Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Other get the error: "Failed to join game." (CS:GO)

Post New Thread Reply   

NachoCheeZ
Old 02-11-2016 , 10:10   Other get the error: "Failed to join game." (CS:GO)
Reply With Quote #1

Hello guys,

i am trying to host a own CS:GO server, but it just won't work.
I can join the server without problems, but when others try to join, the the the error "Failed to join game". I opened all ports (27000-27050) and we use Hamachi.
So if my friend wants to join, all he has to do is typing "connect [HAMACHIP]", or am i wrong?
We also tried Tunngle, then the server appears in the LAN-Servers tab, but he still gets the same error. Anyone here knows a fix, anything i have to change (server settings, etc...)?
I tried now for a week but i can't find, what i am doing wrong. Please help me guys
DarkDeviL
SourceMod Moderator
Old 02-11-2016 , 11:14   Re: Other get the error: "Failed to join game." (CS:GO)
Reply With Quote #2

According to what Valve said, CS:GO will only work on RFC1918* IP addresses without a valid server token.

RFC1918 IP addresses are the following ranges:

10/8 (10.0.0.0 <-> 10.255.255.255)
172.16/12 (172.16.0.0 <-> 172.31.255.255)
192.168/16 (192.168.0.0 <-> 192.168.255.255)

Hamachi previously used IP addresses in the 5/8 space, being (5.x.x.x) IP addresses. CS:GO will see those as being normal IP addresses and as such, won't listen to them without a valid server token.

According to a quick search, it seems like Hamachi has rotated to the 25/8 (25.0.0.0 <-> 25.255.255.255) IP space, but again, this isn't RFC1918 spaces either...

Dropbox FastDL: Public folder will no longer work after March 15, 2017!
For more info, see the [SRCDS Thread], or the [HLDS Thread].
NachoCheeZ
Old 02-11-2016 , 12:48   Re: Other get the error: "Failed to join game." (CS:GO)
Reply With Quote #3

I have a server token on my server, if u mean this: https://steamcommunity.com/dev/managegameservers.
I have +sv_setsteamaccount [TOKEN] in my start.bat.
Also, i there a other way then Hamachi to host a own server for me and my friends?
Bacardi
Veteran Member
Old 02-11-2016 , 12:54   Re: Other get the error: "Failed to join game." (CS:GO)
Reply With Quote #4

Tell us your "launch script" how you start your srcds server.
NachoCheeZ
Old 02-11-2016 , 13:13   Re: Other get the error: "Failed to join game." (CS:GO)
Reply With Quote #5

Its:
srcds -game csgo -console +game_type 0 +game_mode 1 +mapgroup mg_active +map de_dust2 +sv_setsteamaccount XXXX50A2BA4649BB4BCC0EA8F457XXXX +rcon_password 1234
Bacardi
Veteran Member
Old 02-11-2016 , 13:57   Re: Other get the error: "Failed to join game." (CS:GO)
Reply With Quote #6

hmmm, maybe your NAT is blocking people outside from LAN. You still need open ports from your router. :/

*edit
or firewall blocks
*edit
wth is hamachi :S

Last edited by Bacardi; 02-11-2016 at 14:01.
NachoCheeZ
Old 02-11-2016 , 14:02   Re: Other get the error: "Failed to join game." (CS:GO)
Reply With Quote #7

So the error "Failed to join game" means that he found the server but can`t connect cause something is blocking it?

LogMeIn Hamachi is a software that u can use to kinda fake a LAN-Network, if this makes any sense. So u can host LAN-Servers.

Last edited by NachoCheeZ; 02-11-2016 at 14:06.
DarkDeviL
SourceMod Moderator
Old 02-11-2016 , 14:41   Re: Other get the error: "Failed to join game." (CS:GO)
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by NachoCheeZ View Post
Also, i there a other way then Hamachi to host a own server for me and my friends?
Quote:
LogMeIn Hamachi is a software that u can use to kinda fake a LAN-Network, if this makes any sense. So u can host LAN-Servers.
Contact Hamachi support (if they have any at all), or their documentation to find out if you can change the private Hamachi network's IP addressing to be within the RFC1918 addresses mentioned above.

If that's not possible, then put your server on the public Internet and find another alternative way to restrict your server to specific players, if that's your goal.

That's likely the only options you have with CS:GO, as CS:GO requires a connection to the GSLT system if it is not bound to any of those RFC1918 addresses.

NachoCheeZ
Old 02-11-2016 , 15:18   Re: Other get the error: "Failed to join game." (CS:GO)
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by arne1288 View Post
Contact Hamachi support (if they have any at all), or their documentation to find out if you can change the private Hamachi network's IP addressing to be within the RFC1918 addresses mentioned above.

If that's not possible, then put your server on the public Internet and find another alternative way to restrict your server to specific players, if that's your goal.

That's likely the only options you have with CS:GO, as CS:GO requires a connection to the GSLT system if it is not bound to any of those RFC1918 addresses.
Well i would care if it wasnt restricted to others but how can i put it on the public internet?
DarkDeviL
SourceMod Moderator
Old 02-11-2016 , 15:20   Re: Other get the error: "Failed to join game." (CS:GO)
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Well i would care if it wasnt restricted to others but how can i put it on the public internet?
Putting it on the public Internet is as simple as starting the server with an IP address which is not the Hamachi address.