Post New Thread Reply   

Old 05-12-2014 , 08:39   Re: [EXTENSION] Sound Info Library v1.0.1
Reply With Quote #61

can u upload under 0.2.0 ver?
i dont need latest plugin actually, 'cause i dont need menu and sound library
robotortoise
Old 10-16-2014 , 18:52   Re: [EXTENSION] Sound Info Library v1.0.1
Reply With Quote #62

Good news, everyone! The latest TF2 update broke this!

EDIT: Oh uh....and by good news, I mean bad news. Sorry if I offended anyone. It's a Futurama reference...

If you ever need help with Wii/Gamecube/DS sounds/music/ect., I'm your man!

Contact me via Steam

I don't bite.

How to loop and compress .wav files

Me and my friends' server

Last edited by robotortoise; 10-16-2014 at 21:33.
YoNer
Old 10-16-2014 , 21:16   Re: [EXTENSION] Sound Info Library v1.0.1
Reply With Quote #63

Yeah, it broke several sound playing plugins, including Brofist that crashes the clients as well
berni
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 10-17-2014 , 03:13   Re: [EXTENSION] Sound Info Library v1.0.1
Reply With Quote #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by robotortoise View Post
Good news, everyone! The latest TF2 update broke this!

EDIT: Oh uh....and by good news, I mean bad news. Sorry if I offended anyone. It's a Futurama reference...
yeh awesome!

Are you sure this extension is broken and not some other plugin that loads it? It actually only useses the Sourcemod interface and doesn't play sounds.

When people ask me "Plz" just because it's shorter than "Please" I feel perfectly justified to answer "No" because it's shorter than "Yes"
powered by Core i7 3770k | 32GB DDR3 1886Mhz | 2x Vertex4 SSD Raid0
robotortoise
Old 10-17-2014 , 17:52   Re: [EXTENSION] Sound Info Library v1.0.1
Reply With Quote #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by berni View Post
yeh awesome!

Are you sure this extension is broken and not some other plugin that loads it? It actually only useses the Sourcemod interface and doesn't play sounds.
Unfortunately, I know about as much about Sourcemod coding as I do about embalming a chicken.....which is to say, not much.
I wouldn't have the faintest idea how to check what's really causing it, but I've seen several people report that plugins using this extension aren't working.

If you ever need help with Wii/Gamecube/DS sounds/music/ect., I'm your man!

Contact me via Steam

I don't bite.

How to loop and compress .wav files

Me and my friends' server
YoNer
Old 10-18-2014 , 12:34   Re: [EXTENSION] Sound Info Library v1.0.1
Reply With Quote #66

Its not only the plugins using this extension that broke, others that use sound playback, like Trainrain or Brofist now do not play sounds (trainrain) or crashes clients (brofist) i will tinker a bit with sv_pure today to check if its related and update you guys
YoNer
Old 10-26-2014 , 17:34   Re: [EXTENSION] Sound Info Library v1.0.1
Reply With Quote #67

Ok, so it seems that this is indeed a sv_pure issue, i found a server running the quake sounds plugin (currently not working on my server) that had the quake tag, i entered and found the plugin was working there, so it something on my server and not TF2,

After finding that i could not play a quake sounds file from the console , on the client side on my server but i could on the other one i came to the conclusion that it was a sv_pure issue,

I changed sv_pure on my server to -1 and everything was working, i could not check this extension in particular, but i guess since the issue is affecting custom sound files you would have issues with this extension as well, now ,my server was on sv_pure 1 and had always been, i had not added any exceptions to the whitelist file and still all plugins using custom sounds worked great, so its something valve changed on sv_pure 1 that now has broken the plugins, or maybe now it works as it always should have been

Other than setting sv_pure to -1 (or 0, i did not try that yet) im having issues setting the whitelist file properly in order to get all plugins working again. Any ideas?
Robin955
Veteran Member
Old 10-26-2014 , 22:44   Re: [EXTENSION] Sound Info Library v1.0.1
Reply With Quote #68

max volume is 1? comparing the volume on the file i picked and playing it in media player, its like 60% volume in the game and 100% on media player on 100% volume. atleast its lacking volume wich i had foreseen due to avoid spam,

but since we can pick volume, why not add a volume booster so we can pick volume 1.5 or 2.0

now im saying volume max due to the store addon "sounds" uses this to play sounds and volume is max 1 there.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-28-2014 , 14:43   Re: [EXTENSION] Sound Info Library v1.0.1
Reply With Quote #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin955 View Post
max volume is 1? comparing the volume on the file i picked and playing it in media player, its like 60% volume in the game and 100% on media player on 100% volume. atleast its lacking volume wich i had foreseen due to avoid spam,

but since we can pick volume, why not add a volume booster so we can pick volume 1.5 or 2.0

now im saying volume max due to the store addon "sounds" uses this to play sounds and volume is max 1 there.
What does this extension have to do with sound volume?

If you mean the EmitSound functions, that's just a wrapper around Valve's EmitSound function, so you'll have to take it up with them.
Veteran Member
Old 10-29-2014 , 04:50   Re: [EXTENSION] Sound Info Library v1.0.1
Reply With Quote #70

well whatever "addon" call it addon. thats in the source engine that plays sounds. needed this plugin in order to make most sounds work better. volume was just something that was being used in the store sounds plugin.
is there anything that makes you able to make higher volume on the mp3 sounds?