Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[ANY] Smacbans 0.2.0 (Updated 2013/05/13)

Post New Thread Reply   

ddhoward
Veteran Member
Old 04-27-2013 , 14:30   Re: [ANY] Smacbans 0.1.9
Reply With Quote #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAREN View Post
On my server, there have been cases where the client css updated and SMAC started mistakenly everybody ban.
You need to update your SMAC. An update came out a month ago to fix this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAREN View Post
And what if someone tries to rewrite your plugin so that it sends all the steam ids in a row in your database?
Only a select few servers can write to the database. Reading from it is public, writing is exclusive to only a few "trusted" servers.
GeNeRaLbEaM
Old 04-27-2013 , 20:29   Re: [ANY] Smacbans 0.1.9
Reply With Quote #32

Quote:
Would it be possible for you to add the ability to allow specified accounts to join a server regardless of their SMAC ban status? In other words, a cfg file that has a list of steam ids which bypass the block check?
Sure it is possible. Our head coder had this part already working but the community decided to work without it so it was never released. Do you really want to unblock catched Cheater on your server ?

Quote:
On my server, there have been cases where the client css updated and SMAC started mistakenly everybody ban.
And what if someone tries to rewrite your plugin so that it sends all the steam ids in a row in your database?
It is techincally not possible to write into the database before you get confirmed by the Admin team. I think you can understand that we wont talk about our infrastucture and our security filters.
Like ddhoward told before. There are only a few selected Server who have the ability to ban.
Old 04-29-2013 , 03:00   Re: [ANY] Smacbans 0.1.9
Reply With Quote #33

some feedback:
I'm using it now about 6 months+ and had never any errors or problems with players.
If you got a question or any problem then you will get usually fast replies.
from what I know: the admins are experienced and are in the community for a long time.

I can only recommend using this if you want to get rid of known cheaters + its free.
They also provide a "Protest a Ban" in case of false detection.
thumbs up for you guys!
Old 04-30-2013 , 10:13   Re: [ANY] Smacbans 0.1.9
Reply With Quote #34

Suggestion:
Would it be possble to add a Whitelist for this Plugin?

Like a text file where you can put Steam ids which won't be blocked:

Code:
"Whitelist"
{
   "STEAM_1:1:xxxxxxxx"
}

greetz cREANy0

Last edited by cREANy0; 04-30-2013 at 10:15.
Sreaper
髪を用心
Old 04-30-2013 , 21:49   Re: [ANY] Smacbans 0.1.9
Reply With Quote #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popoklopsi View Post
No, because some of the community are against it.
I somehow doubt you even brought his suggestion up with your community but rather, you just want total control over the bans.
In the end it's the server owner's server, they should be able to let people past the banlist exclusively on their server(s).
If you can't agree with that policy then it's unlikely people are going to use your plugin. If you don't add a whitelist, chances are someone else will.

Last edited by Sreaper; 04-30-2013 at 21:54.
thetwistedpanda
Good Little Panda
Old 04-30-2013 , 22:31   Re: [ANY] Smacbans 0.1.9
Reply With Quote #36

With exception to false positives which they already deal with, smac bans usually consist of valid cheaters and thus no reason to allow exceptions... That being said, it's trivial for someone to add if not officially supported. Kigen's original anti cheat was forked allowing that feature as it wasn't supported, so the same can be true here.

Last edited by thetwistedpanda; 04-30-2013 at 22:52.
HSFighter
Veteran Member
Old 05-01-2013 , 06:06   Re: [ANY] Smacbans 0.1.9
Reply With Quote #37

Add new qestion to FAQ.

Quote:
Q: Would it be possble to add a whitelist to support cheater for this Plugin?
A: NO! Bans in our list are valid and we do not support cheater!!!

Sorry for my very bad english
Greetings HSFighter

Last edited by HSFighter; 05-02-2013 at 03:33.
Send a message via ICQ to HSFighter
cREANy0
SourceMod Donor
Old 05-01-2013 , 08:21   Re: [ANY] Smacbans 0.1.9
Reply With Quote #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeNeRaLbEaM View Post
Sure it is possible. Our head coder had this part already working but the community decided to work without it so it was never released. Do you really want to unblock catched Cheater on your server ?
Why it should not be allowed?
I think every Server Owner should have the option to decide if they want to use this feature or not.

I use this plugin because i like this Plugin really and it's good against cheater, but i have not on all servers the kick function activated.
On my Servers where running maps like de_dusd2 , ... its activated.
I have some people who want to play on this server but they can't because they used a Cheat in a other game some years (2-4) ago and are blocked.
I don't want to deactivate this features because 2-3 people can't join.

So it would be useful to add a whitelist.

greetz cREANy0

Last edited by cREANy0; 05-01-2013 at 08:23.
lyric
Veteran Member
Old 05-01-2013 , 09:14   Re: [ANY] Smacbans 0.1.9
Reply With Quote #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by cREANy0 View Post
I have some people who want to play on this server but they can't because they used a Cheat in a other game some years (2-4) ago and are blocked.
Those are the consequences you pay for cheating. people these days dont think before they act and think there are no such things as consequences to there actions. i think its a good thing they dont allow for whitelisting as that would defeat the whole purpose of something like this
Old 05-01-2013 , 09:19   Re: [ANY] Smacbans 0.1.9
Reply With Quote #40

I'm not in support of a whitelist, but it gives end-users back a small amount of control over who and who isn't banned within their own server, thus widening the appeal and the number of users that may download it.

If a community doesn't want to use the feature, then they wouldn't exactly be required to use the feature, since it should be handled on a per-server basis. A simple KV that imports steams into a Trie and checks against connections prior to executing any action would suffice. That's what, 20 lines? If you want to get a bit more involved and multi-server then a secondary database that stores entries, requiring you to query it and get a result prior to executing any action. That's still less than 100 lines.

Last edited by thetwistedpanda; 05-01-2013 at 09:34.