Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Does anyone know how to install Rcbot2 for day of defeat source?

Post New Thread Reply   

crimsontide
Old 09-21-2017 , 02:38   Does anyone know how to install Rcbot2 for day of defeat source?
Reply With Quote #1

I've actually had this mod working once due to the help of someone online a few years ago, but after reformatting my computer i had to reinstall it, and had no idea how i got it working. I've heard the mod hasn't been updated in a while but still works. So my question to everyone is, can anyone help me install it? Guide or step by step would be nice, thanks!
andi67
Veteran Member
Old 09-21-2017 , 08:26   Re: Does anyone know how to install Rcbot2 for day of defeat source?
Reply With Quote #2

Every thing you need is here:

http://rcbot.bots-united.com
crimsontide
Old 09-21-2017 , 23:26   Re: Does anyone know how to install Rcbot2 for day of defeat source?
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by andi67 View Post
Every thing you need is here:

http://rcbot.bots-united.com
Thanks, i know but.. i don't know how to install it, there isnt a step by step or anything. I've also tried signing up to ask for help on there, but i can't get past the sign up page because it keeps telling me to name a bot. Another thing is the guide that is on there does not work, its not telling me what files i need or anything, thats why i need help installing it.
Happy DODs player
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-22-2017 , 13:34   Re: Does anyone know how to install Rcbot2 for day of defeat source?
Reply With Quote #4

I have PM d you yesterday with a install, and server.cfg simple explain and install.....
crimsontide
Old 09-22-2017 , 21:51   Re: Does anyone know how to install Rcbot2 for day of defeat source?
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy DODs player View Post
I have PM d you yesterday with a install, and server.cfg simple explain and install.....
thanks, but im trying to run it via lan, i copied the folders to the directory of dod source, then started a server, no bots joined.
Happy DODs player
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-23-2017 , 03:41   Re: Does anyone know how to install Rcbot2 for day of defeat source?
Reply With Quote #6

Did you edited your server.cfg also.? ( and i gave the windows version btw )

Last edited by Happy DODs player; 09-23-2017 at 03:45.
crimsontide
Old 09-23-2017 , 15:36   Re: Does anyone know how to install Rcbot2 for day of defeat source?
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy DODs player View Post
Did you edited your server.cfg also.? ( and i gave the windows version btw )
i dont have a server.cfg folder. All im trying to do is run it on lan, but i looked through all my dod s folders and found no server.cfg folder
Bacardi
Veteran Member
Old 09-23-2017 , 15:55   Re: Does anyone know how to install Rcbot2 for day of defeat source?
Reply With Quote #8

....you can create that file. Or copy another cfg and rename it server.cfg
Old 09-23-2017 , 18:01   Re: Does anyone know how to install Rcbot2 for day of defeat source?
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacardi View Post
....you can create that file. Or copy another cfg and rename it server.cfg
Okay I'll try that right now, ill get back to you with results.

edit, just tried putting a server.cfg folder into my day of defeat source folder, "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Day of Defeat Source" still nothing happens when loading a game. I even put the correct
rcbotd config min_bots 0
rcbotd config max_bots 8
rcbot_tooltips 0

but nothing happened still. I do have a serverconfig.vdf in the folder, but pasting it in there also does nothing. The rcbot2 mod is put in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Day of Defeat Source" but the game does not even recognize it. :/ Really want to play this game with bots.

Last edited by crimsontide; 09-23-2017 at 18:22.
Blondknight
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-25-2017 , 13:14   Re: Does anyone know how to install Rcbot2 for day of defeat source?
Reply With Quote #10

Sent you a message through steam (My_Time_2 ) to kind of help you on this.