Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

FF2 [Abilities] Dynamic Defaults v1.3.2 (many new adds!)

Post New Thread Reply   

sarysa
Old 02-13-2015 , 02:54   [Abilities] Dynamic Defaults v1.3.2 (many new adds!)
Reply With Quote #1

Originally, this plugin was just wheel reinvention, back in the prerelease version. I found SJ/Teleport/Weighdown to be too limited in certain ways, i.e. too much controlled by the FF2 base, buggy, not being able to turn them off briefly, and often malfunctioning with rages I'd write for VSP hales and Saxton v2. In fact that's why it's called Dynamic Defaults...since the goal was to make these abilities mutable during a hale round, and using reflection to allow developers to mutate said abilities during a rage. Since then, this pack has become a set of abilities that not only improve upon the FF2 base, but also add new mobility options such as glide and parkour. This pack contains mobility abilities, abilities that are mainly for developers and don't truly shine without another developer's ability (i.e. dynamic_melee_management would work well with a revamped Sandmen ability) and other things that are core to a hale's configuration, such as handling environmental hazards and offering more customization of movement speed. Many other coders already tie their abilities to Dynamic Default abilities, with SHADoW NiNE TReS probably being the most prolific.

I've provided a bunch of interfaces for developers that allow enabling, disabling, and changing settings and variables (including number of uses) for Super Jump, Teleport, and Weighdown. As of v1.0.0 you these benefits apply to Glide, and you can now offset active cooldowns on SJ/teleport. As of v1.1.0 there is stunsg support, plus developer interfaces for adding stunsg to any rage. As of v1.2.0 there is now support for better customizing the hale's speed over their lifetime. v1.3.0 adds a bunch of brand new things like a Parkour mobility option, a highly customizable and low-bug point teleport, proper melee management, and environmental damage management.

One other change is I scrapped the original timer design and went on the game frame, where I'm most comfortable coding. (though also OnPlayerRunCmd and PreThink when optimal) The slot variable (arg0) is completely ignored as I frankly find this system to be a mess, but jump and teleport support RELOAD and ALT-FIRE modes.

Without further adieu, the list:

dynamic_jump
The same old jump as before, as Eggman made it though oldjump is determined via an argument instead of a cvar. This version also allows the optional multiplier to work with oldjump. I'd like to think the double super jump glitch won't happen with this version. Example usage:
Spoiler

dynamic_weighdown
There's very little different between this version and the traditional weighdown. I've fixed the issue where it stop-starts when the user holds crouch for a long time while looking down. I also added support for setting the gravity that the player should return to when the weighdown ends. (useful if you have rages that also set boss gravity) The main reason you'd use this is it interacts well with abilities like dynamic_jump and dynamic_parkour, as well as other subplugins that support Dynamic Defaults. Example usage:
Spoiler

dynamic_teleport
This one got a major overhaul. I've added optional support for out-of-body teleports, first trying to teleport on top of the hale and then to the side of the hale. If these are turned off, or a suitable location cannot be found (the code doesn't try very hard), it defaults to inside the player. It fixes numerous errors with other implementations including telegoombas, telemelee, and cooldown resetting when cancelling a charge. (it's rare, but it happens and it's the bane of teleport bosses) The particle effect no one knew existed is fixed. Finally, you can set the duration of the stun -- even make it zero if you want. Updated in 1.0.0: Now supports teleporting to same team and teleporting others to you. (and stunning them ) Updated in 1.1.3: You can also now change whether or not you teleport above/to the side of players via code. Makes sense since you already could swap between teleport to team and teleport to enemies. Example usage:
Spoiler

dynamic_glide
Oh hey, a bonus ability. I decided to stick this in here because not only was it a ridiculously easy ability to make (I spent maybe an hour or two about five months ago) I needed a hale to have this as a dynamic ability. (a boss I'm working on who starts weak and gains power steadily over the round) It's basically just like the B.A.S.E. Jumper but way more configurable. Here's an example usage:
Spoiler

dynamic_stunsg
The old stunsg has been replaced with a much more robust version. I've fixed bugs with the original stunsg, like in most but not all cases, the ammo loss glitch should be fixed. With this version you can optionally set arg2 as the distance/radius, if empty it will default back to ragedist. Also, ragespamming will extend the rage (not additive) instead of duplicating particles and having the rage end early. Developer interfaces allow triggering the same sentry stun from the player or any given position of the map. As of v1.1.2 developers have interfaces to freely stun and unstun any sentry by entity index and have it interact well with other sentry stuns that use this plugin. Example:
Spoiler

