Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Server Download on Linux

Post New Thread Reply   

Mordekay
Squirrel of Fortune
Old 06-04-2018 , 08:04   Re: Server Download on Linux
Reply With Quote #21

Simply search here how many users asked how they can install a server with steamCMD.
You really got a server working with only one time doing the update command? you have to be a really lucky guy.

SteamCMD exists since what? 5 years? Do you really think Valve is going to fix this bug some when in the future? lol
In the medieval the humans also thought humans would never be able to fly. Ask me again in a few hundred years if it was really a "never" or just a "some when".

haZh
Old 06-04-2018 , 10:02   Re: Server Download on Linux
Reply With Quote #22

Let's break this down once more, since it will be easier for you as always;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordekay View Post
Simply search here how many users asked how they can install a server with steamCMD.
Why should I?

Quote:
You really got a server working with only one time doing the update command?
Did I say that somewhere? Why you trying to quote something that I "never" said? It won't twist this discussion.

Quote:
you have to be a really lucky guy.
Of course I am.

Quote:
SteamCMD exists since what? 5 years?
Really? It's always good to be "aware" about things, so thanks for that information.

Quote:
Do you really think Valve is going to fix this bug some when in the future? lol
Did I say that specific thought somewhere? Or should I somehow care if Valve fix it or not? I have the stock HLDS files saved. lol

Quote:
In the medieval the humans also thought humans would never be able to fly.
I see you are coming from Germany. But I need to go into some medieval times here so hold on a bit..

Quote:
Ask me again in a few hundred years if it was really a "never" or just a "some when".
I won't live that long, but were you "never" thought those medieval humans were stupid?

Last edited by haZh; 06-04-2018 at 10:03.
TheiOne
Old 06-04-2018 , 13:47   Re: Server Download on Linux
Reply With Quote #23

I just tried to download HLDS using SteamCMD on 2 machines it say "Success! App '90' fully installed.", but the progress never reaches 100. I tried both anonymous and my steam login.

How can I verify that my installation isn't corrupted ?

I ran it like 20 times still no progress 100:

Quote:
HLDS (appid 90) currently requires multiple runs of the app_update command before all the required files are successfully installed. Simply run app_update 90 validate multiple times until no more updates take place.
->

https://developer.valvesoftware.com/...loading_an_app

Last edited by TheiOne; 06-04-2018 at 13:49.
haZh
Old 06-04-2018 , 21:08   Re: Server Download on Linux
Reply With Quote #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheiOne View Post
I just tried to download HLDS using SteamCMD on 2 machines it say "Success! App '90' fully installed.", but the progress never reaches 100. I tried both anonymous and my steam login.
Aw, damn man. You tried both logins on 2 machines, but yet the same? That confirms something else.

Quote:
How can I verify that my installation isn't corrupted ?
What I did was actually running the server. Switch to all available maps in the mapcycle.txt. And watch out for the errors that show up in console. Then try connecting to it.

All works? Immediately switch to ReHLDS if you feel like it.
Old 06-04-2018 , 22:43   Re: Server Download on Linux
Reply With Quote #25

You don't need anything other than the standard HLDS. It works just fine. ReHLDS likely illegal, if you care about that kinda thing.
Old 06-05-2018 , 10:17   Re: Server Download on Linux
Reply With Quote #26

@haZh

What does it confirm ?
Actually there is no mod folder, does this mean it's corrupted or I did something wrong ?
Is there much difference between HLDS and ReHLDS ? Wouldn't there be compatibility issues ?

@fysiks

Well, how do I get the standard HLDS in the first place ?
May I ask why ReHLDS is illegal ?
haZh
Old 06-05-2018 , 11:16   Re: Server Download on Linux
Reply With Quote #27

Quote:
What does it confirm ?
It confirms that even a personal Steam account login requires to run the app update command multiple times in SteamCMD.

Quote:
Actually there is no mod folder, does this mean it's corrupted or I did something wrong ?
I'm not sure. You mean the /addons folder? Probably some more is missing in there, but you can always try running the server and look out for console errors.

Quote:
Is there much difference between HLDS and ReHLDS ? Wouldn't there be compatibility issues ?
Yes. there is a greater difference. Take a look: https://github.com/dreamstalker/rehl...month:-results
About the compatibility, read this thread again: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=264661
Old 06-05-2018 , 14:10   Re: Server Download on Linux
Reply With Quote #28

Quote:
I'm not sure. You mean the /addons folder? Probably some more is missing in there, but you can always try running the server and look out for console errors.
No, I mean the game mod (cstrike folder). The whole HLDS folder amounts to 38.1 MB.

I still need to download HLDS even if I were to use ReHLDS. I've been trying the whole damn day to download it without success.
I'm outta ideas.
haZh
Old 06-06-2018 , 04:07   Re: Server Download on Linux
Reply With Quote #29

Quote:
No, I mean the game mod (cstrike folder). The whole HLDS folder amounts to 38.1 MB.
Probably corrupted.

Quote:
I'm outta ideas.
Seems you finally managed to download the files since you have posted a new topic, if not;

Are you hosting on a remote Windows VPS? If you already have the game installed on your local Windows PC, upload the whole game folder with HLDS to the remote Windows server. Try if it works first and then replace the relevant files with ReHLDS files.

If Linux, send me a PM here.
Old 06-09-2018 , 12:36   Re: Server Download on Linux
Reply With Quote #30

No I couldn't download it.
Do you know where I can get the original HLDS ? Without any modification, patch, dproto, etc.