Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[L4D2 + L4D] pouncedamage+ - Hunter Uncapping & Modification [+ Stats] v0.9.6

Post New Thread Reply   

Blakeocity
Old 12-25-2009 , 23:47   Re: [L4D2 + L4D] pouncedamage+ - Hunter Uncapping & Modification [+ Stats]
Reply With Quote #21

Fantastic, it now works perfectly for me!

!pdptop and !pdpstats and now working as they should be. 100%.

An amazing plugin you have here, thanks a lot.

Just one more quick question, do you see any problem with disabling guests having their pounces deleted, and just clear everything every 20 days or so?

Should I expect something to go wrong this way? Like the file becoming corrupt for being used that long without having anything cleared?

Last edited by Blakeocity; 12-26-2009 at 04:01.
Downtown1
Veteran Member
Old 12-26-2009 , 03:34   Re: [L4D2 + L4D] pouncedamage+ - Hunter Uncapping & Modification [+ Stats]
Reply With Quote #22

Would using this
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=111684

Make the infected score properly update when extra damage is dealt?
mustafata
Old 12-26-2009 , 08:30   Re: [L4D2 + L4D] pouncedamage+ - Hunter Uncapping & Modification [+ Stats]
Reply With Quote #23

Works fine with me !!! Thank you !!!
extrospect
Old 12-26-2009 , 11:57   Re: [L4D2 + L4D] pouncedamage+ - Hunter Uncapping & Modification [+ Stats]
Reply With Quote #24

Cheers for testing it out for me and glad it works for you all now =), I dunno exactly how well the keyvalues system copes with massive files, just keep an eye on the file size of pdpstats.txt (in the root folder), I prolly wouldn't let it get much over a couple hundred kb, but as I say, I haven't tested it's limits yet. You might wanna just periodically lower the guest timeout to somethin like 30 or 15 days and then clean the file (with pdpstats_clean_statsfile), just to get rid of really old results every now and again .

Thanks for the info downtown, I don't really get how it works but I've just tried out a little test plugin I made from it, and it looks like it will definitely work perfectly for applying all 3 kinds of damage [normal, to temp hp & incap dmg] whilst also giving the attacking client the points . So thanks a lot for pointing me to that, it's exactly what I needed =].

I'll try and get the plugin rewritten to use the new way to apply the dmg as soon as I can, new version (with infected scoring :>) should be up in the next couple of days .

Last edited by extrospect; 12-26-2009 at 21:32.
extrospect
Old 12-28-2009 , 11:14   Re: [L4D2 + L4D] pouncedamage+ - Hunter Uncapping & Modification [+ Stats]
Reply With Quote #25

Sorry guys, but I'm removing the noSteamID support from the plugin after stumbling across this post. Don't want to risk getting the thread closed for supporting something sourcemod isn't supposed to .
Blakeocity
Old 12-28-2009 , 12:34   Re: [L4D2 + L4D] pouncedamage+ - Hunter Uncapping & Modification [+ Stats]
Reply With Quote #26

Fair enough, just so you know, I am a legitimate user.

I was just having troubles getting the table to work, which turns out was probably my fault anyhow after fiddling with the source a little bit.

Keep up your work on this one, It's great watching it grow.
extrospect
Old 12-28-2009 , 13:30   Re: [L4D2 + L4D] pouncedamage+ - Hunter Uncapping & Modification [+ Stats]
Reply With Quote #27

Since the nosteam fix sorted whatever issue you had and your server is legit, I guess it should be fine for me to put it back in without worrying about ppl thinkin I'm encouraging cracked servers etc. ; will put it back into the next version, I can always remove it again if asked to ^^.

I have the infected scoring from that link downtown put up working pretty flawlessly now, the only limitation is that it can't "negatively-correct" hunter scores, what I mean by that is - while the new method can add to a hunter's score for when they exceed the ingame cap or when pounce dmg is scaled > 1, but it cannot subtract from a hunter's score for when scale is < 1 [I've tried allowing negative value thru the deal damage function but it doesn't work, however, I still don't fully get the method used by the function so maybe I will figure it out yet ^,^]. So scaling < 1 currently uses the old method and hunters will score as they would if scale were set to 1, but the victims will experience less damage, despite the hunter getting a few extra points .

I'm currently working on hooking into the ingame pounce dmg messages and hope to get this included in the next version too, will have to see how testing goes but there should be something new up in the next couple of days [definitely featuring hunter scoring, maybe with ingame msgs too :>].

Last edited by extrospect; 12-29-2009 at 18:56.
Blakeocity
Old 12-30-2009 , 02:34   Re: [L4D2 + L4D] pouncedamage+ - Hunter Uncapping & Modification [+ Stats]
Reply With Quote #28

Great, just another idea.
I don't know if you'd be able to do it if the way I understand how this works is right.

But would an option that allows admins to delete the high score table, but keeps peoples !pdpstats possible and the stats they see upon connecting be possible?

Just so the server can have a fresh High scores list without resetting everyones data.

Last edited by Blakeocity; 12-30-2009 at 12:32.
extrospect
Old 12-30-2009 , 15:22   Re: [L4D2 + L4D] pouncedamage+ - Hunter Uncapping & Modification [+ Stats]
Reply With Quote #29

Unfortunately, the way it is at the moment, the highscores is generated fresh everytime by the plugin obtaining & sorting everyone's personal best pounces (which are stored as a single keyvalue within each player's section in the stats file) in order - so the best I could do would be to create a function to set everyone's personal best keyvalue back to zero which would mean players would get 'Highest Dmg Pounce - 0 dmg' in !pdpstats afterwards, but all their other stats would remain intact [# pounces, total dmg etc etc].

I have been debating whether to add a new entry in the stats file (one not assigned to any player) specfically for storing the top <n> (say 100 or 250) damage pounces done on the server. This way the stats would no longer be 1-entry-per-player but a true list of the top pounces - which runs the risk of the admins/regulars completely filling it with only the occasional randomer in there. I haven't quite figured how I could do it or even if it's a good idea yet though.

The alternative I've been considering is simply to store more top damage pounces per player (say store each player's top 5 pounces rather than just their best) and then order ALL of these to give the top <n>, so a player can have multiple entries but only upto how many top pounces are stored for each player - the drawback being the stats file will be a little inflated by adding new items to each player's stats [I can probably compensate for this tho by making the existing key names shorter].

Have also been pondering the idea of collecting ALL stats into a 'server' section (in addition to collecting them into the individual user sections) [got the idea after seeing the nosteam keyvalues file where all the stats had written into the same section] which would allow users to compare their stats to server averages [average # of pounces, average # dmg pounces, average pounces/dmg pounces ratio etc. kinda thing], not sure it's worth it though.

Any thoughts on which direction I should take it would be appreciated though , and from there I should be able to make something to clear the top pounces, depending on which way I go about storing/retrieveing them.

Last edited by extrospect; 12-30-2009 at 15:32.
Downtown1
Veteran Member
Old 12-30-2009 , 21:50   Re: [L4D2 + L4D] pouncedamage+ - Hunter Uncapping & Modification [+ Stats]
Reply With Quote #30

Looking good! Would you kindly impact the following changes necessary for approval:
  • Check if mod is l4d/l4d2 and fail to load if not.
  • Prefix all CVARs with l4d_
  • Make a version CVAR and specify it in your Plugin Description fields in this thread.

Last edited by Downtown1; 12-30-2009 at 23:11.