Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[TF2] Custom Weapons 3 (Beta 2)

Post New Thread Reply   

TastyMedula
Old 12-01-2018 , 11:41   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons 3 (Beta 2)
Reply With Quote #191

Can you make a tutorial that explains how to make custom buildings? It isn't urgent, but i would like to know how to.
trbz_
Old 12-14-2018 , 21:17   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons 3 (Beta 2)
Reply With Quote #192

Here is a compendium of all safe custom attribute plugins I know of:

Custom Weapons 2:

Theray's attributes (includes rays-attributes, aw2attribs, and amp node attributes)

More of Theray's attributes (includes basic-attributes and custom-attributes)

The655's attributes

Nergal's NergalPak attributes

Zethax's attributes

Custom Weapons 3:

Orion's updated attributes

YoNer's command-on-hit attribute

Silver's attributes

Other:

nosoop's Custom Attribute Framework and Starter Pack (separate custom attribtue API with adapter plugin for CW3)

Also, a fix for the flamethrower bug can be found on Page 18.

Hope this is useful for anyone else out there still trying to use this awesome mod.

Last edited by trbz_; 06-17-2020 at 23:38. Reason: added nosoop's cool thing
trbz_
Old 12-15-2018 , 22:21   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons 3 (Beta 2)
Reply With Quote #193

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaidemonLP View Post
Fixed flamethrowers, Ignite on hit still doesnt work tho sadly.
When I installed this fix, it broke the way cw3 does attributes--now if you use a non-stock weapon as the base it doesn't get rid of the attributes, just adds the new ones from the config (e.g. +100% clip size on a FaN-based weapon means 4 shots instead of 12). Most of these can simply be number adjusted to work, but some attributes can't.

Also, is anyone else having a bug with the cw2legacy module not working? I'm getting an error on startup:

Code:
[SM] Failed to load plugin "cw3\modules\cw2legacy.smx": unexpected error 23 in AskPluginLoad callback.
KiddleyWiffers
Old 02-23-2019 , 21:08   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons 3 (Beta 2)
Reply With Quote #194

Hello, I can't seem to get this to work using either automatic install or manual install.
MoonlyDays
Old 03-04-2019 , 03:11   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons 3 (Beta 2)
Reply With Quote #195

When I try to add custom viewmodel to weapon it becomes completely invisible (hands either)
TheCatScout
Old 03-23-2019 , 14:06   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons 3 (Beta 2)
Reply With Quote #196

I think someone's said this before, but whenever I launch a TF2 dedicated server with CW3 installed, any weapons I create don't get named. I named a wrench "The Tanker" and it shows "Wrench" but has the attributes I set. I even tried to use the custom name attribute in tf2attributes but it doesn't work. I tried updating TF2Attributes, the program probably responsible for this and it STILL doesn't work. Halp!
trbz_
Old 03-23-2019 , 21:39   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons 3 (Beta 2)
Reply With Quote #197

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCatScout View Post
I think someone's said this before, but whenever I launch a TF2 dedicated server with CW3 installed, any weapons I create don't get named. I named a wrench "The Tanker" and it shows "Wrench" but has the attributes I set. I even tried to use the custom name attribute in tf2attributes but it doesn't work. I tried updating TF2Attributes, the program probably responsible for this and it STILL doesn't work. Halp!
The weapon names are only for in the /c menu and for identifying in server logs. CW3 does not modify the actual carried item names.
Novanious
Old 03-25-2019 , 02:25   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons 3 (Beta 2)
Reply With Quote #198

Hey! I was just wondering if somebody could walk me through how to use these attributes on stock weapons - to modify the stock weapons, not to make custom weapons. There are a lot of interesting attributes that aren't in the base game that I'd like to toy around with. If somebody already explained this, please feel free to direct me to their explanation, but I've spend the last few days looking, and I wasn't successful in finding anything.
crafting
Old 03-25-2019 , 21:22   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons 3 (Beta 2)
Reply With Quote #199

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novanious View Post
Hey! I was just wondering if somebody could walk me through how to use these attributes on stock weapons - to modify the stock weapons, not to make custom weapons. There are a lot of interesting attributes that aren't in the base game that I'd like to toy around with. If somebody already explained this, please feel free to direct me to their explanation, but I've spend the last few days looking, and I wasn't successful in finding anything.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rl8OjrruHMI
Novanious
Old 03-25-2019 , 21:28   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons 3 (Beta 2)
Reply With Quote #200

Quote:
Originally Posted by crafting View Post
I watched that. He only shows how to make a custom weapon, not how to actually modify the base weapons, as in you equip a backburner outside of the server, you join, and its stats are modified. Unless there's a specific point where he mentions actually modifying stock weapons.