Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Questions with Abilities

Post New Thread Reply   

FurretX
Old 10-09-2021 , 15:55   Questions with Abilities
Reply With Quote #1

Ok, so I have been making FF2 bosses with BatFoxKid’s version for a while now, but I have always relied on people’s abilities that they’ve made and put in this forum. But, I wanted to make a boss for a BVB mode, but the abilities that I think would be interesting don’t exist in this forum. So here’s some questions I have for anyone who stumbles upon this page.

1. What is the easiest way to learn how to create new Rages/Abilities for FF2 bosses from scratch?

2. Is there anyone who is willing to make new abilities for other people?

3. Is there any way to make a specific attribute only activate when the boss Backstabs someone?

Any answers to any of these questions are appreciated.
Owner of FXFF2

“Nothing will ever work first try.”

Feel free to message me, I’ll respond within a few days.
The Great Weegee
Old 10-09-2021 , 21:02   Re: Questions with Abilities
Reply With Quote #2

Quote:
What is the easiest way to learn how to create new Rages/Abilities for FF2 bosses from scratch?
Easiest way to do this would be (IMHO, I'm not by any means an experience programmer):
1.1. Take a subplugin tutorial from official fork's wiki page, which is located here
1.2. Try to do some simple rages, like damaging people in an area around them, or rewrite some of the already published abilities (and by that I mean there's a lot of them, I mean look at least at sarysa's packs) that are either charge abilities or passive ones, or whatever. From what I myself tried to do and see, it's pretty easy - just hook the ability on the start of the round with the parameters, and then call it on FF2_OnAbility2.
Quote:
Is there any way to make a specific attribute only activate when the boss Backstabs someone?
Weapon attributes - have high doubts about that. Such things are pretty much hardcoded. Abilities, however... well you can look into how arg0 works on Batfox/naydef wikis, principles of work for slot argument are pretty much identical in both forks.

Quote:
Is there anyone who is willing to make new abilities for other people?
...that's the answer that I wanted to put as the last one, because it is a little more complicated.

Basically, yes, there are altruists and people who love to code stuff for fun or challenge, but I'm sure they are either already kind of "hired" by other communities or they are shy/don't know of AlliedModders.

Also, everybody kind of values his own work put into this, and just throwing stuff into public and not on a private server basically means that you're throwing your work into the crowd with words "hey guys I don't need this guess this won't be a unique thing anymore", and everybody who values the hours they spent coding stuff usually care about even small plugins unless the thing just dies out, and even then they can just hold stuff because "nope private thing maybe will be useful in the future".

So my best guess could be - try to find them yourself, I guess. Unless some pro will just suddenly pop out of nowhere and prove me wrong, but then I would like to receive some help too.

Last edited by The Great Weegee; 10-09-2021 at 21:04.
Kolaxie
Old 10-10-2021 , 20:28   Re: Questions with Abilities
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurretX View Post
2. Is there anyone who is willing to make new abilities for other people?
Try here! https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=60