Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[TF2] Private Plugin Request

Post New Thread Reply   

Newbie1992
Old 02-06-2014 , 10:52   [TF2] Private Plugin Request
Reply With Quote #1

Hello guys, first sorry for my poor english. I'm looking for someone there can help with two little plugin fixes for TF2. I'll can pay some money around 10-20€ but not more. Or its much better for me 18 tf2 keys for both fixes. You can choose low money or all keys.

First ill need a private version of this: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=137220
Second is a private plugin in them i need some little changes.

If anyone can do this add me in steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/_Newbie_

Thanks!
Old 02-06-2014 , 11:32   Re: [TF2] Private Plugin Request
Reply With Quote #2

This person added me on Steam, we made a deal, I made the plugin and he removed me without prior knowledge before he purchased it. Figured I'd give some people a heads up.

- Jack
Dr. Greg House
Professional Troll,
Part-Time Asshole
Old 02-06-2014 , 11:37   Re: [TF2] Private Plugin Request
Reply With Quote #3

Thanks for the heads up. I added him, a few minutes before your post. Let's see.

Watch out when you're paying people for private requests! Most stuff already exists and you can hardly assess the quality of what you'll get, and if it's worth the money.
Newbie1992
Old 02-06-2014 , 11:55   Re: [TF2] Private Plugin Request
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by r3dw3r3w0lf View Post
This person added me on Steam, we made a deal, I made the plugin and he removed me without prior knowledge before he purchased it. Figured I'd give some people a heads up.

- Jack
Because, 25€ for only made one job, sure more please. I got the complete steam chat log here if anyone want to he it pm me.

And really unfriendly he said all the time if you want more features you need to add more money, more money, more money, more money ....

No, Thanks! I Found two guys for help now close it if you want.

Last edited by Newbie1992; 02-06-2014 at 11:56.
Drixevel
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-06-2014 , 13:02   Re: [TF2] Private Plugin Request
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbie1992 View Post
Because, 25€ for only made one job, sure more please. I got the complete steam chat log here if anyone want to he it pm me.

And really unfriendly he said all the time if you want more features you need to add more money, more money, more money, more money ....

No, Thanks! I Found two guys for help now close it if you want.
I said you're paying for the time, not the project. I was also willing to work with you on prices but you didn't seem to want to, you just outright removed me after you had to go for some odd reason. I added you to my ignore list before this gets ugly.

Have a good day,
- Jack

Last edited by Drixevel; 02-06-2014 at 13:05.
Mitchell
~lick~
Old 02-06-2014 , 13:29   Re: [TF2] Private Plugin Request
Reply With Quote #6

Ussually minor coding should be around 10$ a hour, and goes up depending on difficulty. Some people should learn how to get their money's worth on both sides.
What buyers should do:
1. Ask for the request, if you don't have a price range then ask how much it would cost and get an opinion, your choice, then ask for some one to code it once you found a price range.
2. Provide information to the Coders (if it's worth their time.)
3. Ask how long it would take to get it done, or when the coder is available. Usually if the coder isnt very good then the time to complete it will go be long. Provide time for the coder to run tests on the plugin. DO NOT ACCEPT THE PLUGIN UNTIL YOU KNOW IT IS COMPLETELY RUNNABLE WITH NO GLITCHES. this is what gets people. Some newbie that codes fast and dosent pay attention could have leaks.
4. Get it done
5. Test it with the coder, and make sure everything is 100% to your standards from when you
6. Let the coder send you the plugin, WARNING this is a big step, check the sourcecode, if you see any malicious code (like sending in commands unwanted, setting cvars that are unwanted, adding admins, etc.) then report the coder here, providing the code to a moderator of course.
7. If everything checks out send compensation. if not any changes ask the coder to fix it or solve any issues with it. A coder should not let you have a buggy code. Honestly i wouldnt accept anything but a good clean coding style.

