Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Admin Menu problems.

Post New Thread Reply   

Ska
Old 09-17-2008 , 18:45   Admin Menu problems.
Reply With Quote #1

It seems when you do something at first time, problems arу waiting in every corner ;)

So, i'm trying to set up TF2 stand-alone sedicated server on my network (sv_lan 1). My OS is WinXP. Server itself works perfectly, hldsupdatetool downloaded all neccesary files.

The command line which the server is launched with is
Code:
srcds.exe -console -port 27025 +maxplayers 24 -tvmasteronly -tickrate 66 +fps_max 300 +exec server.cfg +map cp_gravelpit
I've installed Metamod:Source 1.6.2 - it also works without any problems. And finally SourceMod. I tryed several versions - 1.0.3, 1.0.4 and your latest snapshot - 1.1.0b. I've installed several plugins on it - such as Advertisments, Basic AFK Manager, Connect\Disconnect Announcer and some others. With plugins, or without them - all versions of SourceMod work properly. All public commands can be used, players connect normally. The only problem that already kills my brain for 3 days - I cant get admin access to server.

I've carefully read the documentation. My server is LAN, so i can authorize myself as admin only through ip or name. SteamID as far as i know is not available on network server. People on local server get STEAM_ID_PENDING, so no authorization through SteamID (Correct me if i'm wrong). Using SM documentation I tryed to edit firstly admins_simple.ini, then when that did not work, i tryed admins.cfg

This is how my admins_simple.ini looks like

through ip:

Code:
"!172.21.2.112"     "99:z"
through name:

Code:
"Ska"                  "99:z"  "g0odn3zz"
(when i used auth through nickname, i've also changed "PassInfoVar" in core.cfg to "tf2s3rv3r" As it's mentioned in documentation is used setinfo tf2s3rv3r g0odnezz command before connecting to server)

and this is admins.cfg

Code:
Admins
{
"Ska"
	{
		"auth"			"ip"
		"identity"		"!172.21.2.112"
                       "flags"			"z"
                       "immunity"                     "99"

}
}
Code:
"Ska"
	{
		"auth"			"name"
		"identity"		"Ska"
                       "flags"			"z"
                       "password"                   "g0odn3zz"

}
}
(as in admins_simple.ini method, i used auth through nickname, i've also changed "PassInfoVar" in core.cfg to "tf2s3rv3r" As it's mentioned in documentation is used setinfo tf2s3rv3r g0odnezz command before connecting to server)

So, both ways give the same result - when i connect to the server and enter sm_admin - it says [SM] You do not have access to this command. The same thing on all admin cvars.

status cvar gives:

Code:
hostname: Team Fortress 2 Server
version : 1.0.4.1/14 3575 insecure  
udp/ip  :  172.21.2.112:27025
map     : cp_granary at: 0 x, 0 y, 0 z
players : 1 (24 max)

# userid name uniqueid connected ping loss state
#  3 "Ska" STEAM_ID_PENDING 01:51 63 0 active
sm_who cvar gives:

Code:
	Name	Username	Admin Access
1.	Ska			none

- I have no any firewall software installed

- Kaspersky Antivirus hasn't found any viruses, and antivirus itself is not causing a problem.

- Tryed to set up Steam Dedicated Sever - after testing appeared it has the same issue.

- Tryed to set my friend from LAN as admin - he also couldn't get to admin menu on my server.

- Tryed to put my real ip (instead of local) to admins.cfg or admins_simple.ini - no result.

- Tryed to use some dumb methods like puting authorization with STEAM_ID_PENDING as SteamID value - of course, it also didnt work.

So, i'm asking you very strongly - help me with this annoying problem. I would be very thankful.

P.S. If, i forgot something to mention, i'll add this later.
bl4nk
SourceMod Developer
Old 09-17-2008 , 19:12   Re: Admin Menu problems.
Reply With Quote #2

Is there a reason you're putting a ! in front of the IP? Also, you don't need to configure both admins_simple.ini and admins.cfg
BAILOPAN
Old 09-18-2008 , 05:35   Re: Admin Menu problems.
Reply With Quote #3

If you're seeing STEAM_ID_PENDING it sounds like you're running a cracked server, which wouldn't be supported in any way here.

Otherwise, there's something wrong with the network on one side of the equation.
Ska
Old 09-18-2008 , 07:01   Re: Admin Menu problems.
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Is there a reason you're putting a ! in front of the IP? Also, you don't need to configure both admins_simple.ini and admins.cfg
I tryed both with ! and without it.

Also I haven't configure files at the same time. Firsly I tryed through admins_simple.ini, then throuh admins.cfg

Quote:
If you're seeing STEAM_ID_PENDING it sounds like you're running a cracked server, which wouldn't be supported in any way here.
My server is 100% legit - i've downloaded it with hldsupdatetool. No changes to binaries were made. Sometimes clients come with STEAM_ID_LAN, sometimes with STEAM_ID_PENDING - i dont know what causes such variation.

Quote:
Otherwise, there's something wrong with the network on one side of the equation.
Can you propose something, maybe what settings of LAN try to mess up with?
Ska
Old 09-23-2008 , 14:07   Re: Admin Menu problems.
Reply With Quote #5

Also, forgot to mantion that i'm trying to connect from localhost.
GyroTarzan
Old 09-27-2008 , 21:18   Re: Admin Menu problems.
Reply With Quote #6

Ska, have you find any solution for this yet, i have same problem on our
lanserver.
Send a message via ICQ to GyroTarzan Send a message via MSN to GyroTarzan
BAILOPAN
Old 09-28-2008 , 00:20   Re: Admin Menu problems.
Reply With Quote #7

It could be a bug, might want to file a bug report. I don't know how tested SourceMod's LAN support is.
HiJacker
Old 09-29-2008 , 04:12   Re: Admin Menu problems.
Reply With Quote #8

Code:
Admins
{
"Ska"
    {
        "auth"            "steam"
        "identity"        "STEAM_ID_LAN"
                       "flags"            "z"

}
}
And go to addons/sourcemod/configs/core.cfg
and find line :
Code:
    "PassInfoVar"            "_password"
and change it to :
Code:
    "PassInfoVar"            "_pw"
When you did that last change, and you will use admin rights on name, then you will need to add into your client config on css :
Code:
setinfo _pw "password"
And change attribudes on config : Only for read.
GyroTarzan
Old 09-29-2008 , 12:29   Re: Admin Menu problems.
Reply With Quote #9

Thanks, will try that later
Send a message via ICQ to GyroTarzan Send a message via MSN to GyroTarzan
Ska
Old 10-07-2008 , 12:01   Re: Admin Menu problems.
Reply With Quote #10

I solved the problem by using nickname method. Ip variant doesnt work for some reason. Used admins_simple.ini way, but it works through admins.cfg aswell.

As it's mentioned in documentation you should put password on your server (sourcemod/configs/core.cfg - PassInfoVar) and after entering the game and before connecting you have to type setinfo <serverpass> <yourpass>. After that connect on your server and change your name to any other and than again to yours (set as administrators one). Now sm_admin works and menu will be shown. Works with offline and online.

If theres some problems with name changing - use setinfo name <yourname>.

I hope that helps somebody. Cheers