Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D2] Server stuck and hibernate after map load failed

Post New Thread Reply   

winged_box
Old 10-27-2020 , 02:36   [L4D2] Server stuck and hibernate after map load failed
Reply With Quote #1

Sometimes people who hosted custom map will end up on my server and there will be a map load failed error message.

After that, my server will just stuck/hang. You won't be able to find my server from the bottom right 'Steam Group Servers' and you also won't be able to join.

Still at the server console page, if I type anything on the console, the message 'server waking up from hibernation' will appeared and some other message that says which player has been dropped from the server subsequently appeared.

Even the game difficulty got changed.

It seems to me the server just hang/stuck, go into hibernation the moment when map load failed and the person who hosted the game overwrite my game difficulty as well.

I'm not sure how I can resolve this, please help.

Last edited by winged_box; 10-27-2020 at 03:23.
Lux
Veteran Member
Old 10-27-2020 , 13:38   Re: [L4D2] Server stuck and hibernate after map load failed
Reply With Quote #2

From what you said sounds like your server is advertising campaigns that but don't have the bsp files.
you maybe unpacked vpks and installed them that way and deleted bsp files at later date.

That error will certainly break the server requiring a restart to beable to function again.
Nothing much i can help you with.

Commission me for L4D