, in startup parameters, -maxplayers
is no longer in use.
When using dynamic max. players
- By default, cs:go game change dynamically max. player count on different game modes.
You can look yourself from gamemodes.txt
casual = 20
competitive = 10
scrimcomp2v2 = 4
scrimcomp5v5 = 10
gungameprogressive = 10
gungametrbomb = 10
deathmatch = 16
training = 1
custom = 100
cooperative = 20
coopmission = 10
skirmish = 12
survival = 16
To override these default Valve game mode settings, you use override
file, if you need change.
When using static max. player
- Using server startup parameter -maxplayers_override
you can force max. player count, what ever the game mode settings is, it always to be that static max. player count.
Still problems ?
./srcds_run -console -usercon -game csgo -maxplayers_override 32 +map de_dust2
- Are you using another server host ? Perhaps server provider have set max. player count and you can't change that. Ask from them.
- Do map have enough spawn points ?
And sometimes, maps have bad spawn points, too close each other. This can be seen by loading map in your own game, not server, and use: sv_cheats 1; map_showspawnpoints
- Have you change SourceMod plugin "reserved slots" settings ? Adding more reserved slots will change sv_visiblemaxplayers
cvar value and will show your server slot count differently.
you can check current maxplayers.
version : 220.127.116.11/13815 1408/8460 insecure [A:1:3832137738:19441]
udp/ip : 192.168.1.20:27015
os : Windows
type : listen
map : de_dust2 at: 384 x, 2504 y, -55 z
connected to loopback
players : 1 humans, 9 bots (20/0 max) (not hibernating)