Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

About Counter-Strike 1.6 And Counter Strike Global Offensive.

Post New Thread Reply   

^SmileY
Veteran Member
Old 08-07-2014 , 12:21   Re: About Counter-Strike 1.6 And Counter Strike Global Offensive.
Reply With Quote #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshknifer View Post
Last time "Vivo" went on a rant about Valve not fixing 1.6, he got his account banned...

Some people never learn I guess...

soo valve.alliedmods.net not more forums.alliedmods.net?

- See my Git Hub: https://github.com/SmileYzn
PHP Code:
set_pcvar_num(pCvar, !get_pcvar_num(pCvar)); 
Send a message via MSN to ^SmileY Send a message via Skype™ to ^SmileY
AmineKyo
فوق سريرك
Old 08-07-2014 , 12:40   Re: About Counter-Strike 1.6 And Counter Strike Global Offensive.
Reply With Quote #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
Amen brother.
Best part 3:00
Quote:
It's actually amusing if you read the Fortress Forever forum too
never knew about it, thanks.
Quote:
where they've spent time arguing that Spy needs some sort of movement boost other than grenade jumping. Because being able to throw grenades while staying disguised and being able to one hit kill other players via melee from behind isn't powerful enough already. One suggestion was a grapple hook...
Spy is much OP but I still feel its a bit 'nerfed' at some engages/movements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ^SmileY View Post
soo valve.alliedmods.net not more forums.alliedmods.net?
I know what you mean, but staying away from problems as much as possible won't hurt, because who knows how much would a guy waste money to make a lot of fuss just because someone ate his burger.

Last edited by AmineKyo; 08-07-2014 at 12:40.
TheDS1337
Veteran Member
Old 08-07-2014 , 13:01   Re: About Counter-Strike 1.6 And Counter Strike Global Offensive.
Reply With Quote #23

what about the Source 2 Engine ?
^SmileY
Veteran Member
Old 08-07-2014 , 14:25   Re: About Counter-Strike 1.6 And Counter Strike Global Offensive.
Reply With Quote #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmineKyo View Post
I know what you mean, but staying away from problems as much as possible won't hurt, because who knows how much would a guy waste money to make a lot of fuss just because someone ate his burger.
Why a plasyer ask for cs 1.6 updates (IN THIS FORUM NOT AT OFFICIAL PLACE FROM VALVE)
will get banned?

Soo alliedmods is affiliated from valve? [/sarcasm]

- See my Git Hub: https://github.com/SmileYzn
PHP Code:
set_pcvar_num(pCvar, !get_pcvar_num(pCvar)); 
Send a message via MSN to ^SmileY Send a message via Skype™ to ^SmileY
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-07-2014 , 14:58   Re: About Counter-Strike 1.6 And Counter Strike Global Offensive.
Reply With Quote #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeagLe.Studio View Post
what about the Source 2 Engine ?
That's interesting... although DOTA2 itself is still Source 1 (it's a modified version of the same engine CS:GO uses, which itself is modified Portal 2, which is modified L4D2...)

Edit:
Incidentally, there were screenshots in the past (looking for them online now) of the source code tree of the Source 2 install they were demoing L4D2 map upgrades from that said which games were being ported to Source 2.

Edit 2: Found the L4D2 map upgrades screenshots #1 and #2) but not the source code tree image.

Last edited by Powerlord; 08-07-2014 at 15:05.
TheDS1337
Veteran Member
Old 08-07-2014 , 15:06   Re: About Counter-Strike 1.6 And Counter Strike Global Offensive.
Reply With Quote #26

Quote:
That's interesting... although DOTA2 itself is still Source 1 (it's a modified version of the same engine CS:GO uses, which itself is modified Portal 2, which is modified L4D2...)

Edit:
Incidentally, there were screenshots in the past (looking for them online now) of the source code tree of the Source 2 install they were demoing L4D2 map upgrades from that said which games were being ported to Source 2.

Edit 2: Found the L4D2 map upgrades screenshots #1 and #2) but not the source code tree image.
True, I already saw those screenshots of the imported map of l4d2 from source to source 2 engine
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 08-07-2014 , 15:28   Re: About Counter-Strike 1.6 And Counter Strike Global Offensive.
Reply With Quote #27

Quote:
Last time "Vivo" went on a rant about Valve not fixing 1.6, he got his account banned...
[citation needed]
Old 08-07-2014 , 16:53   Re: About Counter-Strike 1.6 And Counter Strike Global Offensive.
Reply With Quote #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by asherkin View Post
[citation needed]
He may have been banned for non-steam idk, I just remember this same rant:

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=240680

Vivo = AMeEero
Has a lovely bunch of coconuts
Old 08-07-2014 , 19:33   Re: About Counter-Strike 1.6 And Counter Strike Global Offensive.
Reply With Quote #29

Quote:
He may have been banned for non-steam idk, I just remember this same rant:

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=240680

Vivo = AMeEero
He was banned for No-Steam advertisements (a No-Steam community mostly with multiple No-Steam servers). On his new account, I've yet to see him advertise No-Steam (after I explained it to him, which took a bit).

I do not browse the forums regularly anymore. If you need me for anything (asking questions or anything else), then PM me (be descriptive in your PM, message containing only a link to a thread will be ignored).
ironskillz1
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-07-2014 , 19:55   Re: About Counter-Strike 1.6 And Counter Strike Global Offensive.
Reply With Quote #30

Alot of people would stop play cs 1.6 if they made it like cs go becuse they like cs 1.6 like it is.
Anyways cs 1.6 is pretty dead and i only think no-steam servers is the only thing keeping it alive. Becuse most of the no-steam users dont have afford to buy cs go so they stay on cs 1.6
It almost feels like its more than 50% of the servers in cs 1.6 is no-steam servers

Pm me.

Check out my roulette site.
Send a message via Skype™ to ironskillz1