Tips:
Having a full write up of what every is supposed to happen helps me alot in coding. (just ask fearts i ask him for a write up for everything.)
Write-ups can lower prices, as coders dont need to keep asking you what you want everytime they add something.
IF YOU HAVE ADDITIONS YOU SHOULD COMPENSATE THE CODER, if you want to add on a major thing to your script then warn the coder before he finishes, you should pay extra for his troubles. Also changes are a different thing. if you change your writeup then let the coder know of the new changes you were thinking. he might be kind and do it free of charge.

If you dont know the coder very well DO YOUR RESEARCH. a simple check to see his released plugins can determine how good of a coder he is. if you see advanced coded plugins then hes reliable. if no results are found then ask him what he has done in the past. If he says along the lines of: "All my plugins are private" then ask him this: "What servers have your plugins then? And what did you set your author var in the myinfo?" go and check the server with his plugins. (using sm plugins list)

Last edited by Mitchell; 02-06-2014 at 13:32.
Drixevel
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-06-2014 , 14:19   Re: [TF2] Private Plugin Request
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchell View Post
Ussually minor coding should be around 10$ a hour, and goes up depending on difficulty. Some people should learn how to get their money's worth on both sides.
What buyers should do:
1. Ask for the request, if you don't have a price range then ask how much it would cost and get an opinion, your choice, then ask for some one to code it once you found a price range.
2. Provide information to the Coders (if it's worth their time.)
3. Ask how long it would take to get it done, or when the coder is available. Usually if the coder isnt very good then the time to complete it will go be long. Provide time for the coder to run tests on the plugin. DO NOT ACCEPT THE PLUGIN UNTIL YOU KNOW IT IS COMPLETELY RUNNABLE WITH NO GLITCHES. this is what gets people. Some newbie that codes fast and dosent pay attention could have leaks.
4. Get it done
5. Test it with the coder, and make sure everything is 100% to your standards from when you
6. Let the coder send you the plugin, WARNING this is a big step, check the sourcecode, if you see any malicious code (like sending in commands unwanted, setting cvars that are unwanted, adding admins, etc.) then report the coder here, providing the code to a moderator of course.
7. If everything checks out send compensation. if not any changes ask the coder to fix it or solve any issues with it. A coder should not let you have a buggy code. Honestly i wouldnt accept anything but a good clean coding style.

Tips:
Having a full write up of what every is supposed to happen helps me alot in coding. (just ask fearts i ask him for a write up for everything.)
Write-ups can lower prices, as coders dont need to keep asking you what you want everytime they add something.
IF YOU HAVE ADDITIONS YOU SHOULD COMPENSATE THE CODER, if you want to add on a major thing to your script then warn the coder before he finishes, you should pay extra for his troubles. Also changes are a different thing. if you change your writeup then let the coder know of the new changes you were thinking. he might be kind and do it free of charge.

If you dont know the coder very well DO YOUR RESEARCH. a simple check to see his released plugins can determine how good of a coder he is. if you see advanced coded plugins then hes reliable. if no results are found then ask him what he has done in the past. If he says along the lines of: "All my plugins are private" then ask him this: "What servers have your plugins then? And what did you set your author var in the myinfo?" go and check the server with his plugins. (using sm plugins list)
I charge based on time but I don't charge hourly. I charge based on what we both find fair in the deal. I usually ask the person purchasing the plugin what price they would think is fair and usually go with what they believe is the best but I have had people try to get me to build or purchase plugins very cheaply. This person kept adding features on on top of the original deal and never really said anything else.

- Jack
Mitchell
~lick~
Old 02-06-2014 , 17:03   Re: [TF2] Private Plugin Request
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by r3dw3r3w0lf View Post
This person kept adding features on on top of the original deal and never really said anything else.

- Jack
Right there i would stop and flag him as a waste of time. And tell him to find another coder to do your work. Im not going to code for a hour for some feature a person wants then have him end up changing his mind.
GsiX
gee, six eggs
Old 02-07-2014 , 00:21   Re: [TF2] Private Plugin Request
Reply With Quote #9

Add me..
friagram
Veteran Member
Old 02-07-2014 , 02:47   Re: [TF2] Private Plugin Request
Reply With Quote #10

Any decent programmer will test the plugin and offer to fix it and help you if you have any problems without charging you, providing it's not like, later on down the road after some big change. Come now.