14.
doroemon
Old 06-09-2018 , 09:24   Re: MeeMFromHH's Bosses Part 3 [Baron Medi-Mage Fix]
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by epicwindow View Post
i am simply neither toxic nor salty,i am just giving my honest opinion because its the truth that the boss is unplayable at this moment

i really hope that you will be able to rework the boss asap so i would be able to recommend it to other people without betraying my real thoughts
Why you need to recommend other server operator to add the boss when you are the server operator(

When I like the Boss,I will download and install it in my Server,

that's it , just I like the boss and didn't need anyone to recommend it

Last edited by doroemon; 06-09-2018 at 09:26.