Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[L4D2] How to remove effect from Grenade Launcher ?

Post New Thread Reply   

hoanganh81097
Old 03-31-2020 , 22:32   [L4D2] How to remove effect from Grenade Launcher ?
Reply With Quote #1

As a topic, does somebody have any idea to remove effect (smoke) from Grenade Launcher ?

Last edited by hoanganh81097; 03-31-2020 at 22:33.
Silvers
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 04-01-2020 , 22:48   Re: [L4D2] How to remove effect from Grenade Launcher ?
Reply With Quote #2

Seems to be built into the entity itself and probably not possible to remove or block (client side I guess). For what usage are you using the entity or do you just want to remove the smoke from GL's?
Old 04-03-2020 , 00:26   Re: [L4D2] How to remove effect from Grenade Launcher ?
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvers View Post
Seems to be built into the entity itself and probably not possible to remove or block (client side I guess). For what usage are you using the entity or do you just want to remove the smoke from GL's?
i just want to remove the smoker from GL
Tonblader
Old 08-04-2020 , 11:29   Re: [L4D2] How to remove effect from Grenade Launcher ?
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvers View Post
On bad PC's the smoke particles of explosions, reduce for a few seconds -60 fps, it's annoying.
Lux
Veteran Member
Old 08-07-2020 , 13:34   Re: [L4D2] How to remove effect from Grenade Launcher ?
Reply With Quote #5

I just wanna say it is possible since most of the grenade laucher explosion effects have standalone child particle in the PCF.

Method block origin particle and emit each child particle without the child particle you want, you can emit the particles with a DispatchEffect temp entity.

Just saying the method that should work not doing it my self.

Commission me for L4D

Last edited by Lux; 08-07-2020 at 13:34.
Tonblader
Old 08-07-2020 , 23:27   Re: [L4D2] How to remove effect from Grenade Launcher ?
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
I just wanna say it is possible since most of the grenade laucher explosion effects have standalone child particle in the PCF.

Method block origin particle and emit each child particle without the child particle you want, you can emit the particles with a DispatchEffect temp entity.

Just saying the method that should work not doing it my self.
Interestingly, I thought it was a single particle integrated into the explosion and therefore irremovable.
Now it remains to hope that someone can develop it
Lux
Veteran Member
Old 08-08-2020 , 00:04   Re: [L4D2] How to remove effect from Grenade Launcher ?
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonblader View Post
Interestingly, I thought it was a single particle integrated into the explosion and therefore irremovable.
Now it remains to hope that someone can develop it
Puts more strain on the network since you are emitting children particles individually rather than a single parent particle that includes all the children

Commission me for L4D

Last edited by Lux; 08-08-2020 at 00:20. Reason: incase someone tells me off :c
rekcah
Old 08-08-2020 , 04:28   Re: [L4D2] How to remove effect from Grenade Launcher ?
Reply With Quote #8

i read something the other day about removing the smoker cloud, the solution they came too was to teleport the could off map somewhere whenever it spawned, would that be a possible solution?
Lux
Veteran Member
Old 08-08-2020 , 05:34   Re: [L4D2] How to remove effect from Grenade Launcher ?
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekcah View Post
i read something the other day about removing the smoker cloud, the solution they came too was to teleport the could off map somewhere whenever it spawned, would that be a possible solution?
no and would never consider that method for it.

Commission me for L4D