Raised This Month: $276 Target: $400
 69% 

[CS:GO] -N- Arms Fix [2.0.2 | 2019-11-29]


Post New Thread Reply   
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
NomisCZ
AlliedModders Donor
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Czech_Republic
Old 01-29-2017 , 11:22   Re: [CS:GO] -N- Arms Fix
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headline View Post
I'd really like to echo this. Relying on timer delays is horrible, user proper natives/forwards to allow for developers to interact with your plugin in a way which makes sence
It would be great. But, I've never used it. So I have no idea how it works (natives/forwards).
I could write a few natives, but it depends what you need, eg. isArmsFixLoaded, setDefaultModels ... My primary programming language is PHP / web frameworks, so SourcePawn / C++ is only "hobby".
So, If there is someone who has the experiences with it ... and can help me.
__________________

Last edited by NomisCZ; 01-29-2017 at 11:26.
NomisCZ is online now
Franc1sco
Veteran Member
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Spain (Madrid)
Old 01-29-2017 , 11:35   Re: [CS:GO] -N- Arms Fix
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomisCZ View Post
It would be great. But, I've never used it. So I have no idea how it works (natives/forwards).
I could write a few natives, but it depends what you need, eg. isArmsFixLoaded, setDefaultModels ... My primary programming language is PHP / web frameworks, so SourcePawn / C++ is only "hobby".
So, If there is someone who has the experiences with it ... and can help me.
I will add the natives/forwards if you want.
__________________
Veteran SourceMod Coder -> Activity channel
Taking some paid jobs and selling some private stuff.
Contact: Steam, Telegram or discord ( Franc1sco#7876 ).

You like my work? +Rep in my steam profile comments or donate.

Franc1sco is offline
Send a message via MSN to Franc1sco
NomisCZ
AlliedModders Donor
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Czech_Republic
Old 01-29-2017 , 11:45   Re: [CS:GO] -N- Arms Fix
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franc1sco View Post
I will add the natives/forwards if you want.
Okay, thanks :-)
__________________

Last edited by NomisCZ; 01-29-2017 at 11:45.
NomisCZ is online now
headline
SourceMod Moderator
Join Date: Mar 2015
Old 01-29-2017 , 20:00   Re: [CS:GO] -N- Arms Fix
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomisCZ View Post
Okay, thanks :-)
I made a pull request. Can you double check that setting the arms on the forward isn't too early for it to work?
headline is offline
superblack4
Senior Member
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Vietnam
Old 01-29-2017 , 22:25   Re: [CS:GO] -N- Arms Fix
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwarz View Post
hey

good worker! but if you can make fix for store Zeph arms?

(https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=290075)

thanks
I hope you can fix Zeph Store arm plugin as soon as possible, but anyway, great work from your effort
superblack4 is offline
Franc1sco
Veteran Member
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Spain (Madrid)
Old 01-30-2017 , 06:20   Re: [CS:GO] -N- Arms Fix
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headline View Post
I made a pull request. Can you double check that setting the arms on the forward isn't too early for it to work?
A "ArmsFix_OnModelSet" should be needed too. Or maybe a native like "ArmsFix_SetArms(client, char[] arms)" and "ArmsFix_SetModel(client, char[] model)" for a easy compatibility and leave that this plugin set arms and model when should be set.
__________________
Veteran SourceMod Coder -> Activity channel
Taking some paid jobs and selling some private stuff.
Contact: Steam, Telegram or discord ( Franc1sco#7876 ).

You like my work? +Rep in my steam profile comments or donate.

Franc1sco is offline
Send a message via MSN to Franc1sco
headline
SourceMod Moderator
Join Date: Mar 2015
Old 01-30-2017 , 10:57   Re: [CS:GO] -N- Arms Fix
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franc1sco View Post
A "ArmsFix_OnModelSet" should be needed too. Or maybe a native like "ArmsFix_SetArms(client, char[] arms)" and "ArmsFix_SetModel(client, char[] model)" for a easy compatibility and leave that this plugin set arms and model when should be set.
Looking back I am now realizing that I named that forward very poorly. "ArmsFix_OnArmsSet" is called when the model & arms were set. I'll change it and make it more clear. Why would we implement a SetModel/SetArms?
headline is offline
Franc1sco
Veteran Member
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Spain (Madrid)
Old 01-30-2017 , 13:15   Re: [CS:GO] -N- Arms Fix
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headline View Post
Looking back I am now realizing that I named that forward very poorly. "ArmsFix_OnArmsSet" is called when the model & arms were set. I'll change it and make it more clear. Why would we implement a SetModel/SetArms?
Because you need to add timers like he said here for apply arms and model. So if you have a native for do it, you will not need to add timers to others plugins.
__________________
Veteran SourceMod Coder -> Activity channel
Taking some paid jobs and selling some private stuff.
Contact: Steam, Telegram or discord ( Franc1sco#7876 ).

You like my work? +Rep in my steam profile comments or donate.

Franc1sco is offline
Send a message via MSN to Franc1sco
headline
SourceMod Moderator
Join Date: Mar 2015
Old 01-30-2017 , 15:24   Re: [CS:GO] -N- Arms Fix
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franc1sco View Post
Because you need to add timers like he said here for apply arms and model. So if you have a native for do it, you will not need to add timers to others plugins.
I believe the better solution to this is what we did on the latest pull request here.

Instead of setting player arms & model in round_start, you now use our new ArmsFix_OnArmsSafe for arms and ArmsFix_OnModelSafe for models. They are called consecutively, ArmsFix_OnArmsSafe first and then ArmsFix_OnModelSafe at an interval of 0.2 & 0.0 (next tick), respectively

Last edited by headline; 01-30-2017 at 15:27.
headline is offline
vortex.
AlliedModders Donor
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: OnGameFrame()
Old 01-31-2017 , 05:28   Re: [CS:GO] -N- Arms Fix
Reply With Quote #20

Good work, but i should fix zephstore arms :]
__________________
vortex. is offline
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:11.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Theme made by Freecode