3% 

FF2 Fujiwara no Mokou life-loss flamethrower trouble

Post New Thread Reply   

CX47103
Old 12-19-2020 , 11:51   Fujiwara no Mokou life-loss flamethrower trouble
Reply With Quote #1

Here is the link from which I downloaded the boss
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...5776?p=1705776

So, basically, I added the boss to my server, and, it is supposed to get a Phlogistinator upon each life loss. But, the problem is, the Phlog gets this weird bug where, the flame particles do not seem to travel very far. In fact, the only way to hit enemies with it is to walk up to them point blank (which, why not use the melee weapon, if you get to the enemy point blank?) making obtaining this weapon kinda useless. A bit harmful to the boss themselves, even, because they seem to automatically switch to the flamethrower, and it takes a few moments to switch back to the melee weapon.

Any ideas how this could be fixed?

Last edited by CX47103; 12-19-2020 at 11:54.
The Great Weegee
Old 12-19-2020 , 12:11   Re: Fujiwara no Mokou life-loss flamethrower trouble
Reply With Quote #2

FF2 has a nasty error which deletes needed hidden attributes on flamethrowers fully, and because of this flames doesn't have neither speed nor any gravity. I would suggest to you to use subplugin like "juegos_flamethrower" or you can manually add everything you need through rage_new_weapon.

Either way you need to check the overlay that is used in the plugin, and also add "rage_overlay" together with "juegos_flamethrower"/"rage_new_weapon" to fully replace Fujiwara's rage (because as far as I'm aware, rage "ep_radimoko" or how is it called comes with an overlay).
Old 12-19-2020 , 18:39   Re: Fujiwara no Mokou life-loss flamethrower trouble
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CX47103 View Post
Here is the link from which I downloaded the boss
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...5776?p=1705776

So, basically, I added the boss to my server, and, it is supposed to get a Phlogistinator upon each life loss. But, the problem is, the Phlog gets this weird bug where, the flame particles do not seem to travel very far. In fact, the only way to hit enemies with it is to walk up to them point blank (which, why not use the melee weapon, if you get to the enemy point blank?) making obtaining this weapon kinda useless. A bit harmful to the boss themselves, even, because they seem to automatically switch to the flamethrower, and it takes a few moments to switch back to the melee weapon.

Any ideas how this could be fixed?
Flamethrowers uses spesific hidden attributes that makes flamethrower work properly, you need to add them. Or if you too lazy to find them you can use juegos's flamthrower subplugin or rip of attributes from them.
My Discord Name: J0BL3SS#5320 | j0bl3ss

I don't really look at steam or alliedmodders, contact me from discord if you need it.