Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

New Guy Here ;)

Post New Thread Reply   

Sergeant
Old 05-07-2008 , 21:22   New Guy Here ;)
Reply With Quote #1

So I've ran Beetlesmod and it seems that it is not as stable as I would like. So I'm looking for a new thing to try. So I am trying Source Mod.

I have a Linux server and running Insurgency. I'm a little new to this code and I am by no means a coder but i can slowly figure this out. Figured if I posted something a helful soul will guide me to a quicker way to solve my server woes instead of reading every single post in here. Just point me the way and I'll learn.

So what I'm seeing here is a basic mod for admins to run a server but is also a hub for "installing" plugins like advertisements, player tk spawn killing management, etc/ Am i right? Beetlesmod has everything in configs in it's mod so all you have to do is change a few lines or 50 and you have something heppening.

Or does this Source Mod have everything too I just haven't found all those configs yet?

I will keep looking into this as my feet hurt from work and I ran out of beer, yesterday.

All i want to do is have a server run my advertisements at the top left, turn on or shut off all the sounds"ie: monsterkills", auto balance, auto tk management, auto ban, kick, high ping, blah blah blah...you get the picture.

Thanks for any helpful advice

Sergeant
Send a message via MSN to Sergeant Send a message via Skype™ to Sergeant
BOYSplayCS
BANNED
Old 05-07-2008 , 22:06   Re: New Guy Here ;)
Reply With Quote #2

god, please please look where you post.
Zenith77
Veteran Member
Old 05-07-2008 , 22:12   Re: New Guy Here ;)
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
I will keep looking into this as my feet hurt from work and I ran out of beer, yesterday
I think you need to stay off the beer for a little while.

Quote:
Thanks for any helpful advice
No problem.
YamiKaitou
Has a lovely bunch of coconuts
Old 05-07-2008 , 22:31   Re: New Guy Here ;)
Reply With Quote #4

lol @ Zenith

Spammer @ BOYSplayCS

Wrong Forum @ Sergeant

Moved @ Topic

I do not browse the forums regularly anymore. If you need me for anything (asking questions or anything else), then PM me (be descriptive in your PM, message containing only a link to a thread will be ignored).
KhyrOO
Old 05-08-2008 , 00:09   Re: New Guy Here ;)
Reply With Quote #5

Hi! In Sourcemod u should install plugins if u need more (there are several in the basic install like mapchooser, rtv, and so on...) and a little change in their cfg files wich are automatically generate by the plugins, and run you server smoothly! I used to play with Mani on before, but it has a lot of problems and I decided to change Metamod - Sourcemod this is much better than the others. Lot of ppl work around here to make this plugin run better and better, so it was a GOOD CHOISE!

I think u should look around in the forum posts to find what U need!

The ForCe will be WiTH U ALwaYs!
Send a message via MSN to KhyrOO
Sergeant
Old 05-08-2008 , 08:24   Re: New Guy Here ;)
Reply With Quote #6

Khyr00 thanks man and too the rest of you ....kids....I downloaded the SourceMod....so I figured I'd post something in the General area of the SourceMod makes sense?

Usually when you see somebody new at this you really shouldn't be a dick and post crap like "ooooooooooo, wrong post ...oooooooooooo" lol grow up. Guess admins should "admin" this type of behaviour. ;)

Sorry for your inconvenience.

~S!

Sergeant
Send a message via MSN to Sergeant Send a message via Skype™ to Sergeant
YamiKaitou
Has a lovely bunch of coconuts
Old 05-08-2008 , 11:30   Re: New Guy Here ;)
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergeant View Post
Khyr00 thanks man and too the rest of you ....kids....I downloaded the SourceMod....so I figured I'd post something in the General area of the SourceMod makes sense?

Usually when you see somebody new at this you really shouldn't be a dick and post crap like "ooooooooooo, wrong post ...oooooooooooo" lol grow up. Guess admins should "admin" this type of behaviour. ;)

Sorry for your inconvenience.

~S!

Sergeant
If any of this was targeted at me, you posted this in the
Site/Forums Issues and Discussion forum, which is the wrong forum, I moved it for you

If it was not targeted at me, ignore this message

I do not browse the forums regularly anymore. If you need me for anything (asking questions or anything else), then PM me (be descriptive in your PM, message containing only a link to a thread will be ignored).
qcg33k
Old 05-08-2008 , 11:56   Re: New Guy Here ;)
Reply With Quote #8

I'm not a coder, just a user of Sourcemod. I started out running my TF2 server with beetlesmod and manimod. After a while and lack of support, I decided to move to Sourcemod which I believe is easier and more customizable. In mani & beetles, they give you the basics that come with the package. But with sourcemod, they give you the basics such as reserveslots, nextmap vote, admin menu, etc. Plus Sourcemod has plugins available to install by other coders, which is easy as pie.

The best way to understand is go ahead and install 1) Metamod (not sure what the heck it is, but SM needs is to run) and 2) Sourcemod. The wiki is very helpful to install. You can become an avid user of SM is a day.

Send a message via AIM to qcg33k