Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)

Post New Thread Reply   

kot4404
Old 01-09-2018 , 17:01   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 1-9-18)
Reply With Quote #381

Is there some way I could hide or reduce to minimum my nickname appearing in the spectators line when holding tab? After the survival round ends it despawns me from infected and moves to spectators + makes my nickname visible on the survival round end summary and I would like to hide the admin activity unless I play the normal for the gamemode way + the phase where you choose team.

And back to the plugin, disconnecting from the game as si in non competetive modes leaves the ghost bot probably adding +1 si to the game, making it look strange when other infected classes spawn in custom maps like tank playground where there are 0 normal bots and the tanks are being spawned only from z_spawn command

Last edited by kot4404; 01-09-2018 at 17:11.
NgBUCKWANGS
Old 01-09-2018 , 18:01   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 1-9-18)
Reply With Quote #382

Hello Admin,

Version 1.97p is a quick fix for Admins moving people between teams. Moving people would put the admin in spectator. Sorry about that.
NgBUCKWANGS
Old 01-09-2018 , 18:14   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 1-9-18)
Reply With Quote #383

Quote:
Originally Posted by kot4404 View Post
Is there some way I could hide or reduce to minimum my nickname appearing in the spectators line when holding tab? After the survival round ends it despawns me from infected and moves to spectators + makes my nickname visible on the survival round end summary and I would like to hide the admin activity unless I play the normal for the gamemode way + the phase where you choose team.

And back to the plugin, disconnecting from the game as si in non competetive modes leaves the ghost bot probably adding +1 si to the game, making it look strange when other infected classes spawn in custom maps like tank playground where there are 0 normal bots and the tanks are being spawned only from z_spawn command
I'm not gonna try to hide anything else. The whole idea for SI being playable in coop was from the idea that it could make some games a bit more interesting. It would also give a chance for some people that never played versus to figure the ropes out in a familiar and non hostile environment. Also, I'm hoping to get the switching to SI to work the same way in as many modes as possible. I'll be happy to check out any patches or suggestions but I won't personally pursue it

Disconnecting as a ghost, shouldn't cause your bot to spawn in. If you're spawned in and switch sides, this will leave the bot out roaming for survivors.

You can also extend ABM configuration with a subfolder named "abm" in cfg/sourcemod. In this folder, just put the name of the map you'd like to customize e.g., "l4d2_tanksplayground.cfg" and in the contents, just a couple cvars e.g.,

PHP Code:
abm_unlocksi 0
abm_spawninterval 0
abm_tankchunkhp 1000
abm_autohard 1 
kot4404
Old 01-10-2018 , 14:46   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 1-9-18)
Reply With Quote #384

Could you make it so infected players stay in infected team after round ends? I actually managed to hide the admin myself but the players have no idea what to do to get back into the infected team and it happens every round
NgBUCKWANGS
Old 01-10-2018 , 19:49   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 1-9-18)
Reply With Quote #385

Quote:
Could you make it so infected players stay in infected team after round ends? I actually managed to hide the admin myself but the players have no idea what to do to get back into the infected team and it happens every round
Scratch this update :/

Last edited by NgBUCKWANGS; 01-10-2018 at 22:39.
kot4404
Old 01-12-2018 , 16:15   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 1-10-18)
Reply With Quote #386

I would like to stop bothering you with 500 suggestions and requests but you need to remove the automatic move to infected you last added, l4d2 acts stupid and thinks idle = spectator and i'm not sure you can actually detect that, I also have this problem in another plugin too, now it moves me from idle to infected resulting in ultra strange glitches like godmode survivors in the ghost form that can go through unsolid objects like the infected can and actually interesting thing is you can attack infected in this form (rofl). Also not 100% sure if the automatic team change is the reason but I got few invisible ghost tank situations too, I could literally attack as tank but while being invisible

Last edited by kot4404; 01-12-2018 at 16:16.
NgBUCKWANGS
Old 01-12-2018 , 17:44   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 1-10-18)
Reply With Quote #387

Quote:
I would like to stop bothering you with 500 suggestions and requests but you need to remove the automatic move to infected you last added, l4d2 acts stupid and thinks idle = spectator and i'm not sure you can actually detect that, I also have this problem in another plugin too, now it moves me from idle to infected resulting in ultra strange glitches like godmode survivors in the ghost form that can go through unsolid objects like the infected can and actually interesting thing is you can attack infected in this form (rofl). Also not 100% sure if the automatic team change is the reason but I got few invisible ghost tank situations too, I could literally attack as tank but while being invisible
Thanks for the headsup. If anyone is finding the latest version on the main post a bit buggy for them, I'd suggest falling back to 1.96 through to 1.94. Visit the GitLab link on the main post to get the source. Thanks again
kot4404
Old 01-18-2018 , 13:50   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 1-10-18)
Reply With Quote #388

I went back to 0.1.97p version and I am still occasionaly seeing people join si randomly, its the type of people that have no idea how sourcemod works and never takeover the bots even when the menu appears automatically. They stay dead to the end of the map, the changelevel or restart happens and the dead person starts in the si team
geipoe
BANNED
Old 01-30-2018 , 16:19   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 1-10-18)
Reply With Quote #389

Hello it's me again.It's very uncomfortable to find more players join the SI team and can't join to the survivor team anymore on my coop server.Is that possible to build a ABM version only for the coop mode?It will be really awesome.
Anyway,it's a good plugins i've used,thanks for your hard work.
Sorry for my poor English.
Send a message via ICQ to geipoe Send a message via AIM to geipoe Send a message via Yahoo to geipoe
NgBUCKWANGS
Old 01-30-2018 , 17:14   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 1-10-18)
Reply With Quote #390

If you're having problems with people randomly ending up on SI, roll back to 1.95. I've attached 1.95 to this post. It's been a while so here's an update. I'm currently in the process of breaking all of ABM up into standalone modules that will each rely on a core plugin. It's coming along very nicely but unfortunately there is no ETA on when it'll be the successor of ABM. I've fixed a ton of bugs that I didn't even know existed and the SI module is completely standalone at this point.

When I'm all wrapped up and feel it's ready for testing, I'll update this thread. Sorry for any inconvenience and thank you for your time
Attached Files
File Type: smx abm.smx (45.2 KB, 356 views)
File Type: txt abm.txt (2.1 KB, 372 views)
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (abm.sp - 355 views - 98.7 KB)