Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

CS:GO

Post New Thread Reply   

PMA.Predator
Old 06-03-2012 , 13:05   Re: CS:GO
Reply With Quote #21

Thanks, that fixed my game events

Interesting stuff, I noticed that writing Menuselect 1-10 works when written into console (even when dead). I bound my 0-9 to menuselect so now menuselect 10 fire closes the menu, sadly none of them work when dead still, but as I said, I can manually write it.

Also a note on the messages, if the message starts with a \x0x code, it will be white, you must put something before it, even a whitespace. So " \x04Hello!" will appear in green whereas "\x04Hello!" will be white.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychonic View Post
As for your time issues, the server hibernates until map is started and players are in (and goes back to hibernating when empty). This means that it does not process any ticks, frames.
I'm loading this locally on create a server, it will have a value even if I reload before creating a server to play with bots.

Edit: Judging by the no comment, the ShowMenus are now supposed to be that big? :O (I'm on quite a high resolution)

Edit2:
CCSPlayer::GiveNamedItem(char const*,int) 435 436
Seems to crash, the other two work fine :O

Edit3: Is SourceTV not implemented yet?

Last edited by PMA.Predator; 06-03-2012 at 13:38. Reason: Added last quote as I havn't reloaded post before I replied
Zephyrus
Cool Pig B)
Old 06-03-2012 , 15:52   Re: CS:GO
Reply With Quote #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMA.Predator View Post
Thanks, that fixed my game events

Interesting stuff, I noticed that writing Menuselect 1-10 works when written into console (even when dead). I bound my 0-9 to menuselect so now menuselect 10 fire closes the menu, sadly none of them work when dead still, but as I said, I can manually write it.

Also a note on the messages, if the message starts with a \x0x code, it will be white, you must put something before it, even a whitespace. So " \x04Hello!" will appear in green whereas "\x04Hello!" will be white.

I'm loading this locally on create a server, it will have a value even if I reload before creating a server to play with bots.

Edit: Judging by the no comment, the ShowMenus are now supposed to be that big? :O (I'm on quite a high resolution)

Edit2:
CCSPlayer::GiveNamedItem(char const*,int) 435 436
Seems to crash, the other two work fine :O

i find them quite funky

Last edited by Zephyrus; 06-03-2012 at 15:58.
PMA.Predator
Old 06-04-2012 , 07:30   Re: CS:GO
Reply With Quote #23

Just a curiosity, Is there anywhere we can report things such as the menuselect not firing when dead and zero not firing? It would be nice to know if it's intended / can be fixed before release

I'm thinking of making a post on the Beta forums, just want to check if there is anywhere else for plugin related stuff first

One more question On css is ShowMenu using the radio menu system? (I'm pretty sure it did but I'm not so sure now seeing as the menus in CS:GO are completely different from the showmenu display!). On that question further, can we create a message in the RadioMenu style? They look kinda nice (Except the solid black background!).

Thanks!
- Edd
psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 06-04-2012 , 07:36   Re: CS:GO
Reply With Quote #24

Quote:
Yes, manually binding menuselect will work, but it's unreasonable to expect all clients to rebind their keys.

Quote:
The no comment was from not having any idea why yours are showing like that. For me, they are sized exactly as in CS:S and other games.

Quote:
Just a curiosity, Is there anywhere we can report things such as the menuselect not firing when dead and zero not firing? It would be nice to know if it's intended / can be fixed before release
It's already been reported to them in detail by multiple people through multiple channels. There has been no response so far, but also no CS:GO update in the past couple of weeks. I suspect this is because they've been quite busy readying for E3 this week. We'll have to see what the next update brings.

Quote:
Enabling it works. Haven't tried to join.

