Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

The so-called "LUA Source Scripting" plugin for clients.

Post New Thread Reply   

Nowayz
Old 03-23-2010 , 20:56   Re: The so-called "LUA Source Scripting" plugin for clients.
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle12 View Post
There's the old nickname Now to see if you're still DDoSing people

You were saying you don't advocate Cyber terrorism? Right... and I'm the king of England.
Baseless claims.
Only way to get something patched quickly is to have public releases, you should know this.

Last edited by psychonic; 03-23-2010 at 21:43. Reason: /sigh
Kigen
BANNED
Old 03-23-2010 , 22:57   Re: The so-called "LUA Source Scripting" plugin for clients.
Reply With Quote #12

VALVe isn't always on top of exploits, besides its obvious from the LSS forum LSS was intended to replace Test_Scripts but has since expanded to do things like Auto-BHop and what not. It doesn't need to exist.
tigerox
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-24-2010 , 14:28   Re: The so-called "LUA Source Scripting" plugin for clients.
Reply With Quote #13

I had originally changed our server to kick for openscripts but after looking at their forums it is clear why it was developed.

Permanent bans are the best way to go. Someone just released a new version using Lua-Engine/Lua-Engine_version as cvars. Add them if you want to catch these people too.
Old 03-24-2010 , 15:00   Re: The so-called "LUA Source Scripting" plugin for clients.
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kigen View Post
Stop advocating server exploitation and cheating and you won't have a problem. Your forums are filled with people who wish nothing better than to crash and exploit servers. That is why I've made the determination to classify LSS as a cheat.
To me, it does not seem like he is advocating exploits and cheating (by my definitions). I personally love LSS and plan to learn more lua to try to benefit the scripting community. I only got LSS for bhopping because I don't have a mouse wheel (I use a trackball). Don't bash him for the intentions of some minges, congratulate him for achieving a new system of success for others.
I'm not saying I don't agree with your views, I just think you're too focused on the negative powers of LSS.
tigerox
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-24-2010 , 15:15   Re: The so-called "LUA Source Scripting" plugin for clients.
Reply With Quote #15

Maybe if the LSS community did not allow people to post malicious scripts on their forums people would have a better view of them.

Right now most of the LSS stuff is exploits or BHop scritps. As it was stated before, this is not needed.
Old 03-24-2010 , 17:22   Re: The so-called "LUA Source Scripting" plugin for clients.
Reply With Quote #16

Just to put the word out, KAC global bans for using LSS bypasses will not be unbanned and will remain permanent.
Choucas
Old 03-24-2010 , 19:47   Re: The so-called "LUA Source Scripting" plugin for clients.
Reply With Quote #17

It seems that they have already found a way to bypass KAC(partly, I guess)

In another thread, they said they will make a polymorphic version of LUA...

The good news is that KAC become more and more kwown and used by server admins so cheaters start to care of this nice plug-in

Last edited by Kigen; 03-25-2010 at 00:00. Reason: Removed URL
Kigen
BANNED
Old 03-25-2010 , 00:01   Re: The so-called "LUA Source Scripting" plugin for clients.
Reply With Quote #18

Ya, I'm aware of their attempts to bypass KAC. I'll monitor it as it develops.
-Absolute-
Old 03-25-2010 , 10:56   Re: The so-called "LUA Source Scripting" plugin for clients.
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarBitch
>.< just change the command to openscript to 0penscript
I did that
you should just ban them if they have any command which isnt in the normal CSS

Last edited by devicenull; 03-26-2010 at 21:25.
EzzCargo
Old 03-25-2010 , 14:55   Re: The so-called "LUA Source Scripting" plugin for clients.
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kigen View Post
Ya, I'm aware of their attempts to bypass KAC. I'll monitor it as it develops.
Stop taking the easy road out. You need to actually block the EXPLOITS, not the plugin. If you keep just blocking the cvars/plugins then people will just get around it. If you block the actual malicious exploits then people will be able to use the good scripts without bothering anyone. I understand your predicament and respect most of your choices, but permabanning on a cvar when people can change the cvar in about 2 minutes is just a bit over the top. You're better than that. We all know that. Please do the right thing. Don't take the easy way out.