12% 

[ANY] Resize Players - 1.5.1 - 2014/11/20

Post New Thread Reply   

Wormy
Old 01-12-2016 , 13:37   Re: [ANY] Resize Players - 1.5.1 - 2014/11/20
Reply With Quote #591

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheddar View Post
Resize Players (FLEA AND ZERO DAMAGE EDITIONS)

WTF is this?
This decreases the damage players deal (when small) to somewhere around 5% of their normal damage. Hence *FLEA* edition (I'm also uploading a *ZERO Damage Edition* in which players smaller than 1.0 deal ZERO damage.
FLEA Example: Spy backstab deals 14 damage when resized to 0.45. Heavy bullets hit for like 2 or 3 points. hehe that tickles

Why did you make this you nerd?
I saw several people were asking for a "friendly only" version of this plugin and decided to take a whack at it. I got so tired of people running around tiny on my server and instantly killing me.

Installation Instructions
1. Install Resizeme like normal (Read the main pages Instructions)
2. In the folder /addons/sourcemod/plugins replace ResizePlayers.smx with ResizePlayers(fleadamage).smx or ResizePlayers(zerodamage).smx
3. Set the following values in /cfg/server.cfg
"sm_resize_backstab 1"
"sm_resize_damage 2" OR "1" ('2' Just nerfs small players. '1' nerfs small players and buffs large ones)

DISCLAIMER: I didn't freaking make the original plugin, I only modified how it calculates the damage you deal/take. It seriously needed a nerf. Enjoy

PSS: [note to coders] Seems to totally work but gives some compilation warnings. I think it has some functions in the ZERO Damage Edition that it no longer uses. Nothing major.

-Ched
I just noticed a small issue with this though. Sentries will still be able to deal damage.
Old 01-15-2016 , 06:23   Re: [ANY] Resize Players - 1.5.1 - 2014/11/20
Reply With Quote #592

Maybe cause im a moron, but i cant seem to install this, i drop it in the addon folder, idk maybe it doesn't work on singleplayer? any help?
cheddar
Old 01-16-2016 , 19:46   Re: [ANY] Resize Players - 1.5.1 - 2014/11/20
Reply With Quote #593

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormy View Post
I just noticed a small issue with this though. Sentries will still be able to deal damage.
Yes I've realized the same vulnerability. However fixing THAT issue is above my paygrade. I'm really a novice coder.

But, if you think about it... usually when you're trying to destroy a sentry does it really matter how large the engineer is?... Maybe sometimes... but not usually... usually you're aiming for the sentry not the engineer cowering behind it.

But you're right it is not exploit-free. :/
I just don't know how to fix it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidgetSpiderman View Post
Maybe cause im a moron, but i cant seem to install this, i drop it in the addon folder, idk maybe it doesn't work on singleplayer? any help?
My friend, you're not a moron, we all started not knowing why things wouldn't install. My advice is to first make sure you have installed:
Metamod and Sourcemod
Guide Here https://wiki.alliedmods.net/Installi...rceMod_(simple)
If you are 100% positive you have sourcemod installed, then you're ready to install the resize players plugin.

However... you mentioned that you are wanting to use this plugin in singleplayer correct?... Usually you install sourcemod onto SRCDS. That is to say the tf2 server application. You don't usually install sourcemod onto the TF2 client itself......... but I think it might be possible
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=209929

I've just never done it before

Last edited by cheddar; 01-16-2016 at 20:01.
kaeming
Old 02-25-2016 , 08:09   Re: [ANY] Resize Players - 1.5.1 - 2014/11/20
Reply With Quote #594

possible to only resize each team? Like in CSGO , only forces players from terrorist to resize to a bigger model
MaloModo
Veteran Member
Old 04-12-2016 , 11:10   Re: [ANY] Resize Players - 1.5.1 - 2014/11/20
Reply With Quote #595

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaeming View Post
possible to only resize each team? Like in CSGO , only forces players from terrorist to resize to a bigger model
Yes this would nice...lots of cvars all ready but no option to restrict resizing to only one team (tf2 in my case)?
luki1412
Veteran Member
Old 06-19-2016 , 13:06   Re: [ANY] Resize Players - 1.5.1 - 2014/11/20
Reply With Quote #596

Updated the sma, so there are no errors when compiling the plugin(it was using deprecated natives and flags). Also added autoexecconfig file creating.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (ResizePlayers.sp - 421 views - 52.8 KB)
Old 06-29-2016 , 00:54   Re: [ANY] Resize Players - 1.5.1 - 2014/11/20
Reply With Quote #597

I've been having this problem when ever I try to resize someone to a certain size after I type in the scale and everything needed to resize the player the console then says Invalid Size Specified. How do I fix this?
jpwanabe
Veteran Member
Old 06-29-2016 , 01:23   Re: [ANY] Resize Players - 1.5.1 - 2014/11/20
Reply With Quote #598

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dclone02 View Post
I've been having this problem when ever I try to resize someone to a certain size after I type in the scale and everything needed to resize the player the console then says Invalid Size Specified. How do I fix this?
Example of you trying to resize please?
usla
Old 08-26-2016 , 08:35   Re: [ANY] Resize Players - 1.5.1 - 2014/11/20
Reply With Quote #599

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaeming View Post
we need this
404UserNotFound
BANNED
Old 01-06-2017 , 16:05   Re: [ANY] Resize Players - 1.5.1 - 2014/11/20
Reply With Quote #600

Alright, so some bugs:

• You can resize your head, hands and torso using negative values. This results in weird display issues, followed by a client crash of which I have seen several varieties:
    • Client simply crashes to the desktop
    • Client's view suddenly switches to being stuck in the floor with HUD visible, but some menus can be brought up though nothing is responsive. This is followed a few seconds later by a crash.
    • Client's view suddenly switches to being stuck in the floor, no HUD visible, no menus can be brought up, no inputs are responded to by the game, then it just crashes a few seconds later.
    • The "stuck in the floor" thing, I can only assume it's the client erroring out and pointing the player's view to the map co-ords 0,0,0.
  • Damage scaling as part of the sm_resize_damage convar does not seem to be applied to damage dealt to Engineer buildings, and I'd have to assume to Sappers as well. This should be addressed and fixed.

I really wish there was a way to do the hand/torso scaling without the noticeable scaling jitter you see.