Quote:
One more question On css is ShowMenu using the radio menu system? (I'm pretty sure it did but I'm not so sure now seeing as the menus in CS:GO are completely different from the showmenu display!). On that question further, can we create a message in the RadioMenu style? They look kinda nice (Except the solid black background!).
That's correct that the new radio menus are different. The ShowMenu/CHudMenu stuff is probably only still there as a holdover from before. The new radio menus are completely client side, triggering individual radio commands sent to the server by name.
donrevan
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-04-2012 , 08:06   Re: CS:GO
Reply With Quote #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychonic View Post
The no comment was from not having any idea why yours are showing like that. For me, they are sized exactly as in CS:S and other games.
I just wanted to say they're also huged scaled for me(image)
but when changing the resolution it seems to be "fixed"
only with a 1920x1680 res menu's are scaled that huge

Last edited by donrevan; 06-04-2012 at 09:56.
PMA.Predator
Old 06-04-2012 , 09:36   Re: CS:GO
Reply With Quote #26

Here's what my menus are looking like:
http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/123780764-4.jpg
http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/123779879-4.jpg

Let's hope that they've received the feedback and will fix it all

As for the TV, tv_enable no longer works, have they changed the CVar? (I couldn't find it with cvarlist tv_ either )

I suppose we could go back to the helpers as suggested That'll be fun for people!

*One more thing I noticed, we don't require -insecure to load client side plugins anymore, has this been reported? The last thing we want is LSS and such coming back again*

Thanks
- Edd
psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 06-04-2012 , 09:41   Re: CS:GO
Reply With Quote #27

Quote:
As for the TV, tv_enable no longer works, have they changed the CVar? (I couldn't find it with cvarlist tv_ either )
You have to enable it on the startup line (+tv_enable 1) or set it manually from your plugin.
Code:
ConVarRef tv_enable( "tv_enable" );
tv_enable.SetValue( true );
Since L4D and onward, all ConVars without FCVAR_CHEAT, FCVAR_ARCHIVE, FCVAR_USERINFO, or the new FCVAR_RELEASE automatically get FCVAR_DEVELOPMENTONLY added to hide them. There are many, such as tv_enable, that should arguably be unhidden but missed having the FCVAR_RELEASE flag to explicitly not hide.

Setting from the command line either bypasses this or happens before the dev flag gets added. I haven't cared to figure out which.

Last edited by psychonic; 06-04-2012 at 09:41.
PMA.Predator
Old 06-04-2012 , 09:48   Re: CS:GO
Reply With Quote #28

Aha, ok.

Thanks
PMA.Predator
Old 06-16-2012 , 18:08   Re: CS:GO
Reply With Quote #29

Hey, Just another thing I've noticed is that my SayHook and Jointeam hooks are basically not working.

Here's my code for the SayHook (Jointeam is the same except with jointeam..)
Code:
class CSayHook : public ConCommand
{
    ConCommand *m_pGameDLLSayCommand;
    FnCommandCallbackV1_t SayCommandCallback;
public:
    CSayHook() : ConCommand("say", SayCommandCallback, "PMA ~ SayHook", FCVAR_GAMEDLL), m_pGameDLLSayCommand()
    {
    }

void Init()
    {
        ConCommandBase *pPtr = pCvar->FindCommandBase("say");
        if ( !pPtr ) { 
            Msg("Failed to find ConCommandBase for say\n");
            return;
        }
        m_pGameDLLSayCommand = (ConCommand *)pPtr;
        ConCommand::Init();
    }

void Dispatch(const CCommand &command)
    {
          m_pGameDLLSayCommand->Dispatch(command);
    }
};
CSayHook g_SayHook;
Anywho, here are the three errors:

WARNING: unable to link say and say because one or more is a ConCommand.
(And this later on... : Tried to look up command say as if it were a variable.)

Failed to find ConCommandBase for jointeam

I'm pretty sure the jointeam one is because something is hiding it from the scanning, the command itself works fine when entered into console but that's about it.

As for the say one, I'm rather confused because it appears to find the ConCommandBase, but then linking fails because of a mismatch. I had this happen when I tried to hook mp_restartgame and realised it was handled by a CVar so I just catch it in the InstallGlobalChangeCallback function. I just tried adding say to that to see if it was going through there now but it does not and it still says it's a command in cvarlist in console.

Any ideas on whats wrong?

Thanks!
- Edd

Last edited by PMA.Predator; 06-17-2012 at 07:32.