Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Make a developer group [Teamwork]

Post New Thread Reply   

Franc1sco
Veteran Member
Old 07-29-2017 , 21:10   Make a developer group [Teamwork]
Reply With Quote #1

Hello, I was thinking in make a group of direct chat (maybe a Telegram group) only for sourcemod coders (and maybe mappers and modellers). The idea is chat about do sourcemod public plugins/projects like a team, and release it giving credits in the post to all the participants (and give access for make new changes in the github repository).

It also would good for get sourcemod coders (and mappers & modellers) to do large projects as team. I know that exist a IRC channel for sourcemod, but it is more general and personally I prefer Telegram (direct chat even in your smartphone).

I have some ideas to do some public plugins, but I am too lazy and I not have enought time for do it just by myself. Maybe in a future this group could handle private projects too but for now to prevent conflicts, this group would be only for public projects.

Rarely I had the opportunity to work on sourcemod plugins in a real team but it was quite satisfactory. To say that the code should be clean and (optional) commented. I know that normally my plugins dont follow that but that is because I made that for my own understanding, but that can change if I make code for a team.

My intention if not be "the moderator of this group", I just say the idea, and I dont think that a moderator in this group would be needed (just kick trolls and nothing more).

Current team:
Quote:
Coders:
Mappers:
Modellers:
  • None yet

Beta testers:
  • None yet
If some coder or mapper or modeller are interested in form part of this group, post in this thread, or PM me or click in the direct join link (we use Telegram as direct chat for the moment): https://t.me/sourcemodprojects

EDIT:

We are looking to use Slack instead of Telegram, click here to join -> https://join.slack.com/t/sourcemodpr...YzlmYTQ0Yjg1Ng

You like my work? +Rep in my steam profile comments or donate.

Last edited by Franc1sco; 07-31-2017 at 11:26.
Send a message via MSN to Franc1sco
headline
SourceMod Moderator
Old 07-30-2017 , 00:04   Re: Make a developer group [Teamwork]
Reply With Quote #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franc1sco View Post
Hello, I was thinking in make a group of direct chat (maybe a Telegram group) only for sourcemod coders (and maybe mappers and modellers). The idea is chat about do sourcemod public plugins/projects like a team, and release it giving credits in the post to all the participants (and give access for make new changes in the github repository).
#sourcemod on irc is going to be the best bet. I don't know one person who uses Telegram, and if you're looking to have access to talk to people on mobile there's irc apps for your phone or you can use the community driven SourceMod discord that even has a direct message relay to/from irc in order to prevent the community splitting across two platforms.

This idea of code collaboration has even already happened in the unofficial SM Discord as well.

All on all -1, even the discord was barely acceptable

Last edited by headline; 07-30-2017 at 02:34.
hmmmmm
Great Tester of Whatever
Old 07-30-2017 , 00:26   Re: Make a developer group [Teamwork]
Reply With Quote #3

Yea not sure about Telegram either, but I like the idea
Franc1sco
Veteran Member
Old 07-30-2017 , 03:07   Re: Make a developer group [Teamwork]
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headline View Post
#sourcemod on irc is going to be the best bet. I don't know one person who uses Telegram, and if you're looking to have access to talk to people on mobile there's irc apps for your phone or you can use the community driven SourceMod discord that even has a direct message relay to/from irc in order to prevent the community splitting across two platforms.

This idea of code collaboration has even already happened in the unofficial SM Discord as well.

I like Telegram because works well even in smartphone (like whatsapp but without share your personal number). I will check how to work Discord on my smartphone.

Anyway how to join to that discord server?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmmmmm View Post
Yea not sure about Telegram either, but I like the idea
I said Telegram because works better for me. If you want to participate on the project, what plataform you prefer to use?

Btw, I added a direct join link in the first post if anyone want to join. Shanapu already joined

Last edited by Franc1sco; 07-30-2017 at 03:08.
headline
SourceMod Moderator
Old 07-30-2017 , 03:43   Re: Make a developer group [Teamwork]
Reply With Quote #5

https://discord.gg/4Mgu6p4
Franc1sco
Veteran Member
Old 07-30-2017 , 04:07   Re: Make a developer group [Teamwork]
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Ty, I will join it more later in home.

About the Telegram group, I wil add to the first post the current members separated in coders, mappers, modellers and beta testers with his username in this forum.

shanapu
Veteran Member
Old 07-30-2017 , 11:52   Re: Make a developer group [Teamwork]
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:

For my understatement, this is no attempt for yet another replacement platform for IRC.

While the IRC is a place for everyone to get "fast answers" or to connect developer outside the forum, this request wants (in my understanding) found/establish an group of some experienced coders to work on special projects together as a team and release cool stuff in the brand of the team/group.
Maybe I have missunderstood this.

It really does not matter, where this group connect together. It's a matter of taste of the participating peoples.
I don't see telegram as "the platform" for this idea, more as a first come together - a base starting/connection point for interested parties.
Old 07-30-2017 , 12:08   Re: Make a developer group [Teamwork]
Reply With Quote #8

I can join as Mapper, here is my WORKSHOP
Old 07-30-2017 , 17:29   Re: Make a developer group [Teamwork]
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanapu View Post
For my understatement, this is no attempt for yet another replacement platform for IRC.

While the IRC is a place for everyone to get "fast answers" or to connect developer outside the forum, this request wants (in my understanding) found/establish an group of some experienced coders to work on special projects together as a team and release cool stuff in the brand of the team/group.
Maybe I have missunderstood this.

It really does not matter, where this group connect together. It's a matter of taste of the participating peoples.
I don't see telegram as "the platform" for this idea, more as a first come together - a base starting/connection point for interested parties.
Exactly as you said the group should be a developer team for do projects together. The group is not a general alliedmods chat like in the irc.

We use Telegram as first contact but we can use other plataforms like discord, we accept suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by sHoC View Post
I can join as Mapper, here is my WORKSHOP
Nice to have you in the team you will join to the Telegram group or you dont want to use Telegram and you prefer other plataform? All the members should be in the same plataform of direct chat for a easy contact.

Last edited by Franc1sco; 07-30-2017 at 17:29.
sHoC
Old 07-30-2017 , 17:34   Re: Make a developer group [Teamwork]
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franc1sco View Post
Exactly as you said the group should be a developer team for do projects together. The group is not a general alliedmods chat like in the irc.

We use Telegram as first contact but we can use other plataforms like discord, we accept suggestions

Nice to have you in the team you will join to the Telegram group or you dont want to use Telegram and you prefer other plataform? All the members should be in the same plataform of direct chat for a easy contact.
I never used telegram, I joined on discord.