Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[L4D2] Hidden Ability Hints - Alerts players to enabled abilities with hint text 1.6b

Post New Thread Reply   

Thraka
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-10-2009 , 12:02   Re: [L4D] Hidden Ability Hints - Alerts players to crawling and smoker release featur
Reply With Quote #21

Ok I'll look into this today.
Thraka
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-10-2009 , 14:53   Re: [L4D] Hidden Ability Hints - Alerts players to crawling, smoker or hunter release
Reply With Quote #22

I believe I've addressed all the bugs. Thanks for the feedback all.
AngryVag
Old 07-10-2009 , 17:40   Re: [L4D] Hidden Ability Hints - Alerts players to crawling, smoker or hunter release
Reply With Quote #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thraka View Post
I believe I've addressed all the bugs. Thanks for the feedback all.
Cool, how about a download for 1.2?
Old 07-10-2009 , 17:50   Re: [L4D] Hidden Ability Hints - Alerts players to crawling, smoker or hunter release
Reply With Quote #24

HiddenAbilityHints.sp is always the latest.
p4tch3r
Old 07-15-2009 , 11:06   Re: [L4D] Hidden Ability Hints - Alerts players to crawling, smoker or hunter release
Reply With Quote #25

This plugin is great, all players are loving it.

With the hunter release activated the gameplay becomes realy difficult for the survivors, in skilled hands your campaign will be short.

1 little bug, is when u pounce the surviver, and he crawls the hunter release gets bugged.
An other remark we got was that the players prefer the second mouse button or any but the now used 1, for the hunter release.

Otherwise, great work Thraka.
Old 07-15-2009 , 13:33   Re: [L4D] Hidden Ability Hints - Alerts players to crawling, smoker or hunter release
Reply With Quote #26

Yeah the plugin just lets them know when they can use the ability. The game controls the usage of that ability, and the game itself lets them crawl while pounced. I should be able to make another plugin that doesn't let them move when pounced (blockes the move commands)
olj
Veteran Member
Old 07-16-2009 , 03:43   Re: [L4D] Hidden Ability Hints - Alerts players to crawling, smoker or hunter release
Reply With Quote #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thraka View Post
Yeah the plugin just lets them know when they can use the ability. The game controls the usage of that ability, and the game itself lets them crawl while pounced. I should be able to make another plugin that doesn't let them move when pounced (blockes the move commands)
Is it true that you cant BLOCK commands until you have 1.3?
Thraka
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-16-2009 , 12:53   Re: [L4D] Hidden Ability Hints - Alerts players to crawling, smoker or hunter release
Reply With Quote #28

Well you can, but it's CPU intensive.
imbullg0d
Old 07-20-2009 , 14:07   Re: [L4D] Hidden Ability Hints - Alerts players to crawling, smoker or hunter release
Reply With Quote #29

Thraka,

Take a look at this thread and tell me what you think please?
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=97671

It's kinda the same thing sorta..
Thraka
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-21-2009 , 12:31   Re: [L4D] Hidden Ability Hints - Alerts players to crawling, smoker or hunter release
Reply With Quote #30

Sure I'll look through it. But this plugin is far from that. This displays a hint text in the center of the screen to the player during the appropriate game conditions.