Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Achievements

Post New Thread Reply   

gabuch2
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-08-2011 , 15:33   Re: Achievements
Reply With Quote #81

This sounds great, can you make it more "GoldSource" and less "CS-Specific"? I mean this can be great in other games than CS, like NS, TS, SC and HL itself.

Just sayin'
Old 03-09-2011 , 14:25   Re: Achievements
Reply With Quote #82

Maybe you can make some achievements top? Where show`s who completed most of ach? And it would better if there where some kind of /achrank, where players,can see their completed ach. Because present system, where you must find your completed ach in 6 pages are a little bit annoying. In one of first release there were better system, where in ach list you saw all ach in one page.
Send a message via Skype™ to TzK
Tirant
Veteran Member
Old 03-09-2011 , 16:26   Re: Achievements
Reply With Quote #83

I don't think this plugin is very applicable and customizable. If you really wanted something like this to really work, you should make it more of a base achievements plugin and then have other plugins be addons and register their own achievements. A simple example you might understand is how zombie mods handle the zombie classes, but zombie classes themselves are extra addons. Your plugin then would only handle saving and rewarding the achievement. This would add loads of support for other mods and also allow players to make their own achievements and also choose which ones they want and don't want. It's up to you, but recoding the entire system would be in your best interest if you want it to flourish.

A major advantage of having addon achievements as well is that that would add support for external plugins as well that have good natives. (like various zombie mods or other such things)

PM me if you're interested in buying the Credits addition for Base Builder
Battlefield Rebirth [66% done]
Call of Duty: MW2 [100% done]
Base Builder [100% done]
mabaclu
Old 03-09-2011 , 18:35   Re: Achievements
Reply With Quote #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by TzK View Post
Maybe you can make some achievements top? Where show`s who completed most of ach? And it would better if there where some kind of /achrank, where players,can see their completed ach. Because present system, where you must find your completed ach in 6 pages are a little bit annoying. In one of first release there were better system, where in ach list you saw all ach in one page.
That would be useful, I made an Achievements API and it would be nice if Pastout could code the ranking system for us.
Old 03-09-2011 , 23:40   Re: Achievements
Reply With Quote #85

This is a very nice plugin. You should add global achievements like 500 grenade kills, 200 knife kills, and ones like that. When you release the API I'll make some to add to the list. If possible I also think you should release a motd that shows players who have the most achievements on the server. It can add a little bit of competition and fun to the players on the server.

Last edited by Killer12201; 03-09-2011 at 23:42.
ardi
Old 03-11-2011 , 12:37   Re: Achievements
Reply With Quote #86

Could you make it if some one earn an achievment it shows in chat
Player has earned achiement [Name of achievment]
Send a message via Skype™ to ardi
Killer12201
Old 03-11-2011 , 22:54   Re: Achievements
Reply With Quote #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardi View Post
Could you make it if some one earn an achievment it shows in chat
Player has earned achiement [Name of achievment]
It does do this I think. I have seen it unless its only a admin think.
Old 03-12-2011 , 08:44   Re: Achievements
Reply With Quote #88

PHP Code:
Print( 0"^4[Achievement]^3 %s^1 has earned ^3'^1You've Made Your Points damage^3'^4 achievement!"szName 
It already gives that information
Old 03-19-2011 , 09:35   Re: Achievements
Reply With Quote #89

+1
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-21-2011 , 13:59   Re: Achievements
Reply With Quote #90

I think the hat trick should be 2 kills with a grenade not 3, 3's always been a problem for most people.