dynamic_speed_management
Provides more flexibility for speed management than FF2's default. Instead of the typical maxspeed -> maxspeed+65ish that FF2 currently does, you can specify the starting speed and ending speed. You can make starting the same as end, or higher, or lower -- no limits there. It also supports condition handling (i.e. disciplinary action buff), and speed modification for BFB, sniper rifles, bows, and miniguns. You can also change the speed buff/nerfs for all these things. Finally, it includes disguise support and even lets you gain speed from a disguise. (i.e. disguise as a scout) Unlike the other abilities in this package, arg3 and beyond all have default parameters. Everything is on by default except for the disguise speeds. Here's an ability example:
Spoiler

dynamic_parkour
A new mobility option that is meant to be a super jump replacement. The default action key is RIGHT MOUSE but others like MIDDLE MOUSE and RELOAD are acceptable. Allows the user to climb walls and perform a wall jump. You hold the action key to cling to walls, move left-right or up-down (up-down requires you to look slightly in a direction first). Jump off with JUMP. Clinging to walls restores any air dashes a scout might have, if it is a scout. NOTE: If your boss has weighdown, it must be dynamic_weighdown. Otherwise weighdowns will screw up wall climbing. Best demonstrated in this video.
Spoiler

dynamic_melee_management
Useful for when melee weapons are often switched with your ability. It also has the side benefit of ensuring that your main weapon is the same on everyone's server, since this version doesn't add any stats to the weapon. (and for example, Friagram's servers and VSP don't add +200% damage, but the FF2 base does -- not a problem if your melee weapon is declared in dynamic_melee_management!) Example (Epic Scout's melee weapon which does 80-some damage):
Spoiler

dynamic_point_teleport
This was originally sarysa_point_teleport in my fork of Blitzkrieg's abilities and may or may not have been moved to SHADoW's main version. Either way, I figured people would never find it there and it's useful to more than just Blitzkrieg, it's a lot more stable than the war3source/otokiru version, and a lot more configurable as well. Give it a whirl. Example:
Spoiler

dynamic_env_management
If you have my Teleport to Spawn plugin or another plugin that manages this problem, you won't need this. Otherwise, some hales don't handle environmental traps very well. Epic Scout is one of those hales. This ability is for them -- gives them some breathing room instead of a cheap loss of their long waited for turn as hale. Example:
Spoiler

dynamic_stop_taunt
Made for one reason -- rage_preventtaunt stops the hale, and sometimes this doesn't make sense. For example, Epic Scout whose abilities are activated with E but not necessarily at 100 rage. Example:
Spoiler

Developer Interfaces
The interfaces are found in ff2_dynamic_defaults.inc. Due to load order concerns, I had to use reflection instead of natives. A list of interfaces which should be self-explanatory (DD = Dynamic Defaults, DT = dynamic teleport, DJ = Dynamic Jump, DW = Dynamic Weighdown, DG = Dynamic Glide, DSSG = Dynamic Stun Sentry Gun, DSM = Dynamic Speed Management, DMM = Dynamic Melee Management, DP = Dynamic Parkour):
Spoiler

Examples
I've included two examples. None of these are intended for the general public, they only exist for demonstration purposes.
- neohale.cfg is just a straight example of the original stun spamming Saxton Hale with dynamic SJ/weighdown and dynamic stunsg. No changes to his mechanics are intended.
- neohhh.cfg is not a straight example of HHH Jr., instead it showcases some of the new features like out-of-body teleport and is effectively commentary from me that a 45 second interval is too damn long when half the classes can easily get out of reach. It also has dynamic stunsg with a radius specified in the ability itself, which overrides the one in ragedist.

