Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[TF2] Weapon Restrictions

Post New Thread Reply   

crafting
Old 07-26-2015 , 00:40   Re: [TF2] Weapon Restrictions
Reply With Quote #71

I am have a problem (inwhich has been talked about before).

I just need to disable the Gunslinger, which is working.... but all buildings are disabled.

"weapon_restrictions"
{
"name" "ctf2w"
"default" "allow"

"allow_buildings" "1"
"allow_action_items" "1"

"classes"
{
"tf_weapon_robot_arm"
{
"deny" "1"
}
}
}
misterG
Old 07-26-2015 , 14:40   Re: [TF2] Weapon Restrictions
Reply With Quote #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Cnut View Post
It's this version by redwolf. My friend that fixed it hasn't responded to me as of yet, so I'm fairly certain he's already gone for the next 10 days.

Providing an smx via PM is no different regarding the rules around here. As a general rule of thumb, you shouldn't run any smx without the source anyways because there may be something in it that you wouldn't want.
Can you post it now ? Because it passed more than 10 days...maybe your friend came back
Old 07-27-2015 , 09:55   Re: [TF2] Weapon Restrictions
Reply With Quote #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by crafting View Post
I am have a problem (inwhich has been talked about before).

I just need to disable the Gunslinger, which is working.... but all buildings are disabled.

"weapon_restrictions"
{
"name" "ctf2w"
"default" "allow"

"allow_buildings" "1"
"allow_action_items" "1"

"classes"
{
"tf_weapon_robot_arm"
{
"deny" "1"
}
}
}
Was fixed with the below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterG View Post
Can you post it now ? Because it passed more than 10 days...maybe your friend came back
As promised, here is what I paid $50 for and it's still crashing at random times when someone seemingly equips any hats.

I think anyone wanting to remove hats and weapons together are just shit out of luck anymore as those who can fix it either won't or don't know how. I've learned a valuable lesson about giving someone money to "fix" plugins.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (tf2-weapon-restrictions.sp - 134 views - 15.1 KB)

Last edited by King Cnut; 07-27-2015 at 09:58.
SpiritBob
Old 07-27-2015 , 12:06   Re: [TF2] Weapon Restrictions
Reply With Quote #74

Quote:

As promised, here is what I paid $50 for and it's still crashing at random times when someone seemingly equips any hats.

I think anyone wanting to remove hats and weapons together are just shit out of luck anymore as those who can fix it either won't or don't know how. I've learned a valuable lesson about giving someone money to "fix" plugins.
Even with your source, I still experience the same bug: indexing does not work, but classes do. In my config file, i have both indexes and classes, similar to how you have hats and weapons. For me it just doesn't work, no crashes (The classes are blocked weirdly, but the indexes are not.)
I even replaced the index section with 1 of the posted here to check if I made some errors, and same outcome.

Can someone fix this? I'm guessing it only reads the first row (if you write classes first or indexes or hats or wateva) and the others are ignored completely.

EDIT: It's exactly as I said!

I just edited and completely removed my working classes section, left only the "indexes".
ALL OF THEM WORKED!
So it seems you cannot have both of indexes and classes in 1 .cfg
Hope this gets patched ASAP.

Last edited by SpiritBob; 07-27-2015 at 12:11.
misterG
Old 07-27-2015 , 12:44   Re: [TF2] Weapon Restrictions
Reply With Quote #75

Quote:

Well, thanks anyway Also,have you removed hats in your cfg?

Last edited by misterG; 07-27-2015 at 12:45.
King Cnut
Old 07-27-2015 , 19:18   Re: [TF2] Weapon Restrictions
Reply With Quote #76

Quote:
Well, thanks anyway Also,have you removed hats in your cfg?
From my understanding of how this works, you don't have to specify every hat in the game to disable them. I simply had a config that only had "allow" attributes on the stock weapons so everything else was under "deny". It worked on the weapons just fine, but the moment a hat is equipped, it would throw some -1 error in my log file. I can't recall if it actually blocked the hat (I think it did). But after some time of running this on my server, I'd come back and srcds is no longer up and had crashed out with no error prompts. Just a shit ton of invalid index -1 errors in the logfile from the hats.
Old 07-27-2015 , 19:31   Re: [TF2] Weapon Restrictions
Reply With Quote #77

Hmm, it's still not working (buildings). Just to make sure, I place the .sp file in the correct place..... any advice?

Last edited by crafting; 07-27-2015 at 19:32.
King Cnut
Old 07-30-2015 , 09:53   Re: [TF2] Weapon Restrictions
Reply With Quote #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by crafting View Post
Hmm, it's still not working (buildings). Just to make sure, I place the .sp file in the correct place..... any advice?
You have to compile the .sp

I just noticed this plugin was moved to the Unapproved section. Thank you Voided!
Old 07-30-2015 , 10:25   Re: [TF2] Weapon Restrictions
Reply With Quote #79

@Powerlord Some support would be good. There are a lot of people that want this plugin fixed
Old 07-30-2015 , 14:26   Re: [TF2] Weapon Restrictions
Reply With Quote #80

Quote:
@Powerlord Some support would be good. There are a lot of people that want this plugin fixed
I don't think he can be arsed, I sent him a PM asking this very thing a few weeks back and got crickets. The guy who said he would pick up the project has abandoned it as well, so it's fitting that it's now in the unapproved section

Perhaps someone, someday can release something that works. I've already spent $50 for that too happen and got swindled, so I've given up on funding that lol.