Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[TF2] Escalation - an Upgrades Mod for TF2 (v1.0.0, 8/11/2014)

Post New Thread Reply   

martellus
Old 10-20-2014 , 20:25   Re: [TF2] Escalation - an Upgrades Mod for TF2 (v0.9.9, 19/10/2014)
Reply With Quote #21

some more bugs

engineer shotgun has deployed movement speed as an upgrade

razorback/darwin still take upgrades from the last secondary equipped

because sappers count as buildings you get the same as credits as destroying a sentry or something

a player claimed you could get hp upgrades (and possibly others?) onto unupgraded classes by sometimes switching in the respawn zone
Chdata
Veteran Member
Old 10-21-2014 , 13:28   Re: [TF2] Escalation - an Upgrades Mod for TF2 (v0.9.9, 19/10/2014)
Reply With Quote #22

Isn't this similar to Gun Game?

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=161307
Old 10-23-2014 , 15:34   Re: [TF2] Escalation - an Upgrades Mod for TF2 (v0.9.9, 19/10/2014)
Reply With Quote #23

Can you maybe list the upgrades in question? I read the description twice but it seems to be essential missing information.
Old 10-25-2014 , 17:28   Re: [TF2] Escalation - an Upgrades Mod for TF2 (v0.9.9, 19/10/2014)
Reply With Quote #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by martellus View Post
some more bugs

engineer shotgun has deployed movement speed as an upgrade

razorback/darwin still take upgrades from the last secondary equipped

because sappers count as buildings you get the same as credits as destroying a sentry or something

a player claimed you could get hp upgrades (and possibly others?) onto unupgraded classes by sometimes switching in the respawn zone
I've fixed the sapper one (in the next version), but I was unable to replicate the other ones and as a result I am unable to fix them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chdata View Post
No I really don't think it is. Is my description really that bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eraserhead View Post
Can you maybe list the upgrades in question? I read the description twice but it seems to be essential missing information.
I'm not sure I completely understand what you're after. Are you after a list of all the upgrades players can buy?
martellus
Old 11-01-2014 , 00:45   Re: [TF2] Escalation - an Upgrades Mod for TF2 (v0.9.9, 19/10/2014)
Reply With Quote #25

Please do something about the center screen messages. Players (and myself) are getting really tired of them
SleepKiller
Old 11-03-2014 , 19:26   Re: [TF2] Escalation - an Upgrades Mod for TF2 (v0.9.9, 19/10/2014)
Reply With Quote #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by martellus View Post
Please do something about the center screen messages. Players (and myself) are getting really tired of them
Certainly, it'll only ever display once when players first connect to the server in the next version. There are just a couple things left I want to get done before I release it.
Mini Purple
Old 11-03-2014 , 19:56   Re: [TF2] Escalation - an Upgrades Mod for TF2 (v0.9.9, 19/10/2014)
Reply With Quote #27

How do i get off the messages on my screen? THIS IS ANNOYING!!!!
Send a message via Skype™ to Mini Purple
SleepKiller
Old 11-03-2014 , 21:20   Re: [TF2] Escalation - an Upgrades Mod for TF2 (v0.9.9, 19/10/2014)
Reply With Quote #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini Purple View Post
How do i get off the messages on my screen? THIS IS ANNOYING!!!!
It should clear off your screen the instant you do what it's telling you to do. If it isn't clearing when you open the upgrade menu then that is indeed a big problem and I'll look into fixing it.

I feel as though I should explain my reasoning behind including the HUD text reminder in the first place. It was my logic that (due to the way the plugin is designed) players would join the server, join a team and then they would add upgrades to their queue. Since they had added upgrades to their queue when they first joined they would never see the HUD message whereas new players would join and just start playing (not having any clue that they could buy upgrades) and a minute after they had joined the HUD message would appear to make sure they were aware they could get upgrades.

It would appear it was my mistake to assume that this is what people would do and server admins will be able to disable the HUD message in the next version.