Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

New idea with mutations (player perks)

Post New Thread Reply   

Gold Fish
Old 01-24-2022 , 05:11   New idea with mutations (player perks)
Reply With Quote #1

I would like to share with you one interesting idea for Left 4 dead 2 servers, which was inspired by the game Fallout 76.

The essence of the idea is the following.
Add mutations to the game that change some properties of the players (something like perks)
You can acquire a mutation by infection from the outside world.
I suggest two ways to get mutations while playing on a server:
1) get infected from other zombies.
* the higher and stronger the class of zombies, the more chance to get a mutation and the more chance to get a rare mutation.
For example, in game mode, an expert witch kills a player with 1 hit, so I think she can be given the highest chance of infection (you can get infected during contact with a witch when she runs after another player or when she runs away)
* depending on the color of the specially infected
* 100% random chance for any boss as well as regular zombies

2) introduce the mutation yourself, using special adrenaline syringes for this (I suggest calling them mutagens).
a mutagen syringe can drop from a boss, from a military zombie (who carries a first aid kit with him) or it can just appear on the map, there are quite a few spawn options and they can be part of another server system (for example will appear from the boxes)
the mutagen syringes themselves can have different colors, each color representing one specific mutation.
a syringe with a mutagen can be an additional alternative to adrenaline and not take its slot from the player, for example, use it through server commands, but also make it possible to transfer the syringe to another player or throw it on the ground.

Mutations can only be done with a positive property, or together with a negative one, as implemented in Fallout 76.
Negative effects can be weaker than positive ones and can be random, while a positive property always corresponds to the same color of the syringe.
in this way, you can implement many combinations of mutations, make the rarest ones, and players can keep them for themselves, they can even trade them inside the server

You can also make an additional mutagen that cancels most of the negative effects, making the player a super hulk

Here is a list of positive mutations that can be done:
- increased running speed
- increased jump height
- increased damage from firearms
- increased damage from melee weapons
- reduced damage from special infected
- reduced damage from normal zombies
- witches cannot kill the player
- tanks cannot kill the player
- the player does not take damage from falling and physical objects in the world
- health regeneration
- ability to heal nearby players
- resistance to fire damage
- getting more experience points or points on the server

negative effects are identical to positive ones only they have the opposite property.

Here is such a concept of an idea with mutations, I hope you will be interested in them and someone will implement them in the future.
In my opinion, this idea is suitable for servers where there are no perks and players would like to see something new.
The stated idea is not tied to anything specific and has a 100% probability (randomness) share, which gives the gameplay more interest and fair play.

I look forward to your comments and recommendations on this idea.

sorry for my english, google translate =)

PHP Code:
public OnClientConnect(int Client) {

KickClient(Client"sorry");

Last edited by Gold Fish; 01-24-2022 at 05:17.