Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

HUD and dHUD not playing along nicely?

Post New Thread Reply   

aron9forever
Veteran Member
Old 02-05-2018 , 15:59   HUD and dHUD not playing along nicely?
Reply With Quote #1

Before I start, please know that there is a chance I misunderstood how huds and dhuds work and affect eachother in which case please correct my misassumptions.

The following code might look fat and unappealing at first but at a closer look, it's just some handy constants and stocks I created for use in my projects. All this code is doing is spamming 4 HUD messages on channels 1 to 4 every 0.5 seconds. It it also creating 5 DHUD messages every 5 seconds with a hold time of 5 seconds.

What I'm expecting is to have 9 permanent huds nicely sitting on my screen. What I have is 4 permanent HUDs, and a broken clusterfuck of dHUDS.

I was under the impression that dHUDs can also be used as a permanent display as long as the information does not need to be updated quicker than hold time (so not for health display, but maybe a clock?). However after creating a dHUD clock that displays every second with a holdtime of 1 second; other HUDs interfere and make my clock disappear even though there are no other dHUDs being displayed. So basically a single permanent dHUD is being broken by several other permanent HUDs once they pick up enough intensity.

Here's what it looks like: https://youtu.be/V0Is77y7Yh8

My problem in production (2 permanent HUDs, 1 dHUD and they don't work together) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtyDvOJOvLg

Any help would be appreciated. I still have 1 hud channel free that I was saving for something else and now I'm worried everything will collide to crap because I am probably doing something wrong.
Code:
#include <amxmodx>

enum _:HUDLOCATIONS{
  HUD_CENTER,
  HUD_CENTER_UPPER,
  HUD_CENTER_LOWER,
  HUD_LEFT_CENTER,
  HUD_LEFT_UPPER,
  HUD_LEFT_LOWER,
  HUD_LEFT_LOWER_LOWER,
  HUD_RIGHT_CENTER,
  HUD_RIGHT_UPPER,
  HUD_RIGHT_LOWER,
  HUD_RIGHT_LOWER_LOWER
};

static const Float:HUD_COORDINATES[HUDLOCATIONS][] = {
  {-1.0, -1.0},
  {-1.0, 0.2},
  {-1.0, 0.9},
  {0.02, -1.0},
  {0.02, 0.2},
  {0.02, 0.75},
  {0.01, 0.92},
  {0.85, -1.0},
  {0.85, 0.2},
  {0.85, 0.85},
  {0.85, 0.92}
};

enum _:HUDCOLORS{
  HUD_COLOR_WHITE,
  HUD_COLOR_RED,
  HUD_COLOR_GREEN,
  HUD_COLOR_BLUE,
  HUD_COLOR_YELLOW,
  HUD_COLOR_MAGENTA,
  HUD_COLOR_CYAN,
  HUD_COLOR_ORANGE,
  HUD_COLOR_OCEAN,
  HUD_COLOR_MAROON
};

static const HUD_COLORS[HUDCOLORS][] = {
  {255, 255, 255},
  {255, 0, 0},
  {0, 255, 0},
  {0, 0, 255},
  {255, 255, 0},
  {255, 0, 255},
  {0, 255, 255},
  {227, 96, 8},
  {45, 89, 116},
  {103, 44, 38}
};

stock print_to_dhud_time(const id, const location, const color, const Float:holdtime, const input[], any:...) {
  static msg[191];
  vformat(msg, charsmax(msg), input, 6);

set_dhudmessage(HUD_COLORS[color][0], HUD_COLORS[color][1], HUD_COLORS[color][2], HUD_COORDINATES[location][0], HUD_COORDINATES[location][1], 0, 3.0, holdtime, 0.15, 0.15);
  show_dhudmessage(id, msg);
}

stock print_to_hud_chan(const id, const location, const color, const chan = -1, const input[], any:...) {
  static msg[191];
  vformat(msg, charsmax(msg), input, 6);

set_hudmessage(HUD_COLORS[color][0], HUD_COLORS[color][1], HUD_COLORS[color][2], HUD_COORDINATES[location][0], HUD_COORDINATES[location][1], 0, 3.0, 5.0, 0.15, 0.15, chan);
  show_hudmessage(id, msg);
}

public plugin_init() {
  set_task(1.0, "flash_stuff", 1337);

set_task(1.0, "flash_Dstuff", 13379);
}

public flash_stuff() {
  print_to_hud_chan(0, HUD_LEFT_LOWER, HUD_COLOR_RED, 1, "XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX");
  print_to_hud_chan(0, HUD_RIGHT_LOWER, HUD_COLOR_RED, 2, "XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX");
  print_to_hud_chan(0, HUD_LEFT_UPPER, HUD_COLOR_RED, 3, "XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX");
  print_to_hud_chan(0, HUD_RIGHT_UPPER, HUD_COLOR_RED, 4, "XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX");
  set_task(0.5, "flash_stuff", 1337);
}

public flash_Dstuff() {
  print_to_dhud_time(0, HUD_CENTER_UPPER, HUD_COLOR_CYAN, 5.0, "DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD");
  print_to_dhud_time(0, HUD_CENTER, HUD_COLOR_CYAN, 5.0, "DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD");
  print_to_dhud_time(0, HUD_CENTER_LOWER, HUD_COLOR_CYAN, 5.0, "DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD");
  print_to_dhud_time(0, HUD_LEFT_LOWER_LOWER, HUD_COLOR_CYAN, 5.0, "DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD");
  print_to_dhud_time(0, HUD_RIGHT_LOWER_LOWER, HUD_COLOR_CYAN, 5.0, "DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD");

set_task(5.0, "flash_Dstuff", 13379);
}
useless small optimizations
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Rose View Post
On a map that is 512x512x128 units you end up with 3,355,443,200,000 different "positions". To store each one of those positions individually in the variable "user_or" you need 12 terabytes of memory.
DjSoftero
Veteran Member
Old 02-06-2018 , 04:55   Re: HUD and dHUD not playing along nicely?
Reply With Quote #2

I think the max channels for the huds is 8. 9 might be the problem. try with lower quantity. also, make sure the previous dhud is deleted before its updated, or it might use 10 or even bigger channel, in which case, it would remove all of them, or the first one. That's my theory behind it

Last edited by DjSoftero; 02-06-2018 at 04:56.
aron9forever
Veteran Member
Old 02-06-2018 , 08:47   Re: HUD and dHUD not playing along nicely?
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjSoftero View Post
I think the max channels for the huds is 8. 9 might be the problem. try with lower quantity. also, make sure the previous dhud is deleted before its updated, or it might use 10 or even bigger channel, in which case, it would remove all of them, or the first one. That's my theory behind it
I thought hud and dhud had nothing to do with eachother
huds have 4 channels and dhuds have 8(but you can't set the channel, it selects automatically), so theoretically you should be able to display 12 huds and dhuds at the same time on the screen.
useless small optimizations
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Rose View Post
On a map that is 512x512x128 units you end up with 3,355,443,200,000 different "positions". To store each one of those positions individually in the variable "user_or" you need 12 terabytes of memory.