3% 

[L4D & L4D2] Multiple Equipments

Post New Thread Reply   

panxiaohai
Old 01-03-2012 , 18:48   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Multiple Equipments
Reply With Quote #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterMind420 View Post
also wanted to know if you could get this working with custom melee weapons, or any custom weapons and items for that matter, my custom melee weapons disappear when i switch to empty and grab something else, works with knife and riotshield though...
You can try the new version 1.8 , the unkown weapon will not be switched, I can not test it because I do not have custom weapon, please try for me.
The knife and riotshield are supported in version 1.7,
panxiaohai
Old 01-03-2012 , 18:53   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Multiple Equipments
Reply With Quote #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominatez View Post
Hi Pan. Sorry for the delay. I stripped the plugin back to basics and sorted it out. We now only use multiple guns on the server and have removed the pipes, molotovs, pills and medkits to stop people from being too greedy and hording.

Could you put in a couple of cvars to allow users to choose that as an option and it would make it a MUST USE plugin.
Thank you remind, the new version have convars to diable multi-item for each slot, I hope this meets your suggestions.

Last edited by panxiaohai; 01-03-2012 at 18:54.
MasterMind420
BANNED
Old 01-04-2012 , 05:58   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Multiple Equipments
Reply With Quote #83

Excellent job man, everything you implemented works great, thankyou. I have another suggestion, if its at all possible. Could you make it so, if you have a weapon or item in hand, and you pickup another item, instead of replacing the item in hand, could it be put into the second empty slot automatically, maybe only allow swapping out if say both slots are full...that way you don't have to empty the slot in order to put an item in it...Let me know what you think, if its even possible...Thanks again... might make it easier for people playing that aren't sure how to use it. Plus sometimes I find myself swapping out a weapon or item I didn't mean too...oh yah one more request too, would it be possible to set it so hitting say 2 a second time if 2nd slot is empty will bring back melee weapon again, if you need more clarification just let me know, again not sure if its even possible, but would help game play wise for new players. Also noticed a glitch earlier, when switch to empty slot when carrying pistols, only hands would disappear, guns would remain floating in front of player, not sure if it happens every time, just noticed it earlier. Seems to only happen when switching to second slot from pistols slot. Would also be nice if there was a way to edit the HUD to reflect the changes or maybe creating a new HUD for items, I will look into this...

Last edited by MasterMind420; 01-04-2012 at 07:01. Reason: Text Edit
RaikeN
Old 01-07-2012 , 07:42   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Multiple Equipments
Reply With Quote #84

Wow, this is a really good plugin.
Just found some issues.

It's not possible to deactivate slot 2 - 5.
Deactivating slot 0 works though. And I'm still wondering why I can't see 2 medi kits on my back when I pick up 2. Any way to fix that?

Edit:

Nvm, it is working. But still... is there no way to display the medikits or weapons on the back? I kinda wanna see what I have. =/

Last edited by RaikeN; 01-09-2012 at 03:32.
MasterMind420
BANNED
Old 01-07-2012 , 23:29   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Multiple Equipments
Reply With Quote #85

ok so i've been dabbling with adding a ton of custom melee weapons to my server, and thanks to your fix, my custom melee weapons won't switch, which is good, no glitching...however now I have a problem, i'm trying to add tonfa_riot to my server, its a combo tonfa and riotshield. problem is because the plugin allows the riotshield to switch to secondary slot, it also effects the tonfa_riot for some reason, so I attempted to fix the problem myself, added the tonfa_riot in all necessary places, thinking this would fix the glitching i'm getting from it, however that didn't fix it, so then I thought, remove the riotshield altogether from my server and your plugin, and alas still same problem, I would like to know how I could 1 either exclude the tonfa_riot completely from switching, if its possible, or 2 prevent the riotshield from switching, something ties it into the riotshield, obviously it uses it but its completely different model. Any help would be appreciated...
MasterMind420
BANNED
Old 01-09-2012 , 10:24   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Multiple Equipments
Reply With Quote #86

hmm ok so, i've discovered an issue, if load into new map, you must pick something up in order to switch to all your other stuff again, effectively re enabling the plugin...is there something that can be done to automatically trigger the plugin on map start???
trollhater
Old 01-09-2012 , 15:56   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Multiple Equipments
Reply With Quote #87

The medkits/defibs show on your back when you have 2. Been running this one since day one. Genius stuff. Reinvents the way you play the game. Thanks pan! Best plugin ever.
RaikeN
Old 01-09-2012 , 16:31   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Multiple Equipments
Reply With Quote #88

Well, they are only shown on your back when someone else spectates you. If you go in thirdpersonshoulder mode your self, you won't see the medikits / weapons on your back.
disawar1
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-09-2012 , 23:58   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Multiple Equipments
Reply With Quote #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaikeN View Post
Well, they are only shown on your back when someone else spectates you. If you go in thirdpersonshoulder mode your self, you won't see the medikits / weapons on your back.
!eview
Old 01-10-2012 , 01:14   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Multiple Equipments
Reply With Quote #90

thirdperson lara croft mode - cool - lol