12% 

[NMRiH] health_and_stamina_disp v1.1.2

Post New Thread Reply   

Dayonn_dayonn
Old 08-31-2020 , 21:27   [NMRiH] health_and_stamina_disp v1.1.4
Reply With Quote #11

I updated health_and_stamina_disp.

[change]
- Fixed a problem that is display health forever if the player crouch down once.
- Fixed a problem that output a lot of errors if anything plugin removed the weapon from the map.
- Fixed a problem that output a lot of errors if a client disconnect immediately after the client attacked anything.
- In addition, fixed other problem that output errors if the acquired value is abnormal.

Special thanks to Lord Stranker, yomox9, misosiruGT and overmase for help with verification.
Attached Files
File Type: zip health_and_stamina_disp v1.1.4.zip (20.6 KB, 100 views)

Last edited by Dayonn_dayonn; 09-01-2020 at 05:21.
GEEEX221
Old 10-08-2020 , 04:25   Re: [NMRiH] health_and_stamina_disp v1.1.2
Reply With Quote #12

Nice plugin, very interesting functionality.
But I cannot change the key to which my health and endurance state will be displayed. Can I make them permanently displayed?
Dayonn_dayonn
Old 10-08-2020 , 07:24   Re: [NMRiH] health_and_stamina_disp v1.1.2
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEEEX221 View Post
But I cannot change the key to which my health and endurance state will be displayed.
Sorry, it is bug. I will fix it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEEEX221 View Post
Can I make them permanently displayed?
It is possible to make a permanent display, but I didn't dare to do so.
I answered the same question from Lord Stranker on 08-27-20 00:17.
Please download and play nmo_galleria_v13.It is fun.
Dayonn_dayonn
Old 10-08-2020 , 08:43   [NMRiH] health_and_stamina_disp v1.1.5
Reply With Quote #14

I updated health_and_stamina_disp.

[change]
- Fixed a problem that any players' key bindings were not processed when the key binding is set in the config file.

Thanks to GEEEX221 for finding the bug.
Attached Files
File Type: zip health_and_stamina_disp v1.1.5.zip (20.9 KB, 114 views)
GEEEX221
Old 10-08-2020 , 09:27   Re: [NMRiH] health_and_stamina_disp v1.1.2
Reply With Quote #15

Thx very much, mate, for fix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayonn_dayonn View Post
It is possible to make a permanent display
Can you make such an opportunity? I think it would be extremely convenient so that you constantly see your health and stamina indicators.

Quote:
I answered the same question from Lord Stranker on 08-27-20 00:17.
Please download and play nmo_galleria_v13.It is fun.
You probably misunderstood me. Lord asked for the change in the position of the indicators.
And, I don't understand a little - why install this map?

Last edited by GEEEX221; 10-08-2020 at 09:28.
Dayonn_dayonn
Old 10-08-2020 , 19:12   Re: [NMRiH] health_and_stamina_disp v1.1.2
Reply With Quote #16

That's right, I think it's very useful.
However, this "text on screen" feature is not just a plugin-only feature; it's a feature that can be used in map creation as well.
Some maps make use of this feature to display text that are essential to the progress of the game. (e.g. a 4-digit password, or in nmo_galleria_v13 the money you have).
There is a limit to how many of this features can be displayed on the screen. Since my plugin displays a large number of them on the screen, it interferes with other displays and hides other texts.
This makes you do not understand the messages needed to progress in the game (like the 4-digit password, possessions, etc.) and hinders play.
To get around this problem, I haven't implemented always-on display.
I answered this on 08-27-20 00:17.

To experience this issue in action, try playing nmo_galleria_v13. You'll figure it out in no time. Also, nmo_galleria_v13 is a very interesting map. The author of the map is amazing.
GEEEX221
Old 10-09-2020 , 04:00   Re: [NMRiH] health_and_stamina_disp v1.1.2
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
That's right, I think it's very useful.
This makes you do not understand the messages needed to progress in the game (like the 4-digit password, possessions, etc.) and hinders play.
Well, now I understand why you made the plugin exactly like that.
But, I have one more question - is it possible to add a command to switch the display mode? Well, as a very crude example:

sm_hasp 0/1 - Display or not player status.

I suppose that this can be just the same solution for solving both problems - and the player can simply turn on the displays, and then, when he completes the task, easily turn off the status display, so as not to break the logic of the map.

Quote:
To experience this issue in action, try playing nmo_galleria_v13. You'll figure it out in no time. Also, nmo_galleria_v13 is a very interesting map. The author of the map is amazing.
I remembered this map. Interesting experience for this game, well. Until (and if) the plug-in is not updated (well, suddenly it will not be possible to implement constant switching), I will check the work of the plug-in on this map.
Dayonn_dayonn
Old 10-09-2020 , 05:49   Re: [NMRiH] health_and_stamina_disp v1.1.2
Reply With Quote #18

It is possible to add commands to enable/disable the functionality of this plugin. However, I don't think that approach will solve the problem.

Adding this command is functionally the same as toggling always-on/always-off by command. In the end, the problem is caused by forgetting to deactivate the feature.
It will also have problems if the game is played by a newbie who doesn't know that command.

Another option is to turn the feature off only for certain maps. (For example, put the name of the map in the config file and disable the plugin if it's that map.)
However, in my opinion, It's enough to know when player want to know it.
It's useful, but I don't think it's necessary to be always-on display.

If you have a solution that can be adapted to accommodate a newbie to NMRiH (who doesn't read motd very well), I'd be happy to adopt it.
Or, you can modify this plugin to your liking. I don't mind.
GEEEX221
Old 10-09-2020 , 07:57   Re: [NMRiH] health_and_stamina_disp v1.1.2
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
If you have a solution that can be adapted to accommodate a newbie to NMRiH (who doesn't read motd very well), I'd be happy to adopt it.
Or, you can modify this plugin to your liking. I don't mind.
To be honest, I am a complete zero at creating plugins - simply because I never created one XD. The maximum I can do is go into the plugin files, and, if possible, change something for me. Therefore, I cannot give you a solution to the problem ... I just wanted you to add this function. And as I understand it, I myself cannot do such a function (permanently on / off status) by simple editing.
I can't say anything about the newbies, because I have a local server where I play alone / conduct game tests.
Dayonn_dayonn
Old 10-09-2020 , 09:44   Re: [NMRiH] health_and_stamina_disp v1.1.2
Reply With Quote #20

I can't modify the plugin to suit just you, as I need to consider all users. However, I can suggest steps for you to take to modify the plugin.
Try to do the following. Your health and stamina will be displayed at all times.

1. Open the file health_and_stamina_disp.sp in a text editor. You can use any text editor. You can use Notepad.

2. look for line 322 and line 351. You see the same text as follow.
Code:
bIs_Print_Health_Swich[client] = false;
3. rewrite from "false" to "true." It's both line 322 and line 351.
Code:
bIs_Print_Health_Swich[client] = true;
4. Save the file. Leave the extension .sp.

5. Copy the saved file to follow folder.
..\nmrih\nmrih\addons\sourcemod\scripting

6. drag the copied file to the spcomp.exe file in the same folder, overlap it and release your finger.

7. health_and_stamina_disp.smx should be generated in this folder.
Move this .smx file to follow folder.
..\nmrih\nmrih\addons\sourcemod\plugins

8. The .sp file you copied in item 5 is no longer needed. You can delete it or store it somewhere else.

9. enjoy it.

Last edited by Dayonn_dayonn; 10-09-2020 at 09:50.