[L4D & L4D2] Survivor Shove (1.16) [02-Oct-2023]

Post New Thread Reply   

Silvers
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 06-03-2021 , 18:10   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Survivor Shove (1.7) [04-Mar-2021]
Reply With Quote #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by AI0702 View Post
Not to be nitpicky, but a simple ouch would've sufficed. Currently they sound like they're being mauled to death on a simple shove.

Also, this plugin when combined with gear transfer leads to an annoying bug, where the transfer using shove key almost always results in the recepient survivor being shoved (in addition to successful transfer), with the recepient survivor screaming death.
Unlikely to ever change this, would be depend on Gear Transfer or Survivor Shove to load first to block the other or adding a delay between either action just to prevent giving or shoving depending on the preference of the server. As for the sounds, you're free to customise the plugin and recompile with what you see fit. I've gone for the minimal death sounds since there is nothing simple as saying "ouch" in the game. If you want, replace them with something better and I'll look into pushing for the full release.
Old 06-04-2021 , 12:56   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Survivor Shove (1.7) [04-Mar-2021]
Reply With Quote #32

Quote:
Not to be nitpicky, but a simple ouch would've sufficed. Currently they sound like they're being mauled to death on a simple shove.

Also, this plugin when combined with gear transfer leads to an annoying bug, where the transfer using shove key almost always results in the recepient survivor being shoved (in addition to successful transfer), with the recepient survivor screaming death.
Well, I use the gear transfer and the survivor shove together and without the problems you mention, maybe the fact of being Windows Listen Server, avoid the sound.
In addition, I set this value for the gear transfer and I avoid the transfer of objects.
l4d_gear_transfer_method "2"
VladimirTk
Old 07-13-2021 , 09:56   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Survivor Shove (1.9) [12-May-2021]
Reply With Quote #33

Very fun plugin, it is possible that I can add a function or a cvar that allows deactivating the plugin when the round starts? This plugin fascinates my users, but in versus mode it would be more recommended to use it if it is only used in the shelter / safe zone, due to the incessant push they give after firing with their weapon
I do not necessarily ask urgently, if you add it or do it a long time later I will wait, if you do not do it, that is also fine
Silvers
Old 07-13-2021 , 09:59   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Survivor Shove (1.9) [12-May-2021]
Reply With Quote #34

Either use the _allow cvar or set the _delay cvar. You can also use the _start cvar to turn it off by default and only enable when players use the command sm_sshove (use command overrides to make public access). Not something I'll change.

Last edited by Silvers; 07-13-2021 at 10:00.
AI0702
Old 07-23-2021 , 08:01   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Survivor Shove (1.9) [12-May-2021]
Reply With Quote #35

So I was thinking, could you add a convar or something else to make it shove survivors only when holding primary/secondary/melee/holdable items etc., and not while holding sharable items like throwables/healing/consumables etc., as a way to bypass the shoved survivors while transferring items bug I mentioned earlier?
Silvers
Old 07-23-2021 , 11:49   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Survivor Shove (1.9) [12-May-2021]
Reply With Quote #36

Quote:
So I was thinking, could you add a convar or something else to make it shove survivors only when holding primary/secondary/melee/holdable items etc., and not while holding sharable items like throwables/healing/consumables etc., as a way to bypass the shoved survivors while transferring items bug I mentioned earlier?
This won't work because Gear Transfer could detect the event before this plugin, so the equipped weapon will be the pistol and not what's being transferred. Change the cvar "l4d_gear_transfer_method" to 1 to only allow Reload key to transfer.

The only solution would be to delay transfers in Gear Transfer by a frame or something.. it's not something I really want to do adding to the complexity of the plugin. Survivor Shove would also need modifying to then block transferable items. Maybe at some point I will, but this is low priority to me.
Old 07-24-2021 , 09:05   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Survivor Shove (1.9) [12-May-2021]
Reply With Quote #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvers View Post
This won't work because Gear Transfer could detect the event before this plugin, so the equipped weapon will be the pistol and not what's being transferred. Change the cvar "l4d_gear_transfer_method" to 1 to only allow Reload key to transfer.

The only solution would be to delay transfers in Gear Transfer by a frame or something.. it's not something I really want to do adding to the complexity of the plugin. Survivor Shove would also need modifying to then block transferable items. Maybe at some point I will, but this is low priority to me.

Guess I'll try tinkering with the code myself. In the meantime, I'll use the reload key method.
Silvers
Old 07-25-2021 , 05:31   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Survivor Shove (1.10) [25-Jul-2021]
Reply With Quote #38

Ok support for Gear Transfer done. Both plugins need updating if you use them.

Code:
1.10 (25-Jul-2021)
    - Now automatically detects "Gear Transfer" plugin and prevents shoving if using an item that can be transferred. Requested by "AI0702".
    - Plugin compatibility with "Gear Transfer" plugin (version 1.14 or newer).
Old 07-26-2021 , 15:01   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Survivor Shove (1.10) [25-Jul-2021]
Reply With Quote #39

Nice!
Eocene
Old 09-16-2021 , 03:16   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Survivor Shove (1.10) [25-Jul-2021]
Reply With Quote #40

Hi,

I recently added this plugin to my server and we are having a great time with it. Thank you for making it.

I never have any issues with Gear Transfer (which I use also), but what can be annoying is that I shove players instead of healing them if they are not standing still.

A simple fix could be to not shove when holding a medkit. It looks strange anyway, since the shove suggest much more force than the animation does.

That would make this plugin perfect as far as I'm concerned.

Thanks for considering!