Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

VSH VSH, old thread (v1.42) - Information/etc.

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

OrphanShadow
Old 10-15-2011 , 14:01   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

Testing it on my server as we speak. Im relying on some others for bug testing as im away right now.

Initial verdict seems to be that its okay though (fingers crossed).
Sorrowfire
Old 10-15-2011 , 14:04   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrowfire View Post
The Short Circuit does work but i assume he removed the sun from it because it was quite easy to stick hale in a stun-loop if you had two dispensers near you. And it could become very cheap depending on how it was used. Personally i think there should be a cvar to turn it on/off, because i never had problems with it before. Truthfully, it was a buff that the engineers needed.
Scratch that, he made it a Cvar (I actually looked through the source :\ lazy me... Lol)

Code:
cvarCircuitStun = CreateConVar("hale_circuit_stun", "0", "0 to disable Short Circuit stun, >0 to make it stun Hale for x seconds", FCVAR_PLUGIN, true, 0.0);
So, change hale_circuit_stun 2 should be the normal, i think...
Old 10-15-2011 , 14:40   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

Quote:
Scratch that, he made it a Cvar (I actually looked through the source :\ lazy me... Lol)

Code:
cvarCircuitStun = CreateConVar("hale_circuit_stun", "0", "0 to disable Short Circuit stun, >0 to make it stun Hale for x seconds", FCVAR_PLUGIN, true, 0.0);
So, change hale_circuit_stun 2 should be the normal, i think...
Dont work.... you think we dont tried it ?!
Inexistent
Old 10-15-2011 , 14:55   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

Quote:
The Short Circuit does work but i assume he removed the sun from it because it was quite easy to stick hale in a stun-loop if you had two dispensers near you. And it could become very cheap depending on how it was used. Personally i think there should be a cvar to turn it on/off, because i never had problems with it before. Truthfully, it was a buff that the engineers needed.
He added a cvar. that's what doesn't work
MrDuskling
Old 10-15-2011 , 17:57   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

Does anybody know where I would go to get some reserve slots working on my server? The built in mani reserve slots don't work. the sourcemod slots work but if I put 8 reserve slots, only 12 players can join, but the server is for 20 players. I have set the reserve type to make it so that all the slots can be joined, but It doesn't seem to work.

Where is a good reserve slot plugin?
DTX
Old 10-15-2011 , 19:41   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

I'm testing the 1.37 BETA2 version in my server right now. A few users reported a error in HL2.EXE sometimes when another user became Saxton.

Also, i'm not sure if this has anything to do with Saxton Hale but i'll report in any case: 12 users... kicked at the same time by a "No Steam Logon" error, apparently randomly.

Map: arena_badlands
Saxton Version: 1.37BETA2

(sorry for my english...)

Last edited by DTX; 10-15-2011 at 19:43.
FlaminSarge
Veteran Member
Old 10-15-2011 , 20:41   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaminSarge View Post
Instructions:
Back up your current tf/cfg/sourcemod/SaxtonHale.cfg file, then delete it. Change the map/reload the plugin (to update it), then insert your old values into the automatically created new SaxtonHale.cfg file.

New cvar: hale_circuit_stun (default 0): Amount of time to stun hale on hit with the Short Circuit.
Sounds like somebody hasn't done this, hence hale_circuit_stun doesn't get set correctly.

DTX: That's a known tf2 crash (for anything, not just VSH) that's being worked on.

Duskling: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=93053, READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS.

No idea what's up with japitza's server.

EDIT: And once I reload the plugin, the circuit craps out on me. Found it, fixed it.
BETA333333333333333333333333333333333333
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (saxtonhale.sp - 106 views - 161.1 KB)
File Type: smx saxtonhale.smx (74.1 KB, 141 views)

All plugins: Randomizer/GiveWeapon, ModelManager, etc.
Post in plugin threads with questions.
Steam is for playing games.
You will be fed to javalia otherwise.
Psyduck likes replays.

Last edited by FlaminSarge; 10-15-2011 at 21:24.
DTX
Old 10-15-2011 , 21:25   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaminSarge View Post
DTX: That's a known tf2 crash (for anything, not just VSH) that's being worked on.
Thanks for the answer Flamin! But my server just crashed in the middle of a Saxton round. Same version from before but the map was Oilrig. Happened right after another massive kick, apparently randomly.

I guess i'll just wait for the final and stable version. Let me know if you want me to test something else.

One more time, thanks for the answer!
BBG_Theory
Veteran Member
Old 10-15-2011 , 23:39   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

ill start testing beta3 as soon as I can catch my server not full. Had 1 random server crash in last 24 hours - otherwise, been doing well
Inexistent
Old 10-16-2011 , 00:09   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

Found a bug with the hp. Happened when hale was in a pit taking world dmg and his hp went negative. Might want to put something that checks if his hp goes below 0.

http://i.imgur.com/R7ea6.jpg
Closed Thread