As of v1.2.0 there are four more examples specifically for speed management:
- bfbtest.cfg - Demonstrates Baby Face's Blaster handling, as well as static speed settings
- ninjaspy_speedmgmt.cfg - Demonstrates disguise handling, and also shows RELOAD super jumping.
- gaben_speedmgmt.cfg - Demonstrates Minigun handling, as well as reverse speed settings
- cbs_speedmgmt.cfg - Demonstrates Sniper Rifle and Huntsman handling, as well as "normal" speed settings. (though 200 -> 520 is not normal)

VERSION HISTORY
v0.9.0
- Pre-release with all the basics.
v1.0.0:
- Allows external plugins to execute the teleport code, without requiring the rage in their .cfg file. Should make sequence-of-events rages that include a teleport easier to make.
- Added support for the rare instance that the hale is on RED team. (i.e. shadow93's Redmond/Blutarch)
- Added support for only teleporting to people on the same team as you.
- Added support for reverse teleport (bring player to you)
- Fixed divide by zero issue with zero charge time
- Allows developers to bypass FF2FLAG_HUDDISABLED and still display the HUD for super jump/teleport, useful if a boss has an unusual type of rage or no rage whatsoever.
- Added dynamic_glide ability, which adds support for a B.A.S.E. Jumper like parachute. (plus with all the developer interfaces, enable/disable etc)
- New interfaces which allow offsetting any existing cooldown. (FF2 defaults allow this already though it's a little awkward)
v1.1.0:
- Added dynamic_stunsg.
v1.1.1
- Added two interfaces: DD_GetMobilityCooldown and DD_GetChargePercent
v1.1.2
- Added two interfaces: DSSG_StunOneSentry and DSSG_UnstunOneSentry
- Teleport and Super Jump now used a synchronized HUD. (yep, Chdata has officially converted me with this one)
- Fixed an obscure bug where charged Cow Mangler shot (or a generated Energy Ball projectile manually set to be charged) hitting a sentry would mess with Dynamic StunSG. (Dynamic StunSG can still cause a cow mangler stun to end early, but now the reverse can't happen -- the sentry may still briefly twitch, however)
v1.1.3
- Added one interface: DT_SetAboveSide which allows toggling whether or not teleports can go above or to the side of the target.
- Added Chdata's IN_SCORE fix for the HUD to minimize flicker while the scoreboard is visible.
v1.2.0
- Added dynamic_speed_management and developer interfaces for it, along with sample hales.
- Fixed a bug where RELOAD didn't work at all for SJ or Teleport.
- If a hale for whatever reason has both Super Jump and Teleport active at the same time, it'll only print the Super Jump HUD message instead of wig out. Note that there's currently no support for SJ and Teleport enabled simultaneously, even if they're set to different keys.
v1.3.0
- Added dynamic_parkour
- Added dynamic_melee_management
- Added dynamic_point_teleport
- Added dynamic_env_management
- Added dynamic_stop_taunt
- Fixed interface DSM_SetModifiers
- Added interface DSM_SetOverrideSpeed
- Properly manage Teleport when the boss is a different size than a potential target.
v1.3.1
- Fixed telegoombas that usually affect falling soldiers. Goombas from the hale within 2 seconds of teleport will do zero damage. (and bounces the hale intentionally so it's unlikely they'd telegoomba after 2.1 seconds )
v1.3.2
- Updated dynamic_speed_management's default value for soft stun to 0.75, reflecting Valve's changes made on 2015-10-28.

Known Issues
- Mixing my super jump with the default weighdown will permit instant weighdown after super jump. Same goes for default super jump and my weighdown. If you use dynamic SJ, you should pair it with dynamic weighdown. (teleport never mattered)
- "Slowed" condition cannot be customized by dynamic_speed_management, though there's some deprecated code left in there for slowed. It seems to get applied after PreThink I guess...or maybe the client itself applies it.
- Parkour sometimes derps with thin ramps, like the ones on vsh_weaponsdepot_final

CREDITS:
- sarysa made this plugin.
- Eggman's super jump and a small amount of teleport code has been ported over to this.
- Friagram came up with a similar out-of-body teleport option over a year ago which obviously influenced mine, though I haven't seen the code for his version.
- Chdata for convincing me to switch to synchronized HUD
Attached Files
File Type: zip ff2_dynamic_defaults_1_3_2.zip (88.9 KB, 3130 views)

Last edited by sarysa; 10-31-2015 at 05:56. Reason: v1.3.2 release
sarysa
Old 02-21-2015 , 19:27   Re: [Abilities] Dynamic Defaults + GLIDE v1.0.0 (a better mousetrap)
Reply With Quote #2

Just released v1.0.0. Been working on a few (far-)future hales and I figure this plugin is where I want it to be for another major release. Also added a simple B.A.S.E. Jumper-like dynamic_glide parachute ability.
Old 02-22-2015 , 09:43   Re: [Abilities] Dynamic Defaults + GLIDE v1.0.0 (a better mousetrap)
Reply With Quote #3

What do you mean by mousetrap

need something that disables rotating camera pl0x

You can do that with setclientviewentity, just parent something to the player. The only problem is I'm not sure how to smoothly prevent the actual mercenary from rotating while that's going on.

