Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D2] Incapped Crawling with Animation (2.9) [11-Dec-2022]

Post New Thread Reply   

cravenge
Veteran Member
Old 10-23-2020 , 11:18   Re: [L4D2] Incapped Crawling with Animation (2.6) [10-May-2020]
Reply With Quote #241

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryPotter View Post
Wait. what?...
We need to decompress every .vpk file frpm workshop and recompile to new vpk?
Basically, since there have been several changes to the survivor animations. It's not the VPKs that need to be recompiled but the MDL files to be specific.

Though the custom models that have animations swapped with another are more tedious to recompile.

Last edited by cravenge; 10-23-2020 at 11:24. Reason: Stupid keyboard
cravenge
Veteran Member
Old 10-24-2020 , 03:24   Re: [L4D2] Incapped Crawling with Animation (2.6) [10-May-2020]
Reply With Quote #242

Confirmed this plugin still works properly for the normal survivor models.
TomDaBomb
Old 01-06-2021 , 07:49   Re: [L4D2] Incapped Crawling with Animation (2.6) [10-May-2020]
Reply With Quote #243

yeah this plugin has always had a weird quirk to it (or i should say the game does lol), if you install it onto a Dedicated Server then only players that dont use custom models will see normal crawling animations, otherwise custom models from the workshop etc. will more than likely be skewed and messed up, unless the custom model doesnt change animations of the survivor it replaces.
(for example a lot of the models that change the male survivors to female models are set to use Zoeys animations on that survivor)

if you install it into your own Client game files and run a Local Host or Single Player then everything works fine for normal and custom models, im really not sure why either its kinda strange, im guessing it has something to do with the single player / local host for the game, cuz i remember a thing where you can just edit the .mdl file with a hex editor the sloppy way and change the survivor it replaces, but it only works with anims in single player, if you try to connect to a server then the model stands at the T pose, so the model has to be actually compiled properly with the proper survivor in mind cuz they all use different animation locations or IDs for the type of anim thats used.
(or something like that, its been a while so i cant remember)

-
so basically, if you use it on a dedicated server the default stuff will work fine but custom models will probably be messed up, or if your planning on installing this plugin and SM etc. into your own game files you can just go for it cuz it seems to work fine all around

before the LS update i remember even inviting a friend in with their own custom models and it worked fine for her too. . . which i found even more strange, i figured it would work for me but not other players joining my Local Host match, although theres a chance the model she had didnt change the anims cuz i dont remember checking that, but im not sure if it still works that way for Local since the LS update

Last edited by TomDaBomb; 01-06-2021 at 08:05.
cravenge
Veteran Member
Old 01-06-2021 , 08:59   Re: [L4D2] Incapped Crawling with Animation (2.6) [10-May-2020]
Reply With Quote #244

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomDaBomb View Post
[...]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cravenge View Post
Basically, since there have been several changes to the survivor animations. It's not the VPKs that need to be recompiled but the MDL files to be specific.

Though the custom models that have animations swapped with another are more tedious to recompile.
Lider99
Old 05-11-2021 , 04:07   Re: [L4D2] Incapped Crawling with Animation (2.6) [10-May-2020]
Reply With Quote #245

thank you for making such good plugins)
But it's a pity that no one can update these plugins for l4d2 ((
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=176104
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=889437
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 05-14-2021 , 22:26   Re: [L4D2] Incapped Crawling with Animation (2.6) [10-May-2020]
Reply With Quote #246

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomDaBomb View Post
yeah this plugin has always had a weird quirk to it (or i should say the game does lol), if you install it onto a Dedicated Server then only players that dont use custom models will see normal crawling animations, otherwise custom models from the workshop etc. will more than likely be skewed and messed up, unless the custom model doesnt change animations of the survivor it replaces.
(for example a lot of the models that change the male survivors to female models are set to use Zoeys animations on that survivor)

if you install it into your own Client game files and run a Local Host or Single Player then everything works fine for normal and custom models, im really not sure why either its kinda strange, im guessing it has something to do with the single player / local host for the game, cuz i remember a thing where you can just edit the .mdl file with a hex editor the sloppy way and change the survivor it replaces, but it only works with anims in single player, if you try to connect to a server then the model stands at the T pose, so the model has to be actually compiled properly with the proper survivor in mind cuz they all use different animation locations or IDs for the type of anim thats used.
(or something like that, its been a while so i cant remember)

-
so basically, if you use it on a dedicated server the default stuff will work fine but custom models will probably be messed up, or if your planning on installing this plugin and SM etc. into your own game files you can just go for it cuz it seems to work fine all around

before the LS update i remember even inviting a friend in with their own custom models and it worked fine for her too. . . which i found even more strange, i figured it would work for me but not other players joining my Local Host match, although theres a chance the model she had didnt change the anims cuz i dont remember checking that, but im not sure if it still works that way for Local since the LS update
I'm guessing the animation works (newer versions of this plugin no longer use static animation sequence numbers) but the position is messed up? That's because this plugin is changing the position and angle of the clone so it sits closer and better to the original than it otherwise would. Maybe this can be fixed by removing that part of the code and using the bonemerge clone method that coach uses but for all survivors. Maybe one day I'll try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lider99 View Post
thank you for making such good plugins)
But it's a pity that no one can update these plugins for l4d2 ((
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=176104
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=889437
Thanks, but wrong place to be requesting these updates and its not something I have time for.
Old 01-16-2022 , 19:05   Re: [L4D2] Incapped Crawling with Animation (2.6) [10-May-2020]
Reply With Quote #247

Enabling glows breaks the animation of crawling
Silvers
Old 01-26-2022 , 05:13   Re: [L4D2] Incapped Crawling with Animation (2.6) [10-May-2020]
Reply With Quote #248

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaghettipastaman View Post
Enabling glows breaks the animation of crawling
I don't see how that would break the animation. Do you mean the crawling animation works but the glow is not following the crawling animation and static as if the client was just sat there? I can't test this on my own. Do you have a video?
Old 01-26-2022 , 05:15   Re: [L4D2] Incapped Crawling with Animation (2.6) [10-May-2020]
Reply With Quote #249

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvers View Post
I don't see how that would break the animation. Do you mean the crawling animation works but the glow is not following the crawling animation and static as if the client was just sat there? I can't test this on my own. Do you have a video?
I think it may be because of the usage of the fake model for the crawling animation where the actual survivor is made invisible, so if glow is enabled which just uses the actual survivor glow, the glowing will look like it's desyncing with the fake crawling model.
Then again, people are sadly being too broad and indescriptive so this may not be the case.

Steam profile, where I game, obviously.
Youtube channel, where I do Stick Death Maze animations and some other stuff.
no plugin requests, sorry

My Plugins:
-search list-
Modified Plugins:
1 | 2 | 3 | 4

Last edited by Shadowysn; 01-26-2022 at 05:18.
Silvers
Old 01-26-2022 , 05:31   Re: [L4D2] Incapped Crawling with Animation (2.6) [10-May-2020]
Reply With Quote #250

Maybe setting the glow to "1" on "clone" instead of "client" would work. Unable to test though.