Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

RELEASE | SPEdit - a lightweight sourcepawn editor - NEW: Object-Browser/Translations

Post New Thread Reply   

Maxximou5
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-20-2016 , 15:32   Re: RELEASE | SPEdit - a lightweight sourcepawn editor - NEW: Dynamic Autocomplete/Is
Reply With Quote #171

I gave mine a try, it updated without issue. Let me know if you need any information to better help finding the issue, but at least it does update for some of us on the first try.
WildCard65
Veteran Member
Old 06-20-2016 , 17:15   Re: RELEASE | SPEdit - a lightweight sourcepawn editor - NEW: Dynamic Autocomplete/Is
Reply With Quote #172

Mine crashed after first try, I believe it was caused by me aborting the scan Avast started on it, 2nd time worked perfectly.
dubbeh
Old 06-21-2016 , 08:54   Re: RELEASE | SPEdit - a lightweight sourcepawn editor - NEW: Dynamic Autocomplete/Is
Reply With Quote #173

Thanks for creating this awesome tool, using it for all SourceMod development.

Mine auto-updated perfectly fine under Windows 10 without any issues. This was with an almost fresh install after upgrading OS a few days ago.
Old 06-23-2016 , 18:48   Re: RELEASE | SPEdit - a lightweight sourcepawn editor - NEW: Dynamic Autocomplete/Is
Reply With Quote #174

I love this ide, but recent updates are a tad annoying with the auto-closing of brackets and parentheses. With brackets, the automatically created closing bracket always ends up being one tab too short. With parentheses I keep typing too many of them because I am used to typing out the second parentheses and other ide's recognize this.

EDIT: Noticed that there is an option to disable automatic closing brackets. Thanks for putting that in there. I love that your IDE is starting to have features that professional development environments have, and as with all new features some fine tuning may or may not be needed.

Last edited by Chief149; 06-23-2016 at 18:53.
Drixevel
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-24-2016 , 18:37   Re: RELEASE | SPEdit - a lightweight sourcepawn editor - NEW: Dynamic Autocomplete/Is
Reply With Quote #175

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief149 View Post
I love this ide, but recent updates are a tad annoying with the auto-closing of brackets and parentheses. With brackets, the automatically created closing bracket always ends up being one tab too short. With parentheses I keep typing too many of them because I am used to typing out the second parentheses and other ide's recognize this.

EDIT: Noticed that there is an option to disable automatic closing brackets. Thanks for putting that in there. I love that your IDE is starting to have features that professional development environments have, and as with all new features some fine tuning may or may not be needed.
You should try to get used to it if you already haven't as it will increase the speed of your work by a ton.

On a side note: I'd like to request a feature where when you type the ending parenthesis, instead of typing another letter for the end portion of the parenthesis like the auto-completion likes to do, it just moves the insertion point to the end of the function past the parameter instantly so you can either put a semicolon or put a starting bracket faster.
Chief149
Old 06-27-2016 , 12:14   Re: RELEASE | SPEdit - a lightweight sourcepawn editor - NEW: Dynamic Autocomplete/Is
Reply With Quote #176

Well what's the point of pressing the arrow key to move my cursor past the () or {} or [] that gets placed there automatically when I can simply use the actual () {} [] keys that are already right there at my fingertips. Even in other ide's you have to do one or the other.

I think in Visual studio it will skip past the symbols when you type certain characters indicating that you are moving on to the next portion of your code. The problem I have is that it is utter crap at doing this and I find myself mistyping things because the IDE can't follow what I am thinking.
boomix
Old 06-28-2016 , 13:23   Re: RELEASE | SPEdit - a lightweight sourcepawn editor - NEW: Dynamic Autocomplete/Is
Reply With Quote #177

I again wanted to say, just awesome editor.

Would be cool, if you could try to make when you try to open file that is already opened in tab list, it switches to that tab, not shows the error message.

Over here is examples in the images.
http://prntscr.com/bm7tti -> http://prntscr.com/bm7v2e , not shows this one http://prntscr.com/bm7ut6 .

Last edited by boomix; 06-28-2016 at 13:24.
Neuro Toxin
Veteran Member
Old 06-28-2016 , 19:30   Re: RELEASE | SPEdit - a lightweight sourcepawn editor - NEW: Dynamic Autocomplete/Is
Reply With Quote #178

Is there any way to change the auto complete fill button from space to tab?

Using space is full retarded. Not a bit or half. Full retarded.
Old 06-29-2016 , 15:43   Re: RELEASE | SPEdit - a lightweight sourcepawn editor - NEW: Dynamic Autocomplete/Is
Reply With Quote #179

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuro Toxin View Post
Is there any way to change the auto complete fill button from space to tab?

Using space is full retarded. Not a bit or half. Full retarded.
arthurdead
Old 07-11-2016 , 04:21   Re: RELEASE | SPEdit - a lightweight sourcepawn editor - NEW: Dynamic Autocomplete/Is
Reply With Quote #180

could you add an option to change the compile command so i can use a script instead of spcomp.exe

also if you delete the sourcepawn\temp folder and try to compile somenthing it crashes

Last edited by arthurdead; 07-11-2016 at 06:54.