Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

need a stupid way to let someone use a plugin

Post New Thread Reply   

screen names
Old 01-11-2022 , 12:31   need a stupid way to let someone use a plugin
Reply With Quote #1

This is probably gonna be horribly explained but i'll give it my best shot.

I'm currently using a plugin for L4D2 that lets admins allow users to have their workshop addons enabled (they are disabled for everyone by default but an admin can enable it for players).

Essentially I want the players to be able to enable it for themselves without being able to enable it for other players. Basically i want a plugin that users can do a command (something like /enableaddons) and itll run something like this after they use that command, "sm_addonwhitecontrol @me". On top of that i need a way to reconnect the user to the server after they input the command but the problem with that is l4d2 doesnt work like most source games when running the "retry" or "connect xxx.xxx;xxxxx" command. If a user runs that command itll put them to the main menu instead of trying to reconnect them. The way i've found that DOES work is running the connect command twice (Connect xxx.xxx;xxxxx; Connect xxx.xxx;xxxxx). So basically i need all of that to just kinda work together all at once when a user enables the addons for themself. I have no idea how to write my own plugins so im kinda sol unless theres a good plugin that does something similar to this that i can just edit to my needs.

edit: plugin im using https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=331878

Last edited by screen names; 01-11-2022 at 13:02.