Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

L4D2 - The Last Stand Update - Issues and Bugs - Mega Thread

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

foxhound27
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-29-2020 , 15:39   Re: L4D2 - The Last Stand Update - Issues and Bugs - Mega Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragokas View Post
foxhound27, ahh, that's "engine" library. First sig doesn't changed. Second is unique, but it doesn't exist in old L4D2 lib, so it is already updated. So, either this fix is incorrect at all, or valve changed this function again.
If that's by accelerator, only him knows what argument this sig offset should point to, at least I need working pair of sig-lib, none are in my hands.

If I recall correctly, Silvers have somethings similar in left4dhooks - isn't l4d2_addons_eclipse ConVar what you need?
thank you its working fine this

Last edited by foxhound27; 09-29-2020 at 15:41.
Smoak
Old 09-29-2020 , 16:09   Re: L4D2 - The Last Stand Update - Issues and Bugs - Mega Thread

Anyone who wants to help me fix the keep lasersights mod for l4d2, send me a private message. I need all the help I can get.
DragShot
Old 09-29-2020 , 22:42   Re: L4D2 - The Last Stand Update - Issues and Bugs - Mega Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxhound27 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragokas View Post
OMG, I just removed 2 checkmarks from L4d2 properties - Updates page and from Settings - Steam Cloud (in-game) and integrity check no more creates config.cfg, and game automatically creates it with "none" in cl_downloadfilter.

What a destroyers.
seriously this is bad.. i had many stuff goin on with particles and models such a shame.
This plus the bugged rescue vehicle (now leaves Player 5 and the others stranded instead of picking them up) has managed to bring my opinion on this update from a highly positive down to a neutral. I mean, sure the QoL changes are awesome, but then there are "features" like these that definitely felt like a kick in the nuts. It's almost like if one wasn't allowed to have fun in this game in a way certain people don't.

Tbh I was expecting the black screen situation with file downloads to be addressed, but instead we got the literal opposite. I am not OK with this, even if my plugins don't depend on downloads atm (although I did have plans for some in the future). I really want to believe this was done by someone at Valve and that it didn't have anything to do with the community update itself, because I wouldn't be able to comprehend what reasoning a modder could have to throw stones on the way of other modders.

Well, one can only hope for this not to be the last update L4D2 gets in this decade, so maybe these issues will be properly addressed in the future.

Last edited by DragShot; 09-29-2020 at 22:49. Reason: Addendum
Dragokas
Veteran Member
Old 09-30-2020 , 07:23   Re: L4D2 - The Last Stand Update - Issues and Bugs - Mega Thread

Smoak, my useful upgrades fork plugin is not broke and it works exactly how you want, if I correctly understand you.
GuStAvOS
Old 09-30-2020 , 19:51   Re: L4D2 - The Last Stand Update - Issues and Bugs - Mega Thread

hello people good night.

could you help me with one thing
now that csgo weapon unlocking is no longer required.
There are ways to increase the damage to the awp and scout without causing damage to the friend.
Those weapons are special on my server and also how could you make them not appear everywhere.

I am with MetaMod: Source v1.11.0-dev + 1143V, Stripper v1.2.2, SourceMod v1.11.0.6625

apologize for my english ...

Thanks in advance.
Old 09-30-2020 , 20:56   Re: L4D2 - The Last Stand Update - Issues and Bugs - Mega Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuStAvOS View Post
hello people good night.

could you help me with one thing
now that csgo weapon unlocking is no longer required.
There are ways to increase the damage to the awp and scout without causing damage to the friend.
Those weapons are special on my server and also how could you make them not appear everywhere.

I am with MetaMod: Source v1.11.0-dev + 1143V, Stripper v1.2.2, SourceMod v1.11.0.6625

apologize for my english ...

Thanks in advance.

you can try this plugin for example.

and for no damage on friend just add simple filter to check for mates on these guns this on ontakedamage function to avoid damage just like

option 1 avoid any damage with these guns to your mates

PHP Code:

else if (strcmp(sWeapon"weapon_sniper_awp"false) == 0)
            {
                if(
GetClientTeam(victim) == 2damage 0.0 else damage damage value;
            } 

else if (
strcmp(sWeapon"weapon_sniper_scout"false) == 0)
            {
                if(
GetClientTeam(victim) == 2damage 0.0 else damage damage value;
            } 

option 2 use stock damage on friends

PHP Code:

else if (strcmp(sWeapon"weapon_sniper_awp"false) == 0)
            {
                if(
GetClientTeam(victim) == 2damage damage else damage damage value;
            } 

else if (
strcmp(sWeapon"weapon_sniper_scout"false) == 0)
            {
                if(
GetClientTeam(victim) == 2damage damage else damage damage value;
            } 
option 3 try mi.cura method https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...3&postcount=36

this just example o.o

Last edited by foxhound27; 09-30-2020 at 21:55. Reason: example
GuStAvOS
Old 09-30-2020 , 21:13   Re: L4D2 - The Last Stand Update - Issues and Bugs - Mega Thread

Thank you very much I will try it.
Old 09-30-2020 , 22:32   Re: L4D2 - The Last Stand Update - Issues and Bugs - Mega Thread

@foxhound27

PHP Code:
if(GetClientTeam(victim) == 2damage damage else damage damage value
Would be better like:
PHP Code:
if(GetClientTeam(victim) != 2damage += value
No point assigning itself when you dont want the change.

Last edited by Silvers; 09-30-2020 at 22:32.
the_new_guy
Old 10-01-2020 , 04:35   Re: L4D2 - The Last Stand Update - Issues and Bugs - Mega Thread

Hi i hope i posted this in right place i am new. I am not sure whether my issue is related to the last stand update because i happened to start my server right as the update was released.
-my sourcemod and MM version:SM 1.10 6497, MM:S 1.10.7 971 , its a linux server.
-Thanks in advance for any help!!
The issue:

Im having issues with sourcemod: there are bugs that are showng up in game and I have confirmed that the bugs are not originating from the 3 plugins i added that are not default to sourcemod by putting them inthe disabled folder and seeing that the bugs continue to occur after a server restart, so it is from one of the plugins of sourcemod itself bc when i put all of the plugins of sourcemod into the disabled folder the bugs stop occurring. Specifically the bugs i have noticed are increased z_spawn_safety_range(despite the console showing it having its default value), increased recharge times for SI after they use their ability ie the smoker tongue, spitter, and also stumbling lasts for way longer than it should when a boomer explodes or a pipe bomb goes off, especially for tank. I know that i can try to fix these issues by manipulating cvars but i would rather get to the bottom of whats altering the values of all teh these cvars.
1)
It occured to me that these bugs may be from sourcemod or its default plugins not having been updated to work with the l4d2 last stand update are you aware of any patches or updates i could apply to sourcemod or is default plugins to compensate for the new l4d2 update? I saw someone talking about plugins being updated for the update but not the sourcemod default plugins themselves, or sourcemod itself.
2)
Also do you know which plugins of the ones that are downloaded by default are necessary to run source mod and which ones are not, so i can see if removing the unnessecary ones fixes the bugs.
3)
Are you aware if any of the default plugins actually have cvars in them that might alter the values affecting the SI bugs i mentioned prior?

Last edited by the_new_guy; 10-01-2020 at 04:36.
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 10-01-2020 , 04:56   Re: L4D2 - The Last Stand Update - Issues and Bugs - Mega Thread

SM's base plugins have no L4D2-specific behaviour in them, or anything else that could affect gameplay to that degree.