8% 

AlliedModders, New Unified Forums

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

Freecode
Never Fall Asleep
Old 06-24-2006 , 04:06   AlliedModders, New Unified Forums

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAILOPAN
I'm very pleased to announce our new unified initiative, AlliedModders! Over the past eight months, Freecode and I have worked on the logistics of combining our major projects together. Today we have finally taken the first big step, and merged AMX Mod X, SourceMod, and SuperHero Mod into one bulletin board.

In the coming months we will be redoing our main sites to focus on an easy interface that binds all of the projects together. We are also using new forum software, vBulletin, carefully themed to look almost exactly phpBB2. You'll see we've expanded the layout of the various projects to be more accomodating, using vBulletin's handy sub-forum feature.

There are a few details you'll see are missing. I recommend everyone visit the new Site Issues forum. This is the new place to discuss site and forums features. You'll see stickies about what features are missing/broken, what's new, and what to do if your account broke from the import. You are also welcome to post site or forum problems here.

This was a huge undertaking on our part, and has been in our plans for over half a year. We're all very relieved to finally see it happen, and there are a few people I would like to personally thank:
  • Freecode - Without his help, AlliedModders would not have happened. The theme was quite time consuming on his part, especially when enduring nit-picking over silly details. I am genuinely impressed with how well it came out. He also ported our phpBB plugin system, oversaw the merge complications, and spent the past three days pulling all-nighters with me. My hat is off to Freecode. Thanks!
  • Brad - Responsible for the new and improved syntax highlighter integration.
  • TechConnect - Our soon-to-be-announced Source sponsor, who got us our shiny new webserver (located in TX, USA).
  • Lastly, thanks to twistedeuphoria and faluco who helped give input, report bugs, and do some tedious cleanup tasks.
We're all looking forward to seeing where this goes!
Now just to get rid of this headache.

Off-Topic and General Forums were merged together.

Last edited by Freecode; 06-24-2006 at 19:55.
kanu | DarkPredator
Old 06-24-2006 , 05:04   Re: Downtime Alert, New Forums Coming

well this new forums look very cool and all, it will be nice for people browsing the superhero forum to scroll up and find AMXX to go with it. for some reason my name reverted to "kanu | DarkPredator" instead of just DarkPredator, i dont know how it could have a record of my name being that... gl with this one, i like the logo
Never Fall Asleep
Old 06-24-2006 , 05:06   Re: Downtime Alert, New Forums Coming

http://forums.alliedmods.net/import_tools/importer.php
Form #2
vittu
SuperHero Moderator
Old 06-24-2006 , 17:21   Re: AlliedModders, New Unified Forums

I don't like this Off-Topic and General Forums merger... now the plugin itself and discussion of the mod is in Off-Topic?

Couldn't there just be one general Off-Topic section for the entire forum? that way we could keep out general sh discussion section.
Send a message via AIM to vittu Send a message via MSN to vittu Send a message via Yahoo to vittu
Freecode
Never Fall Asleep
Old 06-24-2006 , 17:29   Re: AlliedModders, New Unified Forums

For now im gonna leave the Off-Topic / General . After we switch to module i will add General so the module discussions can go in there and all the plugin discussion will stay in off topic
Veteran Member
Old 06-25-2006 , 08:55   Re: AlliedModders, New Unified Forums

I thought that the users post count would remain the same.
Mine says 97X and I believe that I had about 2500 before.

It's not a big deal, I just thought they would be the same.

But GJ on th eforums =)
Veteran Member
Old 06-25-2006 , 09:03   Re: AlliedModders, New Unified Forums

Anything that was deleted or trashed probably got removed from the post count, and the number is how many posts you actually have on the forum now. My post count went way up because I had a lot on SH and AMXX and it got combined.
Never Fall Asleep
Old 06-25-2006 , 17:22   Re: AlliedModders, New Unified Forums

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123
I thought that the users post count would remain the same.
Mine says 97X and I believe that I had about 2500 before.

It's not a big deal, I just thought they would be the same.

But GJ on th eforums =)
somebody accedently deleted some of our trash bin and so alot of sh users posts went down (mine did too).
jtp10181
Veteran Member
Old 06-25-2006 , 18:37   Re: AlliedModders, New Unified Forums

I had our trash bin set to auto purge before.... no sense in keeping all that trash around. On phpBB when it purges old posts it does not change the post count. But when they merged the forums together it prob had to recalculate the post count.
Never Fall Asleep
Old 06-25-2006 , 18:40   Re: AlliedModders, New Unified Forums

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtp10181
I had our trash bin set to auto purge before.... no sense in keeping all that trash around. On phpBB when it purges old posts it does not change the post count. But when they merged the forums together it prob had to recalculate the post count.
yes
Closed Thread