Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

help! with server lag!

Post New Thread Reply   

isaacx2k1
Old 12-03-2004 , 13:01   help! with server lag!
Reply With Quote #1

I dont know if this has already been in the forums or not, because i just signed up for it... well here is my problem.

I run HLDS from steam menu, it works like a charm even if i have a router
but the problem is that it works fine for other people in my server but when i join the game, the ping goes up to near 400-500...

I run the server on the same machine as the cs game

I have a pretty decent computer, cable connection.
people told me to join with my "internal" ip and let other people join though my "external" ip... i tried and it dose not work.

Sometimes i cant even join because during the loading screen in cs it gets stuck right before it reaches the "sucurity module" download.

PLEASE HELP!
f1del1ty.oXi
Veteran Member
Old 12-03-2004 , 17:34  
Reply With Quote #2

I'm looking into this, slowly but surely. This also happened while installing AMX, but I truely do not think it's the mod.

My clan members have tried, and both of them, whenever they joined, the pings wuold spike up to about 1000, even theirs! When they alt tabbed out though, the pings went back down to normal. They had the same configuration as I did, and I run my perfectly fine! Also, my best friend, who lives 5 minutes away from me and has the same cable connection as I do (from the same company), has had no problems with HIS either.

I'm thinking it's a cable company issue, or somehting about your conenction, but I'm looking into this. I have a couple of people who have friends who can try it also (Who also have the same cable company) to see if it makes any difference!

Have you tried it without AMXX mod by any chance?
isaacx2k1
Old 12-03-2004 , 17:38  
Reply With Quote #3

yea i did.... i think its mainly because the router... do u ahve a router? and how about ur friend who has same connection?
f1del1ty.oXi
Veteran Member
Old 12-03-2004 , 17:50  
Reply With Quote #4

I have a router, my friend does not.

The one who lagged first did NOT have a router, and the other did.

It's not the router. lol.
vashx
Old 12-06-2004 , 12:55  
Reply With Quote #5

is it a listen server or a dedicated server.

If its a listen server well thats your problem its never a good idea to join your own server from the same machine as the server.
f1del1ty.oXi
Veteran Member
Old 12-06-2004 , 15:50  
Reply With Quote #6

Huh? Vash, I hope you know that listen servers get no lag whatsoever on your computer.

nd if you READ his post, he's running an HLDS, not a listen server.

So pretty much your post was useless. =\
pointblankxial
Old 12-06-2004 , 17:57  
Reply With Quote #7

well i run a dedicated server with superheros and bunch of other mods and stuff i even run music i got a router and cable connection and to me my comp sucks but when i enter my server, yes i play on my server same comp its running on i get barly any lag most of the time i have below 20 ping in my server. So either your comp realy realy sucks or something wrong with your comp.
Send a message via AIM to pointblankxial
f1del1ty.oXi
Veteran Member
Old 12-06-2004 , 19:55  
Reply With Quote #8

..It's not the computer. We've been over this many times.

MY old 450 MHz PIII works fine for a server, although it lags. But not terribly.