/rank

Post New Thread Reply   

illusionalp
Old 09-14-2012 , 10:06   Re: /rank
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaHBeR View Post
Hi,
What do you mean by "not working"? You asked how to backup the ranks so what is not "not working" in the backup process?
Are you trying to copy one server installation's rank data into another?
Regards,
RaHBeR
i did what YamiKaitou told me to do but when i started the server the ranks was rested to default and the file wasn't loaded successfully any thoughts?
RaHBeR
๏_๏
Old 09-14-2012 , 11:41   Re: /rank
Reply With Quote #12

Hi again,
YamiKaiTou told you how to backup the rank data that is currently stored in your server. That is you have a server that has been running for quite a while and a lot of rank stats have been recorded that you want to save a copy of so that incase something happens to your server you will be able to restore the ranks.

If your rank stats have already been reset then there is no use of copying and saving the current csstats.dat file as it is blank without any ranks.
If you had sometime before saved this file to a safe location (when you had stats recorded) then you could have recovered them by pasting that backup file over the current one in your server.
But as you don't have a backup then there is no way of recovering the ranks.

From now on make regular backups of your csstats.dat file to avoid losing them.
Regards,
RaHBeR

Last edited by RaHBeR; 09-14-2012 at 11:48. Reason: Changed with to without
iol
Old 09-14-2012 , 16:16   Re: /rank
Reply With Quote #13

mate where are you from?
illusionalp
Old 09-14-2012 , 17:59   Re: /rank
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaHBeR View Post
Hi again,
YamiKaiTou told you how to backup the rank data that is currently stored in your server. That is you have a server that has been running for quite a while and a lot of rank stats have been recorded that you want to save a copy of so that incase something happens to your server you will be able to restore the ranks.

If your rank stats have already been reset then there is no use of copying and saving the current csstats.dat file as it is blank without any ranks.
If you had sometime before saved this file to a safe location (when you had stats recorded) then you could have recovered them by pasting that backup file over the current one in your server.
But as you don't have a backup then there is no way of recovering the ranks.

From now on make regular backups of your csstats.dat file to avoid losing them.
Regards,
RaHBeR
i made a backup before restarting the server but i was surprised that the file size was 0 i think the ranks on my server was stored some where else...
YamiKaitou
Has a lovely bunch of coconuts
Old 09-14-2012 , 18:29   Re: /rank
Reply With Quote #15

Show us the output of the following commands

rcon amxx plugins

I do not browse the forums regularly anymore. If you need me for anything (asking questions or anything else), then PM me (be descriptive in your PM, message containing only a link to a thread will be ignored).