Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

HL

Post New Thread Reply   

Seta00
The Seta00 user has crashed.
Old 05-16-2012 , 08:01   HL
Reply With Quote #1

One day (4 years ago, I was 11 years old) I try to find mods for Half-Lif. Found a mod on city17.ru, which size is only 10 KB (!), at first I thought - file is corrupted.In short description say this is very huge mod that contains another story, the game takes place after cascade resonance from the original hl. Yes I didn't believe it at first. Mod called Barney, i dont know why, no hint of what you're playing for the Calhoun.Full description almost not there, the list of innovations was not. I downloaded the mod from letitbit, what surprised me, because in city17.ru newer use file hosting (like depoist or rapid)My internet speed it 128 kb/s, that game downloading relatively long time, although it was written that weighs 10 KB, it can be downloaded in 2 minutes. File size 10 kb downloaded 2 hrs. It think this is a bug, and yet it on my computer file size is 10 KB. In archive i finded one folder - BT. Here is only one folder - maps. There is 50 maps. And everyone map files has 20 bytes size. I was surprised, because very easy map size is greater than 20 kbytes.I know how to run mods. Write hl.exe -game BT.The first thing that caught my eye is the fact that the mod has new background and new main menu, but this is not possible, the resource folder is notit archive!In the background was Gordon Freeman, but he was pushed back, nothing he held in his hand, stood in the middle of the background. It was awful, I couldn't see his face, but the head was visible of his glasses. Menu like from original HL, but there is not Create Server and Find Servers buttons.Singleplayer mod, i think. I press options and try to customize this mod. All Options pages is blank, execpt Video. The only thing that you could adjust the Brightness.I decided to leave it as it was (a little closer from the middle of the darkness). Click "New game", I noticed that no choice of training, and there is only one level of complexity - hard. What to do, chose hard.Start level. Level loading is very long. One precentage per 20 secs. On 99% the game is stoled. And suddenly everything started to be manifested, it was the Fade effect (when the beginning of the level begins with the awakening the main character). The first thing I saw it was a scientist-Speccy (Kleiner), standing close up to the camera.Suddenly the game crash with an error C++ runtime. I didn't know what it was, but I decided to re-enter the game, going into the game I noticed that the missing button New game. And Gordon on the background of got up a little closer to me, I was very surprised, background can be changed in the GoldSrc games, or I is stupid, in Source only could (Half-Life 2).Suddenly I'm in it i saw something on gordon put me in shock - it was the face, ... face, and it was around his neck. GOD I WAS FRIGHTENED, and stupidly knock my computer and shutdown.I have decided not to play this mod and forget about it. However, I have not slept all night, with the turning on lights, it seemed to me that because of the closet, out of the darkness looks at me the same face with the back of her neck Gordon. I was lying, and he feared that all thought about that mod, but by the hourthe night. Im boring, i need to sleep, I was afraid to go to sleep, but sleep is like (yesterday I woke up the next morning at 5 o'clock, play computer wanted to). The morning was come,after that I went to school, I didn't want to sit at the computer. The lesson I was sick, sleepy, I fell asleep. The teacher came over and woke me up,said, "What are you doing last night?" I said: "Nothing". And the teacher said: "Come home." But I didn't want to, I was afraid that the house no one will, I said, "No, can I sit before the end of the lesson?" (this was the last lesson). I sat down and went home. I decided to play games, but did not include this game. I playing other games,I was even afraid to run GoldSrc games. I decided that my computer is infected by awesome virus, which shows that file size is 10kbytes.But a week later I wanted to play Opposing Foce Coop with my friends. I started hlds.exe and say my ip addres to my friends via im client.Somewhere after 10 minutes of playing my hl.exe and hlds.exe is crashing with C++ runtime error.My friends start asking me "what happened?". I decided to not answer and close my im client.All goldsrc games is crashing (DoD, TFC, HL) with this error.I have this of course was, but suddenly I remembered the mod, start it, not crashed, the game normally start. Background on the main menu remains the same, I decided to not look at all at Gordon. Lost menu item "Change Game", it turns out I can't change the mod. There were only menu items as Quit, Options, Save Game, Load Game, New Game. I thought, perhaps there are AutoSave, if I last time played, and looked, it was not. Well, a new game launched. Start loading, it was very quickly. Suddenly I saw that the first level is changed. We begin in the office, at once with a costume and a crowbar hands Gordon changed, steel blue, not orange.Well, I decided to go forward, he reached the door I tried to open it, but did not succeed, pressed E - nothing happened. I decided to inspect the the Cabinet. Casually I saw the corpse on the floor of the same Kleiner. I understand, I can not correctly spawn at the beginning of the maps, so? Although it is strange, I just remember that Kleiner was alive, or on the plot we killed him? Suddenly the door opened, I went inside, preserved just in case. Suddenly I was stuck with a bunch of zombies, they looks strange, as if headcrab it's part of their body, the very was. I began to hit them a crowbar, I could not kill them.I hit 12 times, each zombie, noting happened. They killed me. I appeared on the map beggining. (it is strange, but I had to appear at the door, because I saved this game). I decided to get out of the game, hit ESC, but suddenly I saw that no menu item Quit. WHAT THE FUCK!!! From the edges of the screen went black mist. I pressed Alt+F4, Ctrl+Alt+Del, Alt+TAB, wrote in the console quit. Nothing happened, I turned off the computer by powerup button on system case. I turned again the computer, tried to go in different games,no one will not run, they were all with errors of C++. I tried to turn on the browser, search about it, but he has not started. I thought the virus eat my OS, decided to format the hard and reinstall Windows. Started to search for the disk with the operating system, could not find. Searched around, but suddenly I have a strange thought, but what if?.. I powered up the computer, clicked on the drive, and out - disk WITH the OPERATING SYSTEM. As it is, I did instert it, i insert C&C Anthology disc, not OS. WTF?I tried to reinstall OS. In the BIOS, cut down all hard drrives and leaving only the drive with Windows, kept out, the download went, came a blue screen, the installation of Windows, suddenly the computer shutting down. I don't understand, I go again, again the same problem,have tried through F8 launch the CD, nothing happened. Tried to install about 3 hours (from time to time I tried to restore the system through the service, but nothing is started), nothing worked. I abandoned the case and did not include a computer more in my free time watching television. After a fewdays later my mother told me “You’re movin’ with your auntie and uncle in Bel-Air.” I whistled for a cab and when it came near The license plate said fresh and it had dice in the mirror If anything I could say that this cab was rare But I thought, “Nah, forget it. Yo home to Bel-Air!” I pulled up to the house about 7 or 8 And I yelled to the cabby yo holmes smell ya later Looked at my kingdom I was finally there To sit on my throne as the prince of Bel-Air.
GordonFreeman (RU)
Veteran Member
Old 05-16-2012 , 08:03   Re: HL
Reply With Quote #2

drunk %)
The Seta00 user has crashed.
Old 05-17-2012 , 11:28   Re: HL
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Thread Nuked: Spam
rude