Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

SourceMod 1.4 Package

Post New Thread Reply   

danielkza
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 11-18-2007 , 16:01   SourceMod 1.4 Package
Reply With Quote #1

Hey,i'm making a test installer to sourcemod,and i'm loading the files from my svn repositories. The problem is that there isn't a package folder for metamod 1.4,and since it's not recommended to use 1.6 in the original engine,i have to dowload the tar/zip, extract it and create the directory structure myself.

My question is: Can i securely use sourcemm 1.6 in an old engine game?
If not,why isn't there a package folder for 1.4?

Thank you.
BAILOPAN
Old 11-18-2007 , 21:35   Re: SourceMod 1.4 Package
Reply With Quote #2

Erm, I'm not sure I understand what you're asking. Metamod:Source 1.6 will run on the older engine but only for development purposes; i.e. we do not support it there and we don't recommend that people release plugins against it.

Metamod:Source 1.6 uses a newer packaging layout which is easier, but the actual layout is no different from Metamod:Source 1.4.

If you're creating an NSIS installer for SourceMod (I got your PM, I apologize if I forgot to respond) -- a note: we already have most of the installer written in C++. We'll gladly take any NSIS script submissions if they're under the GPL, but since a great deal of work has already been invested, it's likely that we wouldn't use it right away (or we'd use it for something else, like packaging rather than the installer itself).