Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Has Steam Abandomed Win Xp & Vista?

Post New Thread Reply   

Deathrow Bo Dean
Old 07-10-2019 , 18:25   Has Steam Abandomed Win Xp & Vista?
Reply With Quote #1

A few days ago I happened to come across a post not from this site but someware saying that Steam no longer supports Win Xp or Win Vista Computers. Does that mean that you can't host your dedicated srcds servbers on these platformsanymore?

I had not put up any server since January 6th or have played L4D2 or CSS since then. So last week I updated L4d2 but CSS did not need an update. However, after updating and launching them I could no see them listed. An after searching the blogs I found the info about Steam's discontinuance of Win Xp and Vista.
After reading that, I replaced my L4d2 and Css Dedicated servers that were being hosted on a Win Vista computer with a Win 8.1 computer.I used the same server files and I can see them and connect to them connect with the Win 8.1 computer just fine'
I can still launch the server with Win Xp and win Vista and I say's that it is Activated on the Steam Network but I can't see them on the community boards connect to it. However, the Win 8.1 computer connected to the same port on my router works just fine for both games.

So all I'd like to know is hosting a server on the Steam network with Win XP and Win Vista still possiable or not. That is the question?