Last edited by Chdata; 02-22-2015 at 09:44.
sarysa
Old 02-22-2015 , 18:41   Re: [Abilities] Dynamic Defaults + GLIDE v1.0.0 (a better mousetrap)
Reply With Quote #4

What do you mean by rotating camera?

"A better mousetrap" is well, just read this". :p It's fully admitting that the basic abilities here aren't new (except maybe glide, sorta), but it's vastly improved over existing offerings, enough so that hopefully people will find it to be preferable over the existing defaults.

Last edited by sarysa; 02-22-2015 at 18:42.
sglee241
Old 02-22-2015 , 21:08   Re: [Abilities] Dynamic Defaults + GLIDE v1.0.0 (a better mousetrap)
Reply With Quote #5

nice work! it's time to replace default_abilites to this one.
Wliu
Veteran Member
Old 02-22-2015 , 21:15   Re: [Abilities] Dynamic Defaults + GLIDE v1.0.0 (a better mousetrap)
Reply With Quote #6

Nice work sarysa.
Looking over the changes, I have to say:
-You'll definitely be able to set the jump formula in boss configs for v2
-Thank god someone finally fixed weighdown
-But..but...telegoombas D:
-I swore I changed the default HHH teleport time to 25 seconds a while back, but I guess not
-Reverse teleporting is interesting to say the least-I'd like to see some bosses that use that
Veteran Member
Old 02-23-2015 , 11:46   Re: [Abilities] Dynamic Defaults + GLIDE v1.0.0 (a better mousetrap)
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarysa View Post
What do you mean by rotating camera?

"A better mousetrap" is well, just read this". :p It's fully admitting that the basic abilities here aren't new (except maybe glide, sorta), but it's vastly improved over existing offerings, enough so that hopefully people will find it to be preferable over the existing defaults.
Basically setting yaw speed to 0, for things like straight dashes

Last edited by Chdata; 02-23-2015 at 11:47.
friagram
Veteran Member
Old 02-23-2015 , 19:30   Re: [Abilities] Dynamic Defaults + GLIDE v1.0.0 (a better mousetrap)
Reply With Quote #8

Never did like the crouch and look up, or look down and crouch.
sarysa
Old 02-23-2015 , 19:52   Re: [Abilities] Dynamic Defaults + GLIDE v1.0.0 (a better mousetrap)
Reply With Quote #9

Well crouch and look up is still supported in my version.

Look down and crouch is justified because of crouch jumping. When I was helping you test one of your hales, the weighdown mistriggering was driving me nuts. I guess I'm a habitual crouch jumper even when I'm faced with the tiniest obstacle.

Also, here's a video of a hale that uses minion teleport (and has two mobility options):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOkAewRml4Q

I've since changed the charge time to zero since due to the fact she has a medigun that may be fully charged, she'll want to use crouch with her medigun-only crouch. When charge time is zero, look up and crouch is actually a good control scheme for teleport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chdata View Post
Basically setting yaw speed to 0, for things like straight dashes
Oh, you mean like nerfing air strafing. I honestly have no interest in coding this because players will hate it. So sayeth a no raging tryhard who loves the original super jump. (and has played way too many hours of FF2, and is privy to many peoples' opinions from many different communities)

Honestly if you want to end the no raging menace, make players' default attributes so weak that they have no choice. I've made a few strong rage + weak natural stats hales already, none of which resort to stuns either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wliu View Post
-But..but...telegoombas D:
I find it funny that you mentioned telegoombas but not telemelee. Telemelee has been the public teleport exploit, telegoombas only happen on VSP and maybe P3. (unless someone other than Friagram or myself has coded an out-of-body teleport?)

Last edited by sarysa; 02-23-2015 at 20:09.
friagram
Veteran Member
Old 02-24-2015 , 10:50   Re: [Abilities] Dynamic Defaults + GLIDE v1.0.0 (a better mousetrap)
Reply With Quote #10

The thing about crouch jumping is you are supposed to jump and then hold crouch (or if you have a macro, possibly both at the same time). It makes no sense to crouch and then press jump a moment later, that's just bad form (and the only way that would trigger that